Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2019, 05:56 PM - 2 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I would say more about the "joy" parts, but I can't think of what to say without creating issues.
Joy???? Just go out and shoot....that's the joy and we all should experience that when we shoot. No need to think of what to say. If someone isn't experiencing that then they need to find something else to do.

03-14-2019, 06:02 PM - 2 Likes   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Joy???? Just go out and shoot....that's the joy and we all should experience that when we shoot. No need to think of what to say. If someone isn't experiencing that then they need to find something else to do.
Different aspects of photography give joy to different people - and Pentax has clearly aimed at the group that includes me. That is all I'm going to say, but it gives me new understanding of some of the discussions here.
03-14-2019, 06:21 PM - 6 Likes   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I love the joy parts. They could be aiming their entire philosophy right at me.
I feel what is coming . . . . . .

QuoteQuote:
On the other hand, we also know that the SLR cameras have tremendous value in terms of enjoying (the act of) photography.

I think it would be good if in the future PENTAX would be the brand through which we could communicate the sheer joy of taking pictures by enhancing services as well as the impression given to more discerning customers with the idea that photography is a great pleasure.
QuoteQuote:
we think that extending services to increase the joy of taking photos or services to allow our customers to use products with confidence has become very important.
QuoteQuote:
we also want to be a brand that will allow our cameras to be enjoyed for a long time, so we have been offering the K-1 upgrade service, firmware upgrades. We would like to provide services for users to use our products long term and we would like to continue doing such things in the future.
QuoteQuote:
I think that the role of DSLR is shifting to be more emphatically a device to enjoy photography from a device simply for taking pictures. Unlike mirrorless, DSLRs continue to give value to users who want a more direct and intuitive experience from a device that allows users to feel the light and enjoy photo shooting.
QuoteQuote:
Regarding the quality of Pentax cameras, SLRs, and the joy of taking photographs using them, we will, working together with all of you, keep producing quality cameras, provide all of you with good service, and create an exemplary Pentax. We look forward to your continuing patronage.
Just Hold A Pentax https://www.shutterbug.com/content/classic-camerasbrjust-hold-pentax

QuoteQuote:
Just hold a Pentax.

That was the slogan, 30 and more years ago--and very clever it was. The light, svelte, elegant SV (also sold as the H3V) was so lovely that if you did hold one, you wanted it. Next to its main rival, the Nikon F, it looked like a ballet dancer beside a boxer; and it handled closer to a reflex Leica than Leica's own reflexes (remember the original monster Leicaflex?).

<snip>

They are lovely cameras, and quite honestly, if I were just taking pictures for fun, I'd rather have one of these . . . . than any all-singing, all-dancing,battery dependent electronic wonder.

And just for good measure he shot a subtle burn at the Flagship NOW! people:

QuoteQuote:
There were a lot of very good responses from users who actually purchased a PENTAX KP. I feel very positive about that. Not only the K series user who wants a compact SLR, but also users who switched to mirrorless because of its portability only to once again recognize the merit of optical viewfinders and purchase the PENTAX KP. There are many such cases.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-14-2019 at 09:09 PM.
03-14-2019, 08:37 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Adam interviewed a different Ricoh representative and presented questions collated from forum members. I wasn't especially impressed with the answers to those questions, but that's not Adam's fault. With respect, it seems a little ungrateful to suggest he didn't do his homework

Anyway, let's stay on the topic of the OP's post, please
Adam asked the right questions, RICOH kept it close to the vest......

03-15-2019, 12:19 AM - 1 Like   #50
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Joy. I'm all for it. Hence Pentax.
03-15-2019, 01:02 AM - 2 Likes   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect that those of us - and that's most Pentaxians - who started with nice simple film cameras of the M sort look back nostalgically to those days - I really love the K-1 but I only use a fraction of its capabilities because for me the pleasure of photography is in not fussing with settings all the time but getting involved with what you're photographing.

Last edited by ffking; 03-17-2019 at 11:55 PM.
03-15-2019, 01:07 AM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Incidentaly, a 24mm would meant the 24-70m bracket as cluttered with top primes - two stars and 3 limiteds - a very nice situation

Theoretically, I'd be more interested in going wider - a 20 or 21 as I don't have anyting covering that, but not sure I need it either...

03-15-2019, 01:22 AM - 2 Likes   #53
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Theoretically, I'd be more interested in going wider - a 20 or 21 as I don't have anyting covering that, but not sure I need it either...
And that's the crux. 24mm (along with 35, 50 and 85) is a core focal length. 20-ish just isn't, and it's already capably covered at f/2.8 by an existing lens.
03-15-2019, 02:35 AM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by caliscouser Quote
the Chinese??

No.....
03-15-2019, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do read this as a bit discouraging. I guess 70-200 f4 later this year and DFA *85 end of this year or beginning of next. That's probably it for lenses then till next year.

Probably at least one camera body this year -- K3 II sequel towards the end of the year maybe? Not much else on the horizon unless they decide to do some work on the 645 system.

On the bright side, I'm pretty happy with my gear and don't really need anything right now.
03-15-2019, 04:22 AM   #56
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
On the bright side, I'm pretty happy with my gear and don't really need anything right now.
I'm totally freakin' delighted with my gear right now. Anyone who wants what I don't currently need, drop me a PM
03-15-2019, 04:36 AM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I do read this as a bit discouraging. I guess 70-200 f4 later this year and DFA *85 end of this year or beginning of next. That's probably it for lenses then till next year.

Probably at least one camera body this year -- K3 II sequel towards the end of the year maybe? Not much else on the horizon unless they decide to do some work on the 645 system.

Personally, I am completely delighted with my camera bag. One KP, with 10-20mm, 18-135mm, 55-300mm - every focal length I 'need' covered competently at least once and at a price within my budget. If you have a lens you don't need, send it to @Sandy Hancock or @Rondec - there is no room in my camera bag for anything more.
03-15-2019, 04:44 AM - 2 Likes   #58
Pentaxian

Ditto.

However, lugging huge lenses takes some of the joy away... They made something special with their 18-135, 16-85 and 28-105, and with all those FA/DA Limited, let's hope they don't forget that.
03-15-2019, 04:59 AM   #59
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
lugging huge lenses takes some of the joy away...
Until you see the images they produce. But I do love the little ones too.
03-15-2019, 05:00 AM - 3 Likes   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
lugging huge lenses takes some of the joy away... They made something special with their 18-135, 16-85 and 28-105, and with all those FA/DA Limited, let's hope they don't forget that.
Personally, I am joyful that they decided to introduce KAF4 and PLM using 55-300 - that was a wonderful replacement in my bag; if they had made it f/1.4 instead of f/4.5-6.3, it would have fit in neither my budget nor my bag {anyone who did purchase it would have needed a golf cart to lug it around } so I would never have seen the images it could produce