Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
This happens with all cameras. The D700 is first released in Japan. Then Nikon is feeding the international market with a subsequent drop in delivery and sales at home. Wait and see the long terms sales numbers.
We'll see, but I doubt that the case here. A quick check of the stores selling the D700 in Japan:
‰¿Ši.com - ƒjƒRƒ“ D700 ƒŒƒ“ƒYƒLƒbƒg ‰¿Ši”äŠr
25 out of 38 stores listed has the D700 in stock and ready to ship. 8 would ship within 5-10 business days. The rest list it as phone-in for stock level. So it looks like there is plenty of stock in Japan right now.

10-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zntgrg Quote
So a K200d for every 4 D60...not really bad figures, being Pentax a smaller company producing smaller quantities too: it's like saying selling a Subaru every 4 Wolkswagen...and a K20D every two D300 is even better!

yes but this is japan where Pentax has a greater presence
in north america / europe, i would imagine the disparity would be a lot greater
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Makes interesting reading. But figures do vary from country to country.

The D3 in the UK is selling well, with a number of Pro photographers selling their Canon Kit and going over. For example, leading nature photographer - Andy Rouse - got rid of his Canon kit, partially due to the issues with the EOS 1D mk3, but also the superior quality of the Nikon. Another, a friend of mine, who is a Magnum Photographer, also got rid of the Canon (EOS 1D Mk2) and went to the D3. He has also stated that a number of fellow pros (mainly photo journalists) have crossed over. So UK sales of the D3 are very healthy.

Now to more important things, the K20D, here in Manchester, the K20D is still hard to get hold of (although a certain store beginning with J does have one at way over the price everyone else sell it at), and they have to be ordered accordingly. Any K20D that goes on the shelves goes withing days. So if this is replicated across the UK, then you have a healthy demand for it. I know it is not scientific, but it does show the popularity, even in these credit crunch times.
10-02-2008, 11:47 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
yes but this is japan where Pentax has a greater presence
in north america / europe, i would imagine the disparity would be a lot greater
Good point, assumption needs to be check however.