Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 81 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2019, 12:53 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yvon Bourque, Pentax eBook Author is ill - Fundraiser & donation special

Yvon Bourque (@ebooks4pentax), author of the well-known Pentax eBooks across the Pentax community, has fallen ill and needs our help to fund an upcoming surgery to stay alive.

To help him out, Pentax Forums will donate 100% of all proceeds from Pentax eBooks directly to the cause, and match each user purchase:

Donate by getting a Pentax eBook

You can also help Yvon through the Facebook fundraiser:

QuoteQuote:
"My dad (Yvon) has cancer and has had it for a while. One of the medications he is taking causes serious complications of the jaw bone if his teeth aren't perfect. The oral surgeon has recommended pulling 13 teeth followed by full / partial dentures. Unfortunately, my dad does not have dental insurance. If he doesn't get this done, the doctor will not let him continue to take the medicine that is extending his life, however long that may be. Please consider donating. His surgery is scheduled for May 30, in which time he will have to pay up front. Anything is so greatly appreciated. If you cannot donate, we still love you."
Yvon Bourque - Fundraiser - Pulling Teeth

If you'd like to donate a larger/custom amount and don't use Facebook, PayPal donations are also accepted through webmaster [at] pentaxforums.com. Please mention "Yvon" in the comments.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-19-2019, 01:21 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for the gesture, Adam. And best wishes to Yvon and his family.
(Downloading an eBook is fast and easy.)
05-19-2019, 01:28 PM - 1 Like   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Very sad to hear that our friend Yvon isn't well My PayPal donation has been sent to webmaster e-mail at PF, with my love and best wishes for Yvon and his family...

If you're reading this, Yvon, stay strong and wishing you all the best. There's a grateful community of Pentaxians here rooting for you!
05-19-2019, 01:46 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

So sorry to hear that Yvon is ill. Donation sent via our kind webmaster.

05-19-2019, 01:48 PM - 3 Likes   #5

Really sad to hear...

But Yvon! Hey! We all know that you are a strong person and there will be new PENTAX sytems and you should make/prepare your awesome books for those too!

Get well soon and make your family and your community happy!

Best wishes and love!..
05-19-2019, 02:21 PM - 3 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've already bought the books of his I need (since they actually tell you how to use your camera, unlike a manufacturer's manual which is just a reference) so I'm going to donate by PayPal.

You can tell (even in writing, and in a second language) that he's pragmatic, an assister of people and a proud Pentaxian, so we should do anything we can to help him in his battle.

Lots of love to you, Yvon!
05-19-2019, 02:25 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I've already bought the books of his I need (since they actually tell you how to use your camera, unlike a manufacturer's manual which is just a reference) so I'm going to donate by PayPal.
Yep, Yvon's eBooks are the best... I have three of them, for the K-3, K-5 and K10D. Anyone that doesn't own one - even if they're familiar with their camera(s) - would benefit, IMHO...

05-19-2019, 04:48 PM - 3 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bought his K-3 book years ago, and it has been invaluable.

Not sure if my donation went to the correct address. The paypal receipt states contactpf [at] pentaxforums.com
05-19-2019, 06:12 PM - 3 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have donated an amount through the system...used the site supporter area...please ensure it goes to Yvon.

Over the years I have bought the K-3 and K-1 books and have found them absolutely invaluable references, especially given that the Pentax manuals are so sparse.

Please pass my best wishes to Yvon for successful surgery and a speedy recovery!
05-19-2019, 07:53 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Our thoughts and prayers are with Yvon and his family in their challenging and emotional trial. The small acts of friends, neighbors and acquaintances are especially meaningful and uplifting during this scary, disrupting time. You who know cancer know whereof I speak. I am certain any gift will be appreciated.

monochrome

Last edited by monochrome; 05-20-2019 at 01:17 PM.
05-19-2019, 08:11 PM - 3 Likes   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two of his books now. A donation was tendered through Paypal tonight.

Best wish and prayers Yvon

Larry Mc
05-19-2019, 10:02 PM - 3 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Dont really need anything but will find a sudden need, in case a K1 did end on my bag some Day.

Best thoughts and wishes, Yvon !
05-19-2019, 11:57 PM - 3 Likes   #13
Loyal Site Supporter

Done, great info helpfully set out

Good luck with the treatment
05-20-2019, 01:07 AM - 3 Likes   #14
Forum Member

Done, I've just bought K1 & K3 eBook, good luck!
05-20-2019, 06:25 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Forum Member

Hello,
best luck from Germany for you Yvon.
Keep your head up.

Best wishes from Trier
Georg