Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #226
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Great! It does matter to me Norm. I'm very glad we've achieved some understanding in this, I was afraid this discussion will go on for years to come
Good and stick with it, the fact that it doesn't matter to me should mean nothing to you. I can see the difference between my 1/15s image and my 1/160 image. the way you're going will have it's rewards , just the same as the way I'm going will have it's rewards. It's not about wrong answers. It's about different results and goals. As long as everyone achieves what they desire, it's all good.

04-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #227
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
No camera is perfect - in most cases, capturing an image involves some kind of compromises. In the Age of Film I used Kodachrome 25 to get finer grain, but that forced me into lower shutter speeds and/or thinner DOF when sun was hidden. I'm guessing 645 or Hasselblad would give more leeway .... but that would require more from your wallet.
I wouldn't imaging carrying those beasts around me to shoot hand-held on the streets. And for tripod work (once again) my K-1 delivers spectacular files. I've never used mf, so I don't know how much more detail I'd be able to resolve vs a PS file out of the K-1.

---------- Post added 04-23-19 at 02:55 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Good and stick with it, the fact that it doesn't matter to me should mean nothing to you. I can see the difference between my 1/15s image and my 1/160 image. the way you're going will have it's rewards , just the same as the way I'm going will have it's rewards. It's not about wrong answers. It's about different results and goals. As long as everyone achieves what they desire, it's all good.
Agreed with that. Each to their own, especially since it's all art and it's all subjective in the end of the day.
04-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #228
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've never used mf, so I don't know how much more detail I'd be able to resolve vs a PS file out of the K-1.
I never get the sharpness I want with pixel shift. I've been considering mf, hoping what prices will drop a bit over the next years.
04-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #229
Pentaxian

Great! It does matter to me Norm. I'm very glad we've achieved some understanding in this, I was afraid this discussion will go on for years to come
I hate it when that happens.

What I do is clarify my thoughts in a note, edit over a couple days, make sure everything is perfectly stated, then save it so next time the topic comes up I'm ready. But it's never been needed, every time I do that the topic never comes up again.

04-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #230
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I guess the Sony, Nikon and Canon camera are all flawed as well, otherwise they wouldn't be adding up EFCS in the user interface.
Perhaps, I don't use those brands and I don't pay attention to them, I can only speak to what I have experience with. It is possible that Sony, Nikon and Canon have added that feature because they can or because it offers some other advantage, such as shorter shutter lag durations, and not because they have a latent vibration problem to correct.

---------- Post added 04-23-19 at 01:48 PM ----------

There is something to be said for the DPR method of limiting threads to 150 posts.......
04-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #231
Pentaxian

I wouldn't imaging carrying those beasts around me to shoot hand-held on the streets.
So a "Speed Graphic" {I believe that was the one with both focal plane and leaf shutters} is out of the question
04-23-2019, 12:49 PM   #232
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Perhaps, I don't use those brands and I don't pay attention to them, I can only speak to what I have experience with. It is possible that Sony, Nikon and Canon have added that feature because they can or because it offers some other advantage, such as shorter shutter lag durations, and not because they have a latent vibration problem to correct.

---------- Post added 04-23-19 at 01:48 PM ----------

There is something to be said for the DPR method of limiting threads to 150 posts.......
Well I think after 150 replies on that forum you can hardly see where it all began lol. I find their forum structure to be rather odd. Maybe I'm just not used to it)

---------- Post added 04-23-19 at 03:50 PM ----------

So a "Speed Graphic" {I believe that was the one with both focal plane and leaf shutters} is out of the question
I wouldn't carry a large format box with me either)) even though I'd like to try using one someday.

04-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter

At what shutter speeds did you notice shutter shock on the Super Program?
1/8 up to sync speed.
04-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #234
Veteran Member

I hate it when that happens.

What I do is clarify my thoughts in a note, edit over a couple days, make sure everything is perfectly stated, then save it so next time the topic comes up I'm ready. But it's never been needed, every time I do that the topic never comes up again.
That's a lot of work for online wars)

04-23-2019, 12:56 PM   #235
Pentaxian

Most comments by @normhead are attempts to help someone via thoughtful comment - not really hostile "warfare".
04-23-2019, 01:01 PM   #236
Veteran Member

Most comments by @normhead are attempts to help someone via thoughtful comment - not really hostile "warfare".
It was a tongue in cheek comment sir) not a serious claim about Norm.

04-23-2019, 01:13 PM - 1 Like   #237
Pentaxian

It's more about having our thoughts organized. That makes many mis-understandings less likely to happen.

With some issues, if there is one little thing that is unclear, the whole discussion takes pages to get back on track.
04-23-2019, 01:20 PM   #238
Veteran Member

It's more about having our thoughts organized. That makes many mis-understandings less likely to happen.

With some issues, if there is one little thing that is unclear, the whole discussion takes pages to get back on track.
Yeah I can definitely see that being useful. Especially on large forums.

04-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #239
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I can see a consensus was finally reached in the last post. Good progress.
04-23-2019, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #240
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Sorry, but Ricoh has made a product that shares an unfortunate flaw with every Pentax made for decades. This is Ricoh's problem. Let's stop victim blaming. It's not the OPs fault that his camera is unrepairably flawed.
?

Shutter shock is an industry wide problem for pixel peepers.

https://photographylife.com/shutter-shock

Closed Thread