Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 602 Likes Search this Thread
03-28-2019, 01:43 PM - 2 Likes   #181
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I don't totally understand what you are saying here, but I don't agree with the part that I do understand.

I suppose I should read up on the green button - right now the only thing I use it for is setting exposure when I use an old manual-everything lens ..... little to do what "auto-this and auto-that".

I do use various auto modes - Av, Tv, and TAv. Once I have decided what parameters are important to me, and have assigned values to those parameters, I see no reason to reject help from the processor in setting the other ones; life is too short to do everything yourself - on the rare occasion I do carpentry, I don't start off with a tree.
I was decrying the tendency to polarize people into opposing camps: on one hand the purists who brag of capturing a zig-zagging hummingbird in perfect focus on ISO 50 B&W film with a 6x7 view camera, and on the other hand the unwashed masses of hipster doofuses who need Amazon Alexa to hit the shutter button on the phonecam for them.

You can see this in the post I was responding to: "On the other hand if your main focus is to have the always latest gadget as surrogate for skill and all you care for is technical specs then the camera is pretty much a throw away toy and you won't spend a thought on making it "nicer""

I read that as saying that anyone who's interested in the latest technology isn't a real photographer. My point is there are vast numbers of people who want to hone their skills while embracing technology.

03-28-2019, 02:57 PM - 7 Likes   #182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

First rule of intelligent discourse: Always assume that your interlocutor is intelligent and has something sensible to say even it you have a hard time seeing either one.
03-28-2019, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
IMO, when the camera is in LV mode, it should be 100% electronic, completely silent with access to all camera controls without dropping the mirror
KP can already do this.
03-28-2019, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #184
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
KP can already do this.
I want KP firmware running on my K1.

03-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
KP can already do this.
Can K-1ll do that? (IS it the Accelerator Chip?)
03-28-2019, 06:58 PM - 2 Likes   #186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I want KP firmware running on my K1.
KP firmware runs my KP, the manual lenses make me think compose, compose, the AF lenses are primarily F series, the clients don't care what kind of camera I use, and what kind of lenses are on it. They're all non-profits and pro bono work.
When I shoot manual and the local weekly newspaper uses my images on the cover they're more concerned with not sending a large file. This past Saturday I wore waders for a Special Olympics Polar Plunge in a local lake, not a single remark about equipment. Small town, small county appreciation goes a long way. That's what joy and satisfaction in photography is, no charge on both ends(when retired).
Even Possums are part of our local animal rescue group. Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-28-2019, 11:10 PM   #187
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
Exactly, thanks for the insight, I appreciate am going back to regular discussion.

03-29-2019, 07:41 AM   #188
Pentaxian

k-1 can be set to use electronic shutter in lv... it was in one of the firmware releases i believe.
03-29-2019, 08:43 AM   #189
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Indeed. A recent comparison of the DFA* with the FA:
That K-1 combo looks like it's gonna eat the other one haha
03-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #190
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
First rule of intelligent discourse: Always assume that your interlocutor is intelligent and has something sensible to say even it you have a hard time seeing either one.
I'm stealing this.
06-04-2019, 02:14 PM   #191
Pentaxian

Ceterum censeo, it would be nice for the f/1.4 85 to arrive.
06-04-2019, 02:21 PM - 4 Likes   #192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Ceterum censeo, it would be nice for the f/1.4 85 to arrive.
At a speed of 1mm focal length per week, starting from the k mount, the first 30mm of the lens have been completed, 55mm remain to be done, when engineer will have reached the filter thread they can start posting so leaks on petapixels and pentax rumors.
06-04-2019, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Indeed, the KP Custom was reported upon twice on Facebook, the first time on 19 February 2018

?PENTAX KP?????????????... - ?????? (PENTAX by RICOH IMAGING) | Facebook

and the second time on 13 February 2019

???? ??????Yuzu??????????????????PENTAX... - ?????? (PENTAX by RICOH IMAGING) | Facebook

Both times it was presented as a personal creation from the designer of the Pentax K-30, made for his personal use.

...and no on-board flash any more. Built-in GPS instead?

Indeed.
This beast has low profile turret with sloped armor to deflect projectile and radar return, sure it packs a big punch so the rest duck and take cover !!!
06-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #194

I can't wait for the 85/1.4 it's really THE lens I've been waiting for. That said, as time goes by with Pentax being ultra slow in releasing this. All other competition is both getting cheaper and already have the lenses available. It's a shame. And even then I'm still torn if I should still stick to pentax. I have a dream that they have been hiding a mirrorless unit from us, with state of the art (sony-esque) AF performance.
06-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CNunez Quote
I can't wait for the 85/1.4 it's really THE lens I've been waiting for. That said, as time goes by with Pentax being ultra slow in releasing this. All other competition is both getting cheaper and already have the lenses available. It's a shame. And even then I'm still torn if I should still stick to pentax. I have a dream that they have been hiding a mirrorless unit from us, with state of the art (sony-esque) AF performance.
Life is too short to be waiting, if I were you I'd go and buy the other system. Your dream is nothing but a dream as Pentax aren't getting into the mirrorless market, doesn't bother me I have everything I want and don't even have K1 but could pick one up someday in the future.
Closed Thread