Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2019, 04:37 PM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
I'm interested in the first picture to be seen from with an gothic church. The Theta S fails there because of the details, but it is not a fault of the camera, it's according to the possible resolution.
Isn't resolution an aspect of the camera?? Did you mean to say "it is not a fault of the concept" or some such thing?

02-25-2019, 09:25 PM   #62
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
- Supports RAW file format
This will be the ultimate 360 camera, but that is quite a steep price point. Awesome to see Ricoh being bold with the new Theta. Really impressive stuff!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-26-2019, 12:08 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That TS-2 can also hold your sunglasses.
Actually, I keep my Theta S in my wife's old sunglasses hard case. Fits perfectly and keeps it safe.

Wim

02-26-2019, 01:29 AM   #64
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Actually, I keep my Theta S in my wife's old sunglasses hard case. Fits perfectly and keeps it safe.

Wim
And probably cheaper then this TS-2

02-26-2019, 12:23 PM - 3 Likes   #65

This is EXACTLY where I was hoping Ricoh would take the theta. The bump up to 1" sensors will almost certainly have this cam punching far above it's price point. From where I'm sitting it looks like the best 360 cam under $2,500. On top of that, this is probably the smartest camera outside of a smartphone.
02-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by winkalman Quote
This is EXACTLY where I was hoping Ricoh would take the theta. The bump up to 1" sensors will almost certainly have this cam punching far above it's price point. From where I'm sitting it looks like the best 360 cam under $2,500. On top of that, this is probably the smartest camera outside of a smartphone.
Fully agreed!
02-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by winkalman Quote

I hope so too, but I'll wait until my first test shots within a gothic church and the resolution of this camera.

02-26-2019, 05:38 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I really can't keep buying cameras... but I've always wanted to get a Theta... super tempting.
02-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Awesome. I wish I had one of these when I visited the Sistine Chapel....
02-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Awesome. I wish I had one of these when I visited the Sistine Chapel....
No point, surely, as they don't let you take pictures in there...
02-28-2019, 02:54 PM - 3 Likes   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by h4yn0nnym0u5e Quote
Thats correct - it is not allowed there -, but a most of them would not recognize a Theta as a camera
02-28-2019, 03:39 PM - 2 Likes   #72
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by h4yn0nnym0u5e Quote
I know, but one sneaky shot to get the whole shebang would be hard to police
03-01-2019, 03:41 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Isn't resolution an aspect of the camera?? Did you mean to say "it is not a fault of the concept" or some such thing?
Sorry for replying late reh321.

That's true. But if you look at the inside of a big church like the Freiburg Minster ( Freiburg Minster - Wikipedia ), a 15 MPix camera can't have enough resolution for the fine detaisl in a 360° panorama.

I was so fascinated from the test fotos I made in normal rooms and outside, that i bought it. But I when i used in the church I find the resolution to low for my purpose.

Therefore I made a fault in believing that the camera would fit my expectations. I could have known it before with a little bit of calculations, that it won't fit that purpose.

I like my Theta S, I think it is one of the best panoramic cameras on the market, except the new one - bigger Sensor, more pixel, more ISO. I hope that stitching is at least as good as the Theta S one - I've tested the other vendors, they failed in quality. And I'll test the new V1 wether it will fit my purpose before buing it.

And I'm using the Theta S in other situations and the camera make great pictures.

I hope you understand that my problem of resolution is not a fault of the concept/camera.
03-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #74
Veteran Member

When can we expect Z1 in the stores?
03-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #75
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Release date: end of March according to Ricoh Imaging.