Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2019, 05:16 PM - 2 Likes   #46
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Probably a good idea to keep simple things simple. Let's not invite more problems.
One of my favourite quotes is from Albert Einstein "make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler"

04-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #47
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Release two bodies. High speed and high resolution.
I want high speed and high resolution in one body. I'll generously waive the high price for it.

/jk
04-06-2019, 06:07 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Release two bodies. High speed and high resolution.
QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
I want high speed and high resolution in one body. I'll generously waive the high price for it.

/jk
Maybe your both right. Sony seems to have multiple new sensors available. Likely at very different price points.
04-06-2019, 10:08 PM - 2 Likes   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Still holding out for K-cup support.

Steve

04-07-2019, 12:38 AM   #50
Pentaxian

I rather think we will get the K1-II silver, hopefully in the K-3 silver style (and not with these ugly K-1 silver black wheels)
04-07-2019, 03:26 AM - 2 Likes   #51
Forum Member

Pentax K-1 is special because it is clearly the cheapest full frame camera which has major competitive features against much more expensive full frames. This does not come for free. K-1 has weak video, tricky AF tracking and slow card writing. Sensor is not as modern as what latest full frames have, but it has been tuned to match pretty close considering the price of K-1.

I seriously hope that Pentax keep its special way and not trying to create another clone full frame camera with price fighting. They don't have funds to do that. Instead, I recommend them to focus more on their in-camera software features which can be improved cheaper than getting latest hardware. Great value is the strength of Pentax digital cameras. It is shame that they stopped improving K-1 software and just throwed a bit vague SDK kit, so that users can make remote control apps for K-1. It is better than nothing I guess, but improving K-1 this way will be slow.
04-07-2019, 05:27 AM   #52
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I rather think we will get the K1-II silver, hopefully in the K-3 silver style (and not with these ugly K-1 silver black wheels)
My silver KP, done in the K-1 style, is really attractive.

04-09-2019, 05:08 AM - 1 Like   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think we'd need a couple of paramedics on site
And anti-riot police...
04-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #54
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It's a classic story. Even if I don't have needs, it's the job of marketing to invent them.
I took photos on a trip, at not point in time I felt there are anything that cause me a problem, but now I read on the forum that I need an EVF because that's an advantage. But I wonder that problem it would solve, except I couldn't compose an image without switching on the camera with an EVF (I can check a view and even focus manually without even switch on my K1), and I would also need a spare battery.

---------- Post added 09-04-19 at 18:18 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You can get DSLR like images with your Huawei, the same way Huawei does: use a DSLR then lie about those images being made with the phone.You have the first part right already
I can take a picture with my K1, download it with WiFi+ImageSync and pretend I took the image with the phone.
04-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dafbp Quote
And anti-riot police...
They'd just have to find a way to find another buyer to make up for the 1500 they didn't get from me.
04-09-2019, 11:43 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Waiting for ff lenses not cameras here.
04-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #57
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I wonder that problem it would solve
Three I can think of right away - reasons I've switched to LV
1. get better view when light is dim
2. provide focus peaking with manual lenses
3. provide preview of histogram
04-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #58
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Three I can think of right away - reasons I've switched to LV1. get better view when light is dim2. provide focus peaking with manual lenses3. provide preview of histogram
I agree, I use LV with tilt screen a lot, especially on tripod, but I don't think I could use an EVF the same way, because it is a lot more tricky to keep the eye on an EVF and tweak camera parameters simultaneously. Generally, I'll be adjusting camera with the camera away from my eyes. Also, EVF aren't tilt-able (except the one used on the GFX50S), making it impossible to shoot with an EVF at waist level, high up or low. The only benefit of an EVF would be to adjust exposure in case of highlight clipping , but the high light clipping indicator could be added to an OVF.

I think EVF significantly simplify camera designs, it is cheaper to make camera with EVF, because less mechanical parts, no control and no actuation of mechanical parts, and no need of calibration and testing of AE and AF. DSLR are expensive to make: they have to work with two mode: PDAF/OVF and LV/EVF display (firmware and hardware are more complex). Mirrorless is a great solution for camera markers because they can claim the benefit of mirrorless, increase price, decrease manufacturing costs of cameras, and also sell more lenses by changing lens mounts: it's a mirrorless is a win for the camera makers.

Pentax could make a K1 without mirrorbox and without viewfinder (full frame version of the K-01, with PDAF of the GRIII, and outdoor display modes of the K1), would be perfect.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 04-09-2019 at 01:29 PM.
04-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I agree, I use LV with tilt screen a lot, especially on tripod, but I don't think I could use an EVF the same way, because it is a lot more tricky to keep the eye on an EVF and tweak camera parameters simultaneously. Generally, I'll be adjusting camera with the camera away from my eyes. Also, EVF aren't tilt-able (except the one used on the GFX50S), making it impossible to shoot with an EVF at waist level, high up or low. The only benefit of an EVF would be to adjust exposure in case of highlight clipping , but the high light clipping indicator could be added to an OVF.
Thanks to the three e-dials on my KP, I routinely adjust all three components of the so-called "exposure triangle" looking through my OVF, but I cannot take full advantage of the camera's high ISO capabilities that way - at a certain level of darkness I have to switch to LV - but honestly, I miss viewfinder then, and would love to have a hybrid viewfinder.
04-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #60

pentax get the 60mp IMX 455 sample
source ??
up is a semiconductor industry person and provides reliable information about Sony Semiconductor.
Closed Thread