Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-21-2019, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Field Test part II at IR

Pentax K-1 Mark II Review: A great SLR made better - and upgradeable

This may have been posted already but nice to see more positive reviews of a great camera.

02-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had not seen the field review - thanks for pointing it out.

The change in the K1 to K1-II is high ISO performance is very subjective. Especially jpg shooters might prefer the K-1 II output (as there is potentially less PP) but for me I actually prefer the output from the original K-1 (especially ISO 1600 - 6400 where I'm more likely to use my K-1). At iSOs higher than say 12800, the K-1 II may have an advantage (possibly a little beyond what could do with with K-1 + PP?).

Great to see a field review as its a very capable camera!
02-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Pentax K-1 Mark II Review: A great SLR made better - and upgradeable

This may have been posted already but nice to see more positive reviews of a great camera.
Interesting that all he compares is noise.
'Accelerator' also seems to improve both dynamic range and color depth/ accuracy , which shows in his photos if you look for that also.

Last edited by reh321; 02-22-2019 at 05:44 AM. Reason: added 'accuracy'
02-22-2019, 05:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Interesting that all he compares is noise.
'Accelerator' also seems to improve both dynamic range and color depth/ accuracy , which shows in his photos if you look for that also.
I think there may be a part III....this has been a very loooong review cycle. Months separated parts 1 & 2.