Photos: Gallery | Albums
Too late...

DCU minor update yesterday 5.8.3 - PentaxForums.com

Steve
04-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Ricoh website doesn't list the K5IIs as being supported by version 5.8.3. Is that right? I currently have v4.4.
04-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

As far as I can tell, it works with every single Pentax digital camera released. I use it on occasion for my K-50.

04-22-2019, 03:17 PM   #5
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
As far as I can tell, it works with every single Pentax digital camera released. I use it on occasion for my K-50.
I have it not able to display DNG's from my K-20D. Not a big deal, but disappointing none the less.
12-21-2019, 03:21 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Digital Camera Utility update (5.8.4)

Digital Camera Utility has been updated to version 5.8.4.
  • Corrected --- When opening image file that is changed the parameter of noise reduction panel after restarting Digital Camera Utility 5, each noise reduction parameter changes are not restored.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- When trying to switch to Browser mode with adjusting (Change parameter) JPEG image and without saving re-develop saving in Laboratory mode, adjusted parameters are not reflected to saved image even save the image file with selecting [YES] on save warning dialog.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- When trying to switch to Browser mode with all image display pages close in Laboratory mode, the error message [Encountered an improper argument] is displayed and freeze the software.
Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
12-22-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the notice.

12-22-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Digital Camera Utility has been updated to version 5.8.4.
  • Corrected --- When opening image file that is changed the parameter of noise reduction panel after restarting Digital Camera Utility 5, each noise reduction parameter changes are not restored.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- When trying to switch to Browser mode with adjusting (Change parameter) JPEG image and without saving re-develop saving in Laboratory mode, adjusted parameters are not reflected to saved image even save the image file with selecting [YES] on save warning dialog.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- When trying to switch to Browser mode with all image display pages close in Laboratory mode, the error message [Encountered an improper argument] is displayed and freeze the software.
Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
Thanks for posting this. Forgot about checking and downloading updates to this software.
Thanks,
barondla
12-22-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
PDL
Pentaxian

I updated to 5.8.4 after perusing this post.

I broke it badly soon thereafter.

I opened (actually it did try) a file from my Yellowstone vacation in August taken with my K-3II. It proceeded to load the files in the folder up to the one that broke it. Now, when I say it broke it - the program disappeared - i.e. my screen was left back on my desktop. No warning, error message - no nothing, just desktop. Opened the same folder at least five times and it died at the same spot. Not Good.

When I tried to process a Pixel Shifted image from my Alaska trip in June, it just made a nice shot fuzzy and completely out of focus, as if the four images did not overlay properly. While processing anything in the my music playing in the background sounded as if it was on a old record player (I know you young guys don't remember this) that repeated the same word over and over. Quite disconcerning to hear Queen playing like "Weee are the Champ hamp hamp hamp hamp hamp hamp -20 seconds later- ions". Quite disturbing that the performance of this program is getting worse over the years.
12-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

So do we install it or not?
12-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Sounds like PDL was not impressed with the new version! Anyone else updated yet?
12-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #12
Pentaxian

I updated. No issues here on 2 machines.
12-25-2019, 07:25 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe there is a problem with the photo it is crashing on. Have you tried those photos with a different developer?
12-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #14
Pentaxian

Updated but regrets it still doesn't read GRIII raw files...
02-15-2020, 02:42 PM - 3 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

Digital Camera Utility update (5.8.5)

Digital Camera Utility has been updated to version 5.8.5.
  • Added new lens name for [HD Pentax-D FA 70-210mm f/4 ED SDM WR]
    xxx
  • Corrected --- Even if you press the same magnification display button on the toolbar with the display magnification changed in the combo box, it does not display the same magnification.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- Spotting results is not reflected when performing spotting on a RAW image and directly specifying “Apply parameter changes” and performing photo printing without developing.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- Trimming frame setting may not be saved correctly.