Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2019, 06:54 PM - 2 Likes   #151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
But you seem not especially respectful of the opinions of those who are disagreeing with yours----especially considering that they are having trouble seeing what you are talking about. You may indeed be correct! But we've not seen the definitive evidence yet.
I've posted the evidence before, not once and not twice. This conversation is a continuation of my conversations with these members from a while back. We do not agree because they don't experience the same issue that I do, and apparently I cannot talk about this issue because I'm somehow lowering the value of the brand. I'm not exaggerating, read the whole thread above (at least last two pages).

I fail to see how I'm considered being disrespectful when I'm bluntly being told that I annoy someone by just talking about my issues (same user that accused me of lying about another issue in another thread, with 0 evidence on his part).

04-22-2019, 08:33 PM   #152
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
I've posted the evidence before, not once and not twice. This conversation is a continuation of my conversations with these members from a while back. We do not agree because they don't experience the same issue that I do, and apparently I cannot talk about this issue because I'm somehow lowering the value of the brand. I'm not exaggerating, read the whole thread above (at least last two pages).

I fail to see how I'm considered being disrespectful when I'm bluntly being told that I annoy someone by just talking about my issues (same user that accused me of lying about another issue in another thread, with 0 evidence on his part).
I will check these other threads.
04-22-2019, 08:43 PM   #153
Pentaxian

Your comments have absolutely no effect on the value of the photos which I have taken over the past four years with my K-30 and KP cameras. My comments are simply a result of my not seeing any 'problems' with the photos I've seen - and have done nothing to affect my opinion of the K-1.

Last edited by reh321; 04-22-2019 at 08:49 PM.
04-22-2019, 08:46 PM   #154
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxfall Quote
Here is detailed article about Shutter shock in Nikon bodiesElectronic Front-Curtain Shutter Explained
Excellent article giving examples of images with/without shutter blur and also offer solutions (enabling EFCS), also listing Pentax K1 and K1 II as having the EFCS feature.

04-22-2019, 08:49 PM   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Your comments have absolutely no effect on the value of the photos which I have taken over the past four years with my K-30 and KP cameras. My comments are simply a result of my not seeing any 'problems' with the photos you have posted on this thread - and have done nothing to affect my opinion of the K-1.
I agree, I have no idea how me, being a fan of Pentax products and using their equipment happily, can affect anything at all in any sort of meaningful way by just mentioning that the particular body I have is not perfect.

I haven't posted any photos in this particular thread, but I have posted the test sequences few times in the past. And I know my gear well enough to know that the issue is not imaginary.

04-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #156
Pentaxian

I agree, I have no idea how me, being a fan of Pentax products and using their equipment happily, can affect anything at all in any sort of meaningful way by just mentioning that the particular body I have is not perfect.

I haven't posted any photos in this particular thread, but I have posted the test sequences few times in the past. And I know my gear well enough to know that the issue is not imaginary.
OK, we know that you aren't satisfied with the images you're getting - but you are the only one I've seen complaints like that from. So???

There is also a thread here by someone who is getting underexposed images from his K-5iis.
Does that mean there is an underexposure issue with K-5 variants that was previously unknown - that all the happy K-5 users were hoodwinked??
04-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #157
Veteran Member

OK, we know that you aren't satisfied with the images you're getting - but you are the only one I've seen complaints like that from. So???

There is also a thread here by someone who is getting underexposed images from his K-5iis.
Does that mean there is an underexposure issue with K-5 variants that was previously unknown - that all the happy K-5 users were hoodwinked??
So let me get this straight. As long as a majority of users do not experience any particular issue, people that do are not welcome to share theirs? Is this how this works?

Edit: to be honest, I see no value of continuing this conversation. Not with just you, but with anyone at all. So respectfully, let's just stop. I'm going to unsub from this thread

Last edited by awscreo; 04-22-2019 at 09:12 PM.
04-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #158
Pentaxian

So let me get this straight. As long as a majority of users do not experience any particular issue, people that do are not welcome to share theirs? Is this how this works?
You can complain as much as you want, but if it is an idiosyncratic 'issue' - specific to you - all people here can say is that it is either your technique or your particular camera, and not a general issue with that camera. Many users have complained about exposure issues with the K-30/50 cameras, and eventually this issue was identified as something that happens with many of these cameras, something with a particular cause common to those cameras - but that doesn't seem to be the case with your issue.
04-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #159
Veteran Member

You can complain as much as you want, but if it is an idiosyncratic 'issue' - specific to you - all people here can say is that it is either your technique or your particular camera, and not a general issue with that camera. Many users have complained about exposure issues with the K-30/50 cameras, and eventually this issue was identified as something that happens with many of these cameras, something with a particular cause common to those cameras - but that doesn't seem to be the case with your issue.
Ugh, I got this before I unsubbed lol. Search the forum for shutter shock, I'm most definitely not the only one with this issue

04-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #160
Pentaxian

Ugh, I got this before I unsubbed lol. Search the forum for shutter shock, I'm most definitely not the only one with this issue
Since I don't have a K-1, I have nothing more to say.
Presumably if there are great numbers of users with that 'issue', they will pipe up and support you, but most of the K-1 users who have posted here at PF and elsewhere have sung its praises.
The best way to collect agreement is to start your own "Shutter Shock" thread in the K-1 section.
04-22-2019, 09:31 PM   #161
Veteran Member

Since I don't have a K-1, I have nothing more to say.
Presumably if there are great numbers of users with that 'issue', they will pipe up and support you, but most of the K-1 users who have posted here at PF and elsewhere have sung its praises.
The best way to collect agreement is to start your own "Shutter Shock" thread in the K-1 section.
Literally the first search result:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/356071-mirror-slap-shutter-shock-k-1-a.html

Google can help too
04-22-2019, 09:35 PM   #162
Pentaxian

Literally the first search result:
Mirror Slap / Shutter Shock on K-1 - PentaxForums.com

Google can help too
I will repeat this one time.

Gather complaints in one thread in the K-1 section.
Nothing else will get any attention.
Trying to convince people in this thread is a waste of electrons.
04-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #163
Veteran Member

I will repeat this one time.

Gather complaints in one thread in the K-1 section.
Nothing else will get any attention.
Trying to convince people in this thread is a waste of electrons.
Dude, I have NOT been trying to attract attention to this issue, this issue has been popping up here and there for over three years. Look who's posting in that thread, same people that crap on me here.

I merely replied to THIS thread saying that I would like the K-1 III to not have shutter shock as one of my wishes, which started this whole conversation once again. And I wasn't trying to catch your, or anyone else's attention, I just replied to a question in this God damn thread. Same as everyone else before this stupid argument started again.

04-22-2019, 09:48 PM   #164
Pentaxian

Dude, I have NOT been trying to attract attention to this issue, this issue has been popping up here and there for over three years. Look who's posting in that thread, same people that crap on me here.

I merely replied to THIS thread saying that I would like the K-1 III to not have shutter shock as one of my wishes, which started this whole conversation once again. And I wasn't trying to catch your, or anyone else's attention, I just replied to a question in this God damn thread. Same as everyone else before this stupid argument started again.
Dude, your wish won't come true unless you get the attention of someone who matters - otherwise you might as well look out the window and wish on the first star of the night, it will be equally effective. No one on the design team is going to make a search on "K-1 shutter shock" unless someone motivates him/her to do so. If a majority of people "crap on you" {another way of saying they don't agree}, then no one is going to see that as a problem. Your only hope of getting attention to this 'problem' is getting a bunch of agreement all in one place. As long as most people seem to be happy with the camera - or want one {look at the response to Adam's drawings last summer} - things are going to remain as they are.
04-22-2019, 09:55 PM   #165
Veteran Member

Dude, your wish won't come true unless you get the attention of someone who matters - otherwise you might as well look out the window and wish on the first star of the night, it will be equally effective. No one on the design team is going to make a search on "K-1 shutter shock" unless someone motivates him/her to do so. If a majority of people "crap on you" {another way of saying they don't agree}, then no one is going to see that as a problem. Your only hope of getting attention to this 'problem' is getting a bunch of agreement all in one place. As long as most people seem to be happy with the camera - or want one {look at the response to Adam's drawings last summer} - things are going to remain as they are.
Isn't this all a wishful thinking exercise on this forum? People make posts like this for fun, I wasn't under an impression that posting my wishes here would affect development of the new camera. I simply replied to this thread with my wishlist, with full understanding that it's basically pointless and I'm just participating in a community activity. Same as people posting under "Firmware wishes", or "What lens do you want next", or "Should Pentax make a mirrorless God damn camera". See what I mean?

And there's only like two people that I have an issue with on this forum since I joined. Well, three now.

Closed Thread