Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 195 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You can get DSLR like images with your Huawei, the same way Huawei does: use a DSLR then lie about those images being made with the phone.

You have the first part right already
Would using the phone as a remote to the DSLR count as a lie, I mean it is still shot using the phone.

04-06-2019, 08:47 AM - 4 Likes   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
It's a quad 24MP folding sensor that delivers an effective 96MP
Drat, I was hoping for one each R,G,B sensor.. can just use a Pink Floyd DSOM prism to bend out each color, right?
04-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
It's a quad 24MP folding sensor that delivers an effective 96MP
Does that deliver results noticeably better than Pixel Shift on non-moving subjects?
04-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fcsnt54 Quote
Would using the phone as a remote to the DSLR count as a lie, I mean it is still shot using the phone.
That would be way too honest* - as the phone would be involved somehow

* for Huawei

04-06-2019, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #35
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Huawei (or Samsung, again) should get together with Ricoh and do something amazing for the next Pentax DSLR's.
Be very careful what you wish for

I can imagine the huge excitement of the new Pentax camera line paired with Huawei 5G communications - a groundbreaking development in interchangeable lens cameras.

Followed a few hours later by a White House statement banning Huawei equipped cameras from the USA...
04-06-2019, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Since Canon cameras were used by Huawei to do their ads, does that mean Canon cameras need to be banned as well?

-Eric
04-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@jimr-pdx and @reh321 - you can either use it conventionally or a variation on the pixel shift where each section of the quad is dedicated to the color channel, and just like in pixel shift, that 4th quad does a double sample on the green.

04-06-2019, 02:35 PM - 1 Like   #38
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Since Canon cameras were used by Huawei to do their ads, does that mean Canon cameras need to be banned as well?

-Eric
Definitely, sounds dodgy AND a potential security threat
04-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
That's the K1 II with Accelerator++ and with A.I. educated exposure (when you press the shutter, if the composition doesn't follow the rule of third, the camera won't take the picture)?
i just about sprayed my beer out my nose lolol

04-06-2019, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Be very careful what you wish for
Point taken.

I guess a fingerprint sensor on the shutter button, or face ID authentication before you can use the camera (managed via a cloud based database somewhere in the USA or China) would also be modern smart-phone like features we really don't need in a camera.
04-06-2019, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I dunno, a fingerprint sensor that switched user preferences based on who was shooting would be pretty cool...

-Eric
04-06-2019, 03:46 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I dunno, a fingerprint sensor that switched user preferences based on who was shooting would be pretty cool...

-Eric
Until it didn't work fast enough, and required you to enter your password to authenticate, thereby causing you to miss multiple 'decisive moments'

Ross
04-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #43
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Drat, I was hoping for one each R,G,B sensor.. can just use a Pink Floyd DSOM prism to bend out each color, right?
Actually, that's what some video cameras did. Those "3-CCD" cameras (Three-CCD camera - Wikipedia) had a beam-splitter that sent the red image one direction, the blue image a different direction, and the green image straight through. Technically, it did not use chromatic dispersion effect shown on the DSOM cover but it did do what you asked.

The result is a true RGB image with all three colors measured at every pixel (like a pixel shift image).
04-06-2019, 04:35 PM - 2 Likes   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Until it didn't work fast enough, and required you to enter your password to authenticate, thereby causing you to miss multiple 'decisive moments'
Or somehow your fingerprint is refused, killing access to the camera, due to wearing gloves or having dirty or wet hands, or a revoked signing certificate somewhere disabling the fingerprint sensor, or any of 100 other software dependencies failing.

Probably a good idea to keep simple things simple. Let's not invite more problems.
04-06-2019, 04:58 PM - 1 Like   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Belnan Quote
Sony has a new high speed 36MP sensor, it would be nice to see the K1 use this one. However I suspect users would demand more resolution.
Release two bodies. High speed and high resolution.
Closed Thread