10-24-2019, 03:33 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ouch. Did it recover succesfully?

10-24-2019, 03:43 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Okay, you definitely have to write that article with your observations.

On topic, I would offer to write (I like writing when it's not scientific stuff for work please deliver me from this paper!) but between being a total novice and living in Europe (so no loaners, obviously) I'm not sure what I could give back to the community...
10-25-2019, 06:00 AM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
I can write a story or two about using Pentax stuff in harsh out-of-spec conditions. I have for example an unpublished photo series of using KP in Finnish Lapland. It has waited processing for almost 2 years.

Teaser image!
I dont think you can use your camera in your pic already as the ice totally covered the front of your lens
10-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #34
Veteran Member

No worries, the KP recovered successfully. The key is just to allow it to warm up in airtight container. The lens in the picture is 35mm macro ltd which has the lens hood full of snow instead of ice. It happened as the pivot mechanism of my Faber snowshoe broke at the end of the day and I tumbled down in the snow while tripod (and the camera) ended up against a nearby hoarfrost covered tree.

10-25-2019, 09:30 AM   #35
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

No worries, the KP recovered successfully. The key is just to allow it to warm up in airtight container. The lens in the picture is 35mm macro ltd which has the lens hood full of snow instead of ice. It happened as the pivot mechanism of my Faber snowshoe broke at the end of the day and I tumbled down in the snow while tripod (and the camera) ended up against a nearby hoarfrost covered tree.
"Don't try this at home, kids!"
10-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #36
Forum Member

I totally lagged on the opportunity to assist. I guess thats what happens when I try to ween myself off the interwebs.
10-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
"Don't try this at home, kids!"
I'm glad to hear that you were able to resuscitate your camera. I always get a little nervous when I bring a camera in from the cold and everything fogs up, but your airtight container would help with that.

Regarding the point of this thread, the only available openings are for homepage writers. I don't know; does anybody really want to know how I used focus stacking to photograph a plate of brownies last night?

11-17-2019, 01:09 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ecostigny Quote
I'm glad to hear that you were able to resuscitate your camera. I always get a little nervous when I bring a camera in from the cold and everything fogs up, but your airtight container would help with that.

Regarding the point of this thread, the only available openings are for homepage writers. I don't know; does anybody really want to know how I used focus stacking to photograph a plate of brownies last night?
Yup if it's real focus stacking on a rail
11-17-2019, 01:54 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
does anybody really want to know how I used focus stacking to photograph a plate of brownies last night?

Yes please
11-20-2019, 01:35 AM   #40

I can write a story or two about using Pentax stuff in harsh out-of-spec conditions. I have for example an unpublished photo series of using KP in Finnish Lapland. It has waited processing for almost 2 years.

Teaser image!
Cool
11-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Yup if it's real focus stacking on a rail
Sorry, the camera was just mounted on a tripod with my adjusting focusing on the lens. I do have a rail, though...
01-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What are some of the areas you are looking for content? I would love to write an article.
01-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
What are some of the areas you are looking for content? I would love to write an article.
Particularly software reviews / tutorials, but any blog post on something interesting or helpful that's Pentax-related would also be welcome.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-11-2020, 03:33 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Pentaxian

Well, I might revisit focus stacking with baked goods and document my results.
01-11-2020, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #45
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I might revisit focus stacking with baked goods and document my results.
That's something I'd definitely enjoy reading I've played with focus stacking very briefly - enough to realise just how useful... essential, in fact... it can be, but I never took it any further than a cursory experience. So I'd enjoy learning how it's done properly by someone in the know...
Closed Thread