Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 136 Likes Search this Thread
03-07-2019, 10:56 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
You are a bit early for April Fool's
I'm afraid no precise date was given. Model registrations, patents,.. shall be monitored.

03-07-2019, 01:21 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Personally, I'm waiting for the invisible lenses.
And I'm waiting for the free lenses!
03-07-2019, 02:03 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pedrodelta Quote
And I'm waiting for the free lenses!
Oh, I have those already....
03-07-2019, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
I think it's only a pre-announcement of an upcoming April Fool's release announcement that may or may not happen in 2019.
...or later.

03-08-2019, 08:40 AM - 1 Like   #80
Pentaxian

This very innovative move from Pentax opens up for the next step: the lens that not only converts "colours" to "BW" but also evens out the difference in luminance, resulting in a uniformly grey picture. Goodbye blur and abberations, the pictures will be technically perfect! The pixel peeper's dream!

Kjell
03-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #81
Pentaxian

No news, no rumor in Pentax land, where is the fun?
03-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #82
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm waiting for Asahiman and Ooku to leak specs of these B&W lenses.

I sure hope that Adam asked a Ricoh exec about them at CP+.

03-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
ut also evens out the difference in luminance
No kidding. That already exist! Tiffen made contrast reduction filters that reduce the dynamic range of light falling on the camera sensor, the Tiffen filters were available with different contrast compression and use for video recording: basically the filter diffuses highlights into shadows, the shadows are raised before the light falls onto the camera sensor.

---------- Post added 08-03-19 at 21:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
I realized how much gear addicts and bad photographers we are when I saw that lack of new cameras/lens lead to strong drop of activity on Pentax forum. We have state of the art cameras but we'r hanging on the next new model releases, a clear sign (and for me a dissapointement) that we care more about equipment than the image making process itself. When I realize that people care only about gear, I feel like I should find another forum.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 03-08-2019 at 01:51 PM.
03-08-2019, 02:30 PM   #84
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Biz, I guess you should get something for this post as a public service.
Pentaxians must need SOMETHING to talk about... or we are just wired differently.
Heck, you got 6 pages of replies, and the "CP+ 2019 - New lens roadmap" has been up longer and also has 6 pages of replies.
What is wrong with us?
Eric
03-08-2019, 03:18 PM   #85
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote

What is wrong with us?

Eric
There's so much hand wringing and neuroticism in the camera industry at the moment that this kind of thread is a tonic for the soul.

Very PF, a reason I come back to this website.
03-08-2019, 04:48 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Fun? How about taking pictures with all the awesome Pentax equipment now out there?
03-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #87
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I'm afraid no precise date was given. Model registrations, patents,.. shall be monitored.
I hope your name isn't going to become rumor-engineer after this.
03-09-2019, 11:41 PM - 1 Like   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I hope your name isn't going to become rumor-engineer after this.
The rumor mill needs engineers to keep up with the maintenance so it can keep up with the rate of rumors! He's doing a service.
03-10-2019, 11:33 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
No kidding. That already exist! Tiffen made contrast reduction filters that reduce the dynamic range of light falling on the camera sensor, the Tiffen filters were available with different contrast compression and use for video recording: basically the filter diffuses highlights into shadows, the shadows are raised before the light falls onto the camera sensor.

---------- Post added 08-03-19 at 21:51 ----------

I realized how much gear addicts and bad photographers we are when I saw that lack of new cameras/lens lead to strong drop of activity on Pentax forum. We have state of the art cameras but we'r hanging on the next new model releases, a clear sign (and for me a dissapointement) that we care more about equipment than the image making process itself. When I realize that people care only about gear, I feel like I should find another forum.
This forum section is named news and rumors. There are sections to discuss everything else.
03-10-2019, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
This very innovative move from Pentax opens up for the next step: the lens that not only converts "colours" to "BW" but also evens out the difference in luminance, resulting in a uniformly grey picture. Goodbye blur and abberations, the pictures will be technically perfect! The pixel peeper's dream!

Kjell
The modern digital equivalent to the famed SHARPITALL or SHARPTOL developer which corrected out of focus B&W negatives during development.