Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Digital Camera Utility has been updated to version 5.8.5.
  • Added new lens name for [HD Pentax-D FA 70-210mm f/4 ED SDM WR]
    xxx
  • Corrected --- Even if you press the same magnification display button on the toolbar with the display magnification changed in the combo box, it does not display the same magnification.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- Spotting results is not reflected when performing spotting on a RAW image and directly specifying “Apply parameter changes” and performing photo printing without developing.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- Trimming frame setting may not be saved correctly.
Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
The Mac version is actually 5.8.5.1. I don't know if the same is true for the Windows version, since I don't have a Windows machine to check it on.

02-15-2020, 03:22 PM   #17
Pentaxian

It's 5.8.5.0 for Windows and 5.8.5.1 for macOS.
02-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Digital Camera Utility Update 5.8.3

Released 04/18/2019 News | RICOH IMAGING
Question:
How do I install Digital Camera Utility on a computer without a CD-Rom drive ? The update will not install without the original CD that came with the camera haven't been installed.

Thanks,
02-28-2020, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BryantCP Quote
Question:
How do I install Digital Camera Utility on a computer without a CD-Rom drive ? The update will not install without the original CD that came with the camera haven't been installed.

Thanks,
This has come a number of times. There's a thread with how to do it.

The DCU (digital camera utility) software can be upgraded on your computer with or without CD. You can get the latest update from Ricoh Support webpage. If you are installing the software for the 1st time and do not have the CD, use a memory stick or a computer formatted SD card (how I did it) that you rename S-SW140 and place the downloaded file in the memory stick or SD card.

Read more at: Digital Camera Utility 5 - PentaxForums.com

03-01-2020, 08:16 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Question:

Thanks,
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
This has come a number of times. There's a thread with how to do it.

The DCU (digital camera utility) software can be upgraded on your computer with or without CD. You can get the latest update from Ricoh Support webpage. If you are installing the software for the 1st time and do not have the CD, use a memory stick or a computer formatted SD card (how I did it) that you rename S-SW140 and place the downloaded file in the memory stick or SD card.

Read more at: Digital Camera Utility 5 - PentaxForums.com
Perhaps if you know someone who has a "usb external cd/dvd" you could borrow it to install the software then you will have access to the download from Ricoh/Pentax

usb cd/dvd drive - Google Search
03-02-2020, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Perhaps if you know someone who has a "usb external cd/dvd" you could borrow it to install the software then you will have access to the download from Ricoh/Pentax

usb cd/dvd drive - Google Search
Thanks for the replies...
I have an older Windows 7 laptop with a CDrom drive & was able to use that over my home network to install it on the new laptop. Curiously, Windows 10 can't easily see another Windows 10 computer over a home network but can see a Windows 7 machine.
03-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have an older Windows 7 laptop with a CDrom drive & was able to use that over my home network to install it on the new laptop. Curiously, Windows 10 can't easily see another Windows 10 computer over a home network but can see a Windows 7 machine.
Windows 10 has caused me a lot of grief, came on a new laptop and then within the first 2 years I have reinstalled it as with the updates it caused the BSOD!

03-03-2020, 10:15 AM   #23

You probably need to turn on network discovery under the advanced sharing options. Windows 10 should ask you if you want this on or not when you first setup the network stuff. I believe the default is off.
03-03-2020, 08:32 PM   #24
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Make sure you're doing it properly, Bryant:

How to share files and printers without HomeGroup on Windows 10 | Windows Central
03-03-2020, 10:05 PM - 1 Like   #25

Read more at: Digital Camera Utility 5 - PentaxForums.com[/quote]
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobie Quote
use a memory stick or a computer formatted SD card (how I did it) that you rename S-SW140 and place the downloaded file in the memory stick or SD card.
Just for info the downloaded file doesn`t have to be on the memory stick. And it doesn`t matter what is on the memory stick. My S-SW140 was a DOS boot disk for a while and still worked.

Last edited by hartless_1; 03-03-2020 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Quoted twice cos I don`t know the system
03-05-2020, 04:10 PM   #26

Will this version 5.8.3 work with K5II?

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
The Ricoh website doesn't list the K5IIs as being supported by version 5.8.3. Is that right? I currently have v4.4.
I have a K5II and am using ver 4.4..
Anyone with K5II tried this upgrade and does it work?
Thanks~!
03-08-2020, 01:18 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hartless_1 Quote
Just for info the downloaded file doesn`t have to be on the memory stick. And it doesn`t matter what is on the memory stick. My S-SW140 was a DOS boot disk for a while and still worked.
Brilliant! I just renamed drive C to 'S-SW140' and voila, update installs as fresh copy directly form the download folder. Many thanks for the tip - saves digging around the pile of Pentax/Ricoh boxes in the loft for the original CD.
03-13-2020, 01:08 AM - 4 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

Digital Camera Utility update (5.8.6)

Digital Camera Utility was updated to version 5.8.6 on the 12th of March, 2020.
  • Corrected --- In Custom Image of [Bleach Bypass], [Muted] and [Monochrome], [Color tone] changes are not reflected in the image preview.
    xxx
  • Corrected --- When opening a RAW image file that is 1:1 crop shooting with K-1 or K-1 Mark II in Laboratory mode, the cropping range is not reproduced correctly.
    xxx
  • Corrected--- When opening a RAW image file that is shooting with Pixel Shift Resolution System in Laboratory mode and continuously changing any parameter with the slider, preview image is not updated.
Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Windows : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING

Digital Camera Utility 5 Update for Macintosh : Software Downloads | RICOH IMAGING
03-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Need the software

I have a new computer with NO disk drive: anyway to download the actual software, not just the update?

Thanks,
Cameron
03-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
I have a new computer with NO disk drive: anyway to download the actual software, not just the update?

Thanks,
Cameron
The update is the complete software. However, in order for the installer to work, you need to rename one of your computer's drives (internal or external SSD, memory stick,... it doesn't matter) to 'S-SW140'. The installer will check that a drive named S-SW140 is attached to the computer, then proceed with the installation.