Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2020, 06:22 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
I might revisit focus stacking with baked goods and document my results.
yes please

01-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Particularly software reviews / tutorials, but any blog post on something interesting or helpful that's Pentax-related would also be welcome.
I would thoroughly love reading some of the latest on working with Pixel-Shift files, particularly dynamic hand-held PS raw files and the software that treats them best. I'm also interested in HDR raw file stacks (the three-raw-file-thick DNG files created by the K-1 specifically) and any software that plays nicely with those.
07-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #48
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We are now once again looking for moderators. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-03-2020, 07:39 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My best wishes to anyone willing to step up. I ran my own hobby site for a long time and I know how much dedication and effort this can take. Thank you all for making this place what it is.

07-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Obviously I see the relation with Adam's post about decency on the forums.
Just out of curiosity; as a new member, is the workload increasing? Does it wear the current moderators out, is there much turnover?
New demands for the job?

Cheers, Gerard

PS as said, just curious, this is not an application
07-30-2020, 05:13 PM   #51

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
As our community continues to grow and evolve, we're looking for additional users to help out with homepage content. The possible areas are listed below:

Homepage Writer

You may contribute one or more of the following:

• blog posts, articles, tutorials, or mini gear reviews on the forum homepage (open to topics of your choice, no time-specific assignments)
  • announcements of deals, site events, etc.
  • editing / proofreading of existing content
  • possibility of free loaner equipment (US only) and paid in-depth reviews
Update as of July, 2020 We are still looking for additional homepage writers on an ongoing basis. We are also looking for two new forum moderators (one is a US timezone and one in a non-US timezone).

Homepage writers are volunteers and are generally unpaid. Homepage writers will receive Site Supporter status after publishing at least one article. In addition, we will soon start hosting regular giveaways (of cameras, lenses, software, etc.) exclusively for our staff members.

If you're interested in joining the team, please send me a PM.
Hi my name is Kevin and I live in North Carolina and I'm very brand new to this site. But I love Pentax even though I have had Nikon, Canon ,and Leica I always come back to the old Pentax Cameras. In response to your moderator opening oh, I was one of five Global moderators for a Android game called Dogfight, our primary goal was to keep adult from using or for that part teenagers, from using language in a younger setting. We do not tolerate cursing, racial slurs, bigotry or the light. We had the options of deleting players from the game with warnings until we had to permanently ban them. This forum is way different but I believe in forum decorum. Whatever your decision is and especially those who have been here longer is a decision I will of course respect. Regards
07-30-2020, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #52
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by legendofkane Quote
Hi my name is Kevin
Hi Kevin, and welcome.
As stated in the post you quoted, applications should be by PM

08-23-2020, 02:02 AM   #53
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
As an FYI to those who have applied: the 2020 call for moderators is now closed, and the moderators are now in the process of reviewing the applications. Thank you for your patience!

For those interested in joining as homepage writers, you should now have a PM directly from me We remain open to additional applications on an ongoing basis.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-01-2020, 06:41 AM   #54
Forum Member

Very interested in learning more about writing options. Maybe for 2021+
11-02-2020, 09:47 AM   #55
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Its Y I shoot Pentax Quote
Very interested in learning more about writing options. Maybe for 2021+
Happy to hear that! Just shoot me a PM when you feel you'd be ready

Adam

07-26-2022, 04:53 PM   #56
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I am un-sticking this thread as a new thread will soon be posted as a replacement.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/444659-call-forum-moderators.html

Adam

Last edited by Adam; 07-26-2022 at 04:59 PM.
Closed Thread