Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2019, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. What model is the Pentax 100 ? Do we have the specs of that new model?

02-26-2019, 08:52 AM - 4 Likes   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. What model is the Pentax 100 ? Do we have the specs of that new model?
It has an aps-h sensor.
02-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Wow...they still can't get their proofreading right...

PENTAX | Brand | RICOH IMAGING

"From 2019 to 2020, we will organize a series of celebrative events, while launching a selection fo commerative goods."

selection OF COMMEMORATIVE
As I said in another thread, this feels like something they rushed out the door, even though they've known for months the date of CP+.
I'll give them an "A+" for effort, and hope they can fix these things over time.
02-26-2019, 10:17 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
As I said in another thread, this feels like something they rushed out the door, even though they've known for months the date of CP+.
I'll give them an "A+" for effort, and hope they can fix these things over time.
The original typo(s) are still there...so an entire 24hour or more period of time has passed and has not been fixed.

This is extremely poor reflection in 2019 for something like this to have not been fixed.

I am amazed its not fixed.

02-26-2019, 10:23 AM - 3 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

It's 2:30 in the morning in Japan...

Last edited by Mistral75; 02-26-2019 at 10:30 AM.
02-26-2019, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

I'm not. The DFA*50 announcement page had a BIG graphic that boldly displayed the name "PETAX". It remained that
way for days, (weeks?).

IMO, text block typos of common words are much, mcuh, mhuc, much less critical than a typo of your brand name in
a big splash graphic.
02-26-2019, 10:38 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It's 2 in the morning in Japan...
Mew Jersey is 14 hours behind Tokyo when on Standard Time.
  • At 8:00am Tokyo it is 06:00pm New Jersey the day before
  • At 5:00pm Tokyo it is 03:00am New Jersey the day before
When are they supposed to fix it, assuming RIAC even noticed, and how are we to know this isn’t caused by a fault in the translation algorithm like what causes ‘Penta’?

02-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
I'm not. The DFA*50 announcement page had a BIG graphic that boldly displayed the name "PETAX". It remained that
way for days, (weeks?).

IMO, text block typos of common words are much, mcuh, mhuc, much less critical than a typo of your brand name in
a big splash graphic.
True...but...as someone that does a TON of this sort of thing, text typos are the easiest and quickest to fix. There are a ton of steps that should catch things like this, and it shows that there are few people actually doing the work at Ricoh.

02-26-2019, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

There has been such a dearth of Pentax news in the past few months that I am grateful and thrilled for anything they will share with us.
02-26-2019, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I guess typos can creep in anywhere. Or, was this intentional, tongue-in-cheek?
02-26-2019, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

There are a ton of steps that should catch things like this, and it shows that there are few people actually doing the work at Ricoh.
No argument there. Even accepting the low regard typically afforded to proof readers and their role in the chain, it only takes a few minutes
for a person of authority to wave their eyes over the final draft to say "Petax? NO!"

Surely they can find ONE proof reader in Japan, fluent in English and yet still willing to accept the low status and low pay of a proof reader?
Hardly a budget buster. A dozen Theta Z1 sales should cover it
02-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
It's 2:30 in the morning in Japan...
No argument there. Even accepting the low regard typically afforded to proof readers and their role in the chain, it only takes a few minutes
for a person of authority to wave their eyes over the final draft to say "Petax? NO!"

Surely they can find ONE proof reader in Japan, fluent in English and yet still willing to accept the low status and low pay of a proof reader?
Hardly a budget buster. A dozen Theta Z1 sales should cover it
Again, this has happened before. JPT (Tokyo resident) pointed out this is a problem with translation of the kanji and kana characters that make up the Japanese idiogram for Pentax. It is sort of out of their control.
02-26-2019, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Again, this has happened before. JPT (Tokyo resident) pointed out this is a problem with translation of the kanji and kana characters that make up the Japanese idiogram for Pentax. It is sort of out of their control.
I understand the root of the problem, which is why I suggested someone fluent in English to review the final, 'corrected'
copy. The quirks of the automated translation may be out of their control, but surely their is a way to catch the quirks
before publication that is in their control.
02-26-2019, 11:49 AM - 3 Likes   #29
Veteran Member

...their is a way...
Im shure they're defiantly is!
02-26-2019, 11:49 AM - 9 Likes   #30

As Ricoh/Pentax has made many announces recently, now we have to complain about typos in their non native language.

Dear Lord.