Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2019, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
GRIII camera manual now available

The camera manual for the GRIII is now available from Ricoh.

Attached Images

03-16-2019, 03:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool , thanks for sharing.
03-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As far as I understand GRIII is positioned as a street camera first. But for the street camera not having an articulated screen nowadays looks like a disadvantage.
03-16-2019, 12:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
But for the street camera not having an articulated screen nowadays looks like a disadvantage.
Huh? Nothing could be less use than adding a lot of bulk and weight for the sake of a flashy flappy screen.

OP: thanks for the link...gives me something to do while I wait for UPS to get their act together and send the shipment from Germany!

03-16-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
Huh? Nothing could be less use than adding a lot of bulk and weight for the sake of a flashy flappy screen.
I see it differently.
03-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I see it differently.
You've clearly never used a GR. The very essence of it is that it is a pocket camera with the exclusive aim of being a high quality snap-shooter. A flappy screen goes completely against that. Watch the GR concept video on Ricoh's youtube channel and you might understand the philosophy of the camera a little better.
03-16-2019, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #7
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

You've clearly never used a GR. The very essence of it is that it is a pocket camera with the exclusive aim of being a high quality snap-shooter. A flappy screen goes completely against that. Watch the GR concept video on Ricoh's youtube channel and you might understand the philosophy of the camera a little better.
This is a question of use - not of philosophy. With my KP, I lower the LCD, then can discretely photograph people, who cannot see the screen {hidden by the camera body} and then {hopefully} will think I'm fiddling with controls on the camera. "Discrete" is the key idea here - definitely not "flashy".
03-16-2019, 01:26 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Indeed. But I used K-01 and q7 for the street. I know what I want. And you know what you want. Fine, there is no room for discussion.

03-16-2019, 01:29 PM   #9
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Indeed. But I used K-01 and q7 for the street. I know what I want. And you know what you want. Fine, there is no room for discussion.
I really wish my Q-7 had a tilting screen.
At one time I had a mirror that attached to the back and gave an upside-down equivalent, but I was never happy with it, so I tossed that cheap thing when it came unglued.