Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2021, 01:28 AM   #346
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Thanks. Any sort of a timeline?
I would interpret as Ricoh are planning to do some production sometimes in the future, but I may be wrong if they only plan to keep the new camera under glass.

08-11-2021, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #347
Pentaxian

'In planning' sounds like a step before 'in development'.

Seeing how long K-3 III had been in development stage... My bets are on 2024.
08-11-2021, 02:41 AM   #348
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
'In planning' sounds like a step before 'in development'.

Seeing how long K-3 III had been in development stage... My bets are on 2024.
I'm guessing summer 2022.

The thing to remember is that the K-3 III was the first Pentax camera to have a new processing engine for ages. Working out all the details of that, better auto focus algorithms (including face recognition using the OVF), etc took a long time. R and D will be shared between the cameras, meaning the K-1 III will not take quite as long as to finish -- particularly if they mostly keep the current K-1 body shape (no reason why they should change it).
08-11-2021, 02:53 AM   #349
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
particularly if they mostly keep the current K-1 body shape (no reason why they should change it).
If they use the new type pentaprism, they will have to change it. Hopefully, the experience with the APS-C sibling will make it a faster process.

08-11-2021, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #350
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm guessing summer 2022.

The thing to remember is that the K-3 III was the first Pentax camera to have a new processing engine for ages. Working out all the details of that, better auto focus algorithms (including face recognition using the OVF), etc took a long time. R and D will be shared between the cameras, meaning the K-1 III will not take quite as long as to finish -- particularly if they mostly keep the current K-1 body shape (no reason why they should change it).
I'd be a bit worried that if FF is next (See above), that leaves us without a "enthusiast-level" APS-C body.

It would be nice if they managed a KP mk II as well as a Summer, 2022 K1 mk III...

-Eric
08-11-2021, 03:06 AM   #351
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I'd be a bit worried that if FF is next (See above), that leaves us without a "enthusiast-level" APS-C body.

It would be nice if they managed a KP mk II as well as a Summer, 2022 K1 mk III...

-Eric
Not sure that there will be a KP sequel. Probably a slightly more upscale K-70, maybe based on the K-3 model with a few more bells and whistles, but only a single card and no grip.
08-11-2021, 03:18 AM - 3 Likes   #352
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This thread is neither news nor rumour, having been based on an April Fools joke.

threadclosed

Closed Thread