Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
A 1" sensor (two?) is now real quality.
Exactly.

03-15-2019, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #242

Photos: Gallery
Received my GRIII today, lives up to the expectations so far.
03-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #243
Pentaxian

On Instagram, Ricoh Pentax just posted that the griii is in stock now and the first 50 orders in the us get a blue ring.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvCm7viFDoU

Last edited by aaacb; 03-15-2019 at 01:57 PM.
03-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #244
JPT
Pentaxian

There are some images in this report. You can click an image to open and the the enlarge icon at the top left to see the full size image.

?????? | KASYAPA | 516:GR????RICOH GR III? | PENTAX & RICOH

03-16-2019, 01:27 AM   #245
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To all those with an earlier GR, buying the new version, can you make a few comparison shots, please. As the pixel pitch has increased, the DR will probably come down a little (sensor age will affect this), and because of the increase from 12 to 14-bit the final image will have more data. So simple comparative shots using harsh lighting, through to dull lighting to be able to compare the DR, the processing "depth" available and the colours, would be very helpful. Anyone, happy to try ...?
03-16-2019, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #246
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
To all those with an earlier GR, buying the new version, can you make a few comparison shots, please. As the pixel pitch has increased, the DR will probably come down a little (sensor age will affect this), and because of the increase from 12 to 14-bit the final image will have more data. So simple comparative shots using harsh lighting, through to dull lighting to be able to compare the DR, the processing "depth" available and the colours, would be very helpful. Anyone, happy to try ...?
Once the 'accelerator' cuts in, DR may actually increase, but I'm not sure effect from either cause will be noticeable at "normal" ISO levels.
03-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Once the 'accelerator' cuts in, DR may actually increase, but I'm not sure effect from either cause will be noticeable at "normal" ISO levels.
Maybe. Guess this uncertainty is why I'm asking. As ISO increases the DR difference would normally lean towards the larger pixel pitch, all things being equal. However, the accelerator may make some difference...

03-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #248
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I will post some pictures once I get my hands on it. Unfortunately, due to industrial action in Germany, the shipment to the UK was held up at UPS. So...Tuesday it is.
03-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #249
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
I will post some pictures once I get my hands on it. Unfortunately, due to industrial action in Germany, the shipment to the UK was held up at UPS. So...Tuesday it is.
Thank you. Hope you get it soon ...
03-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #250
Pentaxian

I got an email today from bh apologizing (?!) that they expect to ship the camera on Monday.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
With my KP, I lower the LCD
Not that I have a camera with a tilting screen, but I'm worried I'd bump the screen all the time if it was extended like that. Do you find that an issue when walking, or tend to use the lcd when sitting/standing? I either look through the viewfinder, or just not look at all (not a great habit..), I'm now using dslrs with fixed screen or film cameras... wondering how the gr iii will be in use, in theory it will be a good fit for me.
03-16-2019, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #251
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
Not that I have a camera with a tilting screen, but I'm worried I'd bump the screen all the time if it was extended like that. Do you find that an issue when walking, or tend to use the lcd when sitting/standing? I either look through the viewfinder, or just not look at all (not a great habit..), I'm now using dslrs with fixed screen or film cameras... wondering how the gr iii will be in use, in theory it will be a good fit for me.
I don't extend it when I'm moving. Most of the time I use the OVF. I lower the LCD only when
(1) very dark, I need to use manual focus with high ISO, and lowered position is more stable than a variation of 'zombie mode'
(2) I see a situation where I want to be discrete. I either lower the LCD while standing in position to take the photo or while sitting in position to take the photo.
03-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #252

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
On Instagram, Ricoh Pentax just posted that the griii is in stock now and the first 50 orders in the us get a blue ring.
Ricoh Imaging on Instagram: ?The #ricohgriii is now available to purchase. The first 50 orders receive the limited edition blue ring, GR stickers and the GR story book!??
Wondering how they値l track the 50 preorders, gotta believe that some of us preordered from B&H, some from Amazon, some from their local camera store.

Sitting right now in the airport with my II next to me, had hoped that the III would be out before I left, but alas, it値l have to wait for me when I get back.
03-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #253
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jypfoto Quote
Wondering how they’ll track the 50 preorders, gotta believe that some of us preordered from B&H, some from Amazon, some from their local camera store.

Sitting right now in the airport with my II next to me, had hoped that the III would be out before I left, but alas, it’ll have to wait for me when I get back.
I assumed they were the first 50 orders from the Ricoh Imaging website after the pre-order period. I was sorely tempted.
03-18-2019, 08:18 AM   #254
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wondering how they値l track the 50 preorders, gotta believe that some of us preordered from B&H, some from Amazon, some from their local camera store
Here, the 2 main retailers were saying that ALL preorders received the blue ring.
03-18-2019, 09:41 AM   #255
Banned

Wondering how they値l track the 50 preorders, gotta believe that some of us preordered from B&H, some from Amazon, some from their local camera store.

Sitting right now in the airport with my II next to me, had hoped that the III would be out before I left, but alas, it値l have to wait for me when I get back.
You make 5000 books, stickers and Blue rings........and everyone is special.