Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2019, 06:53 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yvon Bourque (@ebooks4pentax), author of the well-known Pentax eBooks across the Pentax community, has fallen ill and needs our help to fund an upcoming surgery to stay alive.

To help him out, Pentax Forums will donate 100% of all proceeds from Pentax eBooks directly to the cause, and match each user purchase:

Donate by getting a Pentax eBook

You can also help Yvon through the Facebook fundraiser:

Yvon Bourque - Fundraiser - Pulling Teeth

If you'd like to donate a larger/custom amount and don't use Facebook, PayPal donations are also accepted through webmaster [at] pentaxforums.com. Please mention "Yvon" in the comments.

Thanks in advance for your support!
Our Thoughts and Prayers go out to Yvon and his family for a speedy and complete recovery.
Please note a donation made through Paypal to PentaxForums is on its way.

Evan Inker

05-20-2019, 07:27 AM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
All the best to Yvon and his family. We're been in a similar situation with my own dad for about a year now. Hard times...

Wim
05-20-2019, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #18

I just bought K-1 ebook.
Best wishes from Slovakia.
05-20-2019, 03:49 PM - 3 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just purchased the ebook. Wishing Yvon and his family the best through this difficult time.

kevin

05-20-2019, 09:06 PM - 3 Likes   #20
Pentaxian

Got the K-3/K-3II. God bless Yvon. Get well soon.
05-21-2019, 12:14 AM - 3 Likes   #21

Just bought the K-1 book. Best wishes for Yvon from Sweden.
05-21-2019, 07:20 AM - 3 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just picked up the KP and K-3 ebooks.
With the enhanced performance and functionality of the KP, I may just need to buy one.

05-21-2019, 08:14 PM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eminker Quote
Just picked up the KP and K-3 ebooks.
With the enhanced performance and functionality of the KP, I may just need to buy one.
The KP has been great for me.
05-21-2019, 08:20 PM - 3 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

Hoping for a quick recovery.
05-23-2019, 04:16 PM - 10 Likes   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm happy to announce that we've raised just shy of $1000, which means Yvon has now reached his donation goal and the surgery will proceed as planned. On his behalf, I'd like to thank everyone who donated directly or purchased an ebook. Bear in mind that any future sales will benefit Yvon as well. I trust he will share an update with the community in due time!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2019, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #26
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm happy to announce that we've raised just shy of $1000, which means Yvon has now reached his donation goal and the surgery will proceed as planned. On his behalf, I'd like to thank everyone who donated directly or purchased an ebook. Bear in mind that any future sales will benefit Yvon as well. I trust he will share an update with the community in due time!
That's fantastic! Well done, Adam, and our members - and best of luck to Yvon
05-23-2019, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great news!!
05-23-2019, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #28
Pentaxian

Yay!!!

Dental work is not cheap!
I had one pulled a few weeks ago {I did increase the cost by asking for sedation}
05-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #29

HUGE THANKS Adam!
06-05-2019, 08:26 PM - 2 Likes   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see his daughter posted this on Facebook:

QuoteQuote:
My dad had his oral surgery this morning. The surgeon said everything went as planned with no difficulties or problems. Hallelujah!
Thank you all so much for making this horrible predicament a little easier on us!! Now we can focus on healing and eating a lot of ice cream!! Thank you thank you thank you