Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 136 Likes Search this Thread
03-05-2019, 11:12 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now that they’ve solved the physics of light they can move on to a tiny cold fusion energy pack. No more KP criticisms.

03-05-2019, 11:15 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

How disappointing. From your subject I anticipated a series of zebra striped, knurled ring lenses. Who needs technology?
We all know the big bucks are in rehashed retro designs.

Seriously, a zebra striped DA20-40 would be the coolest lens on the market available from any manufacturer.
03-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Personally, I'm waiting for the invisible lenses.
I see what you mean, indeed very light weight and Xtremly compact

Did you say retrofocus?: the focus point goes behind the lens, behind the camera or even behind the back of the photographer sometimes?
03-05-2019, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Any newsflow is welcome, any...

03-05-2019, 11:22 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
they can move on to a tiny cold fusion energy pack.
Again an idea of engineers. Ricoh Imaging marketing would oppose the idea because the cold fusion energy pack would kill of the market for battery grips!

---------- Post added 05-03-19 at 19:23 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Black & white lenses
Frankly speaking, can it be done? De-saturation glass filter?
03-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #21
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
According to unverified sources
Are these unverified or anonymous?
Could we please know the source, because this is silly.
03-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Are these unverified or anonymous?Could we please know the source, because this is silly.
This question is often asked because forum members may want to know how much of the truth is in the rumor. As you all know, there are the good rumors and the bad rHumor.

03-05-2019, 11:50 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

According to unverified sources,
Could you re-read the translation and see if there is a FF K-70 lurking in there?
03-05-2019, 11:54 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

More reasonably, why announce something just after CP+?, it makes no sense.
03-05-2019, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Could you re-read the translation and see if there is a FF K-70 lurking in there?
Usual request is for a "digital K1000"
03-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Amazing!

If Ricoh has found a way to convert red, green, and blue photons in to "white" photons, they are wasting their new invention on lens making!
Leica AG has done this by having the sensor record in monochrome:

QuoteQuote:
Leica M Monochrom – the sharpest way to see things in black and white: thanks to a high-resolution 24-megapixel sensor that captures images in 35 mm full-frame format – with three times the speed of its predecessor. As the sensor records only luminance values, this leads to 100% sharper pictures with an exceptional depth, clarity and resolution of details that by far exceed those of colour exposures – even when shooting with the highest ISO sensitivity settings. Pictures that already satisfy professional demands in JPEG format.
03-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #27
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

This question is often asked because forum members may want to know how much of the truth is in the rumor. As you all know, there are the good rumors and the bad rHumor.
"Speculative threads belong elsewhere! As a reminder, our News and Rumors forum is only for the discussion of confirmed Pentax or Pentax-related news as well as credible rumors."

Read more at: Speculative threads belong elsewhere! - PentaxForums.com
03-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
"Speculative threads belong elsewhere! As a reminder, our News and Rumors forum is only for the discussion of confirmed Pentax or Pentax-related news as well as credible rumors."
For me it is credible. I've seen shops selling color filters, so why not black and white filter? Stacking 3 RGB filters on top of each other, would that work?
03-05-2019, 12:17 PM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm going to suggest something insane. I just thought of all this. It started with the previous "digital K1000" mention in this thread. I figured, you know, if the Leica M 240 can exist at the size it does, why not a digital K1000 or LX or whatever fabled manual focus film camera? I go look up dimensions of the LX and the M 240 and I see the Leica is slightly small in all dimensions by a few millimeters each way. And I see that it has a screen on the back. And it's manual focus.

What if the new camera really is a digital LX replacement, only this time it offers autofocus *as long as the AF lens has a built-in motor*? I would want an uncrippled k-mount and an optional split-prism focusing screen, but what if Ricoh used this time as a chance to move away from screw mount AF in the body with a camera that is 1 step into the past while being 1 step towards the future?

Thoughts? Is kenspo still around to harass?
03-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #30
Veteran Member

I see what you mean, indeed very light weight and Xtremly compact

Did you say retrofocus?: the focus point goes behind the lens, behind the camera or even behind the back of the photographer sometimes?
No, but I am working on a camera with a built in flux capacitor.