Photos: Gallery | Albums
Announcement of PENTAX 100 YEARS OF HISTORY campaign

Please see:

Announcement of PENTAX 100 YEARS OF HISOTRY campaign?RICOH IMAGING

02-25-2019, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

PENTAX 100 YEARS OF HISOTRY campaign

I wonder how long it will take their English proofreader to fix their spelling issue
{but I'm very glad to see this}
Attached Images

02-25-2019, 07:00 PM - 6 Likes   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
After a lifetime of dealing with badly translated manuals for consumer electronics and IT products, I now have an affection for these kinds of errors.

In the days when you could buy pirated CDs that were sourced from Malaysia, they often came with inside covers that attempted to transcribe the song lyrics. Fantastic.
02-25-2019, 07:25 PM - 4 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Our conviction is to continue to manufacture products that provide the fun of photography and the joy of using cameras, and to grow the family of PENTAX fans.” :cool”

02-25-2019, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
After a lifetime of dealing with badly translated manuals for consumer electronics and IT products, I now have an affection for these kinds of errors.

In the days when you could buy pirated CDs that were sourced from Malaysia, they often came with inside covers that attempted to transcribe the song lyrics. Fantastic.
Our first year of marriage, we had a "dining fly" {a tent-like cover for picnic table} made in Taiwan; the first time we assembled it, we were confused by the instruction to "tie the flame ties". What flame??
Later, I commented to my wife that the entire thing would be more stable if I tied these things hanging down around the aluminum frame. FRAME TIES!!
02-25-2019, 07:36 PM - 4 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

It doesn't say "Petax". That's a win in my book.
02-25-2019, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
It doesn't say "Petax". That's a win in my book.
JPT explained when we see ‘Petax’ it is caused by a problem with machine translation of a Japanese idiom into English.

* gg,

02-25-2019, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #8
Forum Member

Does the logo mean that there will be official merchandise? That would be nice, also I hope the commemorative events are in more than a few cities. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tokyo, London, New York City, and Los Angeles only.
02-25-2019, 07:57 PM - 7 Likes   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Our first year of marriage, we had a "dining fly" {a tent-like cover for picnic table} made in Taiwan; the first time we assembled it, we were confused by the instruction to "tie the flame ties". What flame??
Later, I commented to my wife that the entire thing would be more stable if I tied these things hanging down around the aluminum frame. FRAME TIES!!
You also panicked at the restaurant where you were offered Flied Lice!

My mother was Filipino and malapropisms from attempting a second language was always a possibility.
02-26-2019, 02:33 AM - 3 Likes   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I wonder how long it will take their English proofreader to fix their spelling issue
{but I'm very glad to see this}
it's perfectly reasonable for a camera company to write HISOTRY.
02-26-2019, 04:23 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Veteran Member

At least it will trigger some welcome newsflow
02-26-2019, 04:45 AM - 1 Like   #12
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Copying something foreign has its pitfalls. I was given a little pocket diary once that had the papers inside front cover decorated with a basic map of Australia. It had Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, etc marked. Next to Tasmania it had "CHICKEN FEED".

(No offence intended to our Tasmanian brethren.)
02-26-2019, 05:15 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
JPT explained when we see ‘Petax’ it is caused by a problem with machine translation of a Japanese idiom into English.

* gg,
I often curse software auto correction functions that change my correct to erroneous writing. You may not trust your computer software and you should always do some QA.

Last edited by acoufap; 02-26-2019 at 05:21 AM.
02-26-2019, 06:39 AM - 3 Likes   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Typos notwithstanding, I like the announcement.

In a few words, Ricoh thanks all the customers of the Pentax brand (hey, that's me!), while respectfully acknowledging their predecessors and giving a nod to Japan's photographic industry. They set an outlook for the future -- fun of photography and joy of using cameras -- and give a hint of the upcoming anniversary year. The announcement outlines a brief history of the Pentax brand, which itself dates back by name more than 60 years.

The anniversary logo is simple yet bold and assertive, with the '100' style being familiar to many who have used Pentax film cameras from the K- and M- lines.

Ricoh seems proud of the Pentax heritage, and I'm hoping their celebrations through 2019-2020 bring further recognition to the brand.

Last edited by c.a.m; 02-26-2019 at 07:00 AM.
02-26-2019, 08:45 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow...they still can't get their proofreading right...

PENTAX | Brand | RICOH IMAGING

"From 2019 to 2020, we will organize a series of celebrative events, while launching a selection fo commerative goods."

selection OF COMMEMORATIVE