Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2019, 02:36 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
By the way, since when did asahi man have ZERO likes?
I just fixed that
You just beat me to it. It seems that, if you don’t post for some time, your “likes” start to wither.

03-31-2019, 02:43 AM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edri Quote
Is it possible to give us further clues about the renew APS-C lens?
it might just be the 16-50 f2.8 zoom
03-31-2019, 02:48 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
By the way, since when did asahi man have ZERO likes?
I just fixed that
If you don't log in often enough, do your likes go away? Because if you look back, most of his posts have garnered multiple likes, they just don't show up on his total now.

Anyway, good to hear from him.
03-31-2019, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Ricoh decision was to return the fullframe limiteds and to renew lenses like the 2.0 35.
Sounds like Ricoh Imaging want to revive the Ricoh/Pentax tradition. Not a bad thing these days when all new camera models basically brings nothing more than we already have. I really like the FA limited. The reason why I don't have any is because when I moved to full frame, the image quality was so good that I didn't feel the need to use primes. But, those FA ltd primes have some character, maybe worth to consider in the future. Also for Ricoh it is not a bad idea to capitalize on traditional products that require no R&D. It's interesting in the camera market that almost no camera maker make available again some legendary old glass, some of the old glass have special character that new designs don't have.

03-31-2019, 07:55 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Sounds like Ricoh Imaging want to revive the Ricoh/Pentax tradition.
Oh please be right! A small revival of the optimism when Ricoh took over and the K-1 was announced.
03-31-2019, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Oh please be right! A small revival of the optimism when Ricoh took over and the K-1 was announced.
I have K1, K1II and 6 DFA lenses, anything more would be wasting money, I know it, and at that point I also know that I'm limited by photographic opportunities rather than Pentax equipment (being honest with myself).
So, I don't feel offended if Ricoh aren't releasing more products. Some people may demand more from Ricoh, perhaps they forget to take an honest look at what's limiting their photography.
A renewal of the limited would be a great thing, especially because now every other brand go for large lenses, and it is more true than ever before than no brand other than Pentax offer tiny primes for FF.
03-31-2019, 09:11 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It would be great. I remember reading a comparison between the 31 and a Leica lens (maybe 30 1.4 or 35 1.4). Leica was clearly sharper by quite a bit. The picture produced by the 31 was more pleasant to my eyes. A recent Russian review of the dfa 50mm concluded that it was better than Otus. Wonder if it's possible to have both a better performance and a more pleasant rendition while retaining limited size and look... Probably not, but it's nice to dream

03-31-2019, 10:44 AM   #83
Veteran Member

I only have one ltd which is the 35 macro.
I find it a perfect companion of KP, very good quality with limited weight.
Ltd portfolio as it is today is rather comprehensive and I am not sure I would need any of these, unless new lenses come in line soon
03-31-2019, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #84
Pentaxian

I have K1, K1II and 6 DFA lenses, anything more would be wasting money, I know it, and at that point I also know that I'm limited by photographic opportunities rather than Pentax equipment (being honest with myself).
So, I don't feel offended if Ricoh aren't releasing more products. Some people may demand more from Ricoh, perhaps they forget to take an honest look at what's limiting their photography.
A renewal of the limited would be a great thing, especially because now every other brand go for large lenses, and it is more true than ever before than no brand other than Pentax offer tiny primes for FF.
Pentax is making the most out of the limited lenses. Make a certain number of lenses, sell for great profit. Very nice glass, nice movie, now everyone asks for more limiteds. Additional screw drive designs without weather sealing are not needed. They would be nice to have and I can also come up with ideas, but let's get first things first on the roadmap.

My D-FA lineup misses the long announced 85 as well as a wide angle option that is also on the roadmap. After working with the D-FA*50, I am extremely curious what the 85 can do. I do like my FA77 though. It is still interesting to figure out where Pentax is going. A second D-FA* would mean that they are serious about the f/1.4 line. A "new" FA ltd would send a different sign - or just start confusion. Looking at the roadmap, the large aperture or * wide angle is centerd more on 31 mm range. Not the classic 28/35. ONe lens cover two spots and 31 is a really nice spot. f/2 would be fine and make all of us happy.... in the future.
03-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Ltd portfolio as it is today is rather comprehensive and I am not sure I would need any of these, unless new lenses come in line soon
How can you not need any of these, but need if new lenses come in line soon? I mean, we need or we don't, the need has nothing to do with what's released and what's not.
03-31-2019, 11:52 AM   #86
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How can you not need any of these, but need if new lenses come in line soon? I mean, we need or we don't, the need has nothing to do with what's released and what's not.
What I need, and what I want should never be confused
04-10-2019, 10:50 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Not still running again running since Ricoh kicked the decision to end the fullframe limiteds.
It's not like in USSR times, production is run in batches, not making a new batch today doesn't mean production is ended. Evidence is, to have stock and sell on amazon suppliers must be able to trigger new production batches. The FA limited production may have been on hold as long as there was enough stock , but never ended.
04-14-2019, 08:10 PM   #88

I was just looking at YouTube and came across a short video on making Ricoh limited lenses.

04-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Garry Conway Quote
I was just looking at YouTube and came across a short video on making Ricoh limited lenses.

PENTAX | Limited Lens - until it sees the light - - YouTube
I think that’s the same one that’s on the Ricoh site, as referenced by the OP, but it loads a lot faster on YouTube.
04-15-2019, 02:21 AM   #90
Pentaxian

I finally have some time off work coming up and am looking forward to using my limiteds for the first time in ages. This video has enthused me even more