Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2019, 03:55 PM - 2 Likes   #106
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Mine is arriving tomorrow

from Adorama by way of Amazon. Ordered in March, before the delay.

I'm surprised, it's a bit early. But very pleased, because I will be able to use it for work next week.

05-11-2019, 06:04 AM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter

Delivered yesterday, May 10

Happened to be my birthday, as a sidebar.

Came with 58% charge. Charging it this morning with the USB, going through the manual. My Windows laptop recognized it and updated, and then the charging started. Will need to update my app from the V.

Very first impressions:
  • Not as large as I had thought it would be.
  • Very solid feeling, very nice finish.
  • Still quite minimalist, which I like a lot in art but a lot less in devices. The oled screen is very small, but a welcome addition.
  • Really approve of the usb type C connection. Have come to really appreciate this upgrade to devices. More robust, and no alignment issues.
  • Bottom tripod metal thread mount very welcome.
Hope to get some dumb shots over the weekend, probably put them on drop box fro Forums access, and will try to post here (although I have a miserable time posting stuff online).

Too bad it's Mother's Day weekend. Always puts a kink in my rope. FWIW, my wife and her mother and grandmother didn't care much for it either. One more reason I love her.
05-11-2019, 06:27 AM   #108
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Happy (birth+1)day! Enjoy your new toy!
05-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Happy (birth+1)day! Enjoy your new toy!
Thanks. I am quite glad to get it. I have a shoot next week of a museum event, and it would be great to use it in conjunction with the other shots I have to take, so I actually am a bit put out about tomorrow---need time to figure some things out with the thing.

05-11-2019, 06:55 AM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
All good things come in april...... K-1 in april 2016......magic month
Couldn't agree more. I came in April.

05-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #111
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Happened to be my birthday, as a sidebar.

Came with 58% charge. Charging it this morning with the USB, going through the manual. My Windows laptop recognized it and updated, and then the charging started. Will need to update my app from the V.

Very first impressions:
  • Not as large as I had thought it would be.
  • Very solid feeling, very nice finish.
  • Still quite minimalist, which I like a lot in art but a lot less in devices. The oled screen is very small, but a welcome addition.
  • Really approve of the usb type C connection. Have come to really appreciate this upgrade to devices. More robust, and no alignment issues.
  • Bottom tripod metal thread mount very welcome.
Hope to get some dumb shots over the weekend, probably put them on drop box fro Forums access, and will try to post here (although I have a miserable time posting stuff online).

Too bad it's Mother's Day weekend. Always puts a kink in my rope. FWIW, my wife and her mother and grandmother didn't care much for it either. One more reason I love her.
Congratulations on your birthday and Z1 both

I understand why they want to keep the Theta a one-click device, but it would really be nice with some more options to control the settings without the use of an app. A small rocker switch to scroll through menus would go a long way.

But hey, let's not complain over the small things when the Z1 brings big news! Not that I will get one. My S should suffice for the silly things I use it for
05-14-2019, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #112
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just released by Adobe, Camera Raw 11.3, Lightroom 2.3 and Lightroom Classic 8.3 support the Ricoh Theta Z1.

07-02-2019, 10:29 AM   #113
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Notification of firmware update for “RICOH THETA Z1“ camera | RICOH THETA

RICOH THETA App Version Update Information | RICOH THETA
07-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #114
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Is it out already, since I don't see it in shops overhere?

Edit, oh I see some shops have it in store.
07-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #115
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you!
07-08-2019, 04:49 AM   #116
Veteran Member

Is there a new release date? Still can not find Z1 in online stores (except preorders).
07-08-2019, 05:31 AM   #117
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Is there a new release date? Still can not find Z1 in online stores (except preorders).
Already online in Japan

?THETA Z1-group | RICOH IMAGING
07-08-2019, 06:36 AM   #118
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
I got mine from Amazon (probably Adorama...), delivered on May 10.
10-11-2019, 11:32 PM   #119

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/9_-TzthAybJZHjG6z9UO0w

Theta Z1 review.
10-12-2019, 03:39 AM   #120
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nnky Quote
Thank you for the link. A bit of a gadget according to my own taste but I'm happy that Theta cameras enjoy positive reviews: the more they do, the more Ricoh sell Theta cameras; the more they do, the more the Theta business earns money and the more it does, the more money Smart Vision can spend in R&D and marketing for the Pentax business.