Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #31
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Maybe, maybe not. You cannot deny that when you guys call something girly you mean it as a cut.

You're just jealous cuz we're better. Neener neener
I don't call something girly, I'm in touch with my feminine side, you saw the picture remember.

I'm not jealous but I do know your better.

10-08-2008, 03:05 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Olympus going the same way..;)

Olympus
Olympus

Ahhh..marketing, got to love it...
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #33
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I don't call something girly, I'm in touch with my feminine side, you saw the picture remember.

I'm not jealous but I do know your better.
Yes my eyes are still experiencing some residual burning .

Luv ya Gare!
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #34
Damn Brit

Yes my eyes are still experiencing some residual burning .

Luv ya Gare!

Luv ya too Mel!

10-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I think the big point everyone is missing is:

"Is Full Frame less girly then APS-C?"

Ok, I'm joking. Its just that every other thread in "news and rumors" becomes a full frame debate.

On a serious note, if the K-m brings more people, men or women, into photography with Pentax, thats a good thing.

If it takes an add campain directed at Japanese soccer moms to bring them over from the point and shoots, then also a good thing.

I know my sister would like a camera that has less shutter lag, and is faster to focus then her point and shoot, but the cost, size and complexity of a typical DSLR have kept her with the point and shoot. Maybe the K-m would be good for her. And I am sure there are women out there with a K20D that have a brother with the same adversion to traditional DSLR's.

Anyhow...

We have got to get this thread moved over to yet another FF vs APS-C discusion.

FF is more manly. I'll post a chart to prove it.
10-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Man, they're actually producing it blinged out like that, thats awesome. If its in the same general price range I would definantly buy the blinged out version over the normal one. I dont really find it feminine, just really strange, and I like strange stuff. Still waiting for them to offer a blinged out 6x7.
10-09-2008, 05:21 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Olympus
Olympus

Ahhh..marketing, got to love it...
That's some nice-looking kit there, actually. The retro leather fittings look good to me.

10-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #38
Inactive Account

They should sell the kit to bling it separately. I'd buy it and stick it on my K200D. Definitely help it stand out from the other cameras in the house. On a related note, does that kind of marketing work anymore? I thought that most women wanted to be considered equal to men. Building a camera intended for women, and specifically making it lighter, more compact, and less complex, says what about your target market?
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drewdlephone Quote
They should sell the kit to bling it separately. I'd buy it and stick it on my K200D. Definitely help it stand out from the other cameras in the house. On a related note, does that kind of marketing work anymore? I thought that most women wanted to be considered equal to men. Building a camera intended for women, and specifically making it lighter, more compact, and less complex, says what about your target market?
The camera is not intended to women, it intended to newbies (most women are in photography). Marketing push toward women though. That's different. Camera would have been pink
10-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #40
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
The camera is not intended to women, it intended to newbies (most women are in photography). Marketing push toward women though. That's different. Camera would have been pink
I hate pink.

edit: I hate pink and I like to shoot football.

Last edited by mel; 10-09-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: cuz i hate pink
10-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #41

Who's missing the point here. The K-m is NOT designed for women! The K-m version that they Pentax got Bling-my-thing (whoever the hell they are) to dress up is.

It's just like a putting a decal on your cell. It's an image thing only targeted at those people who think that such a thing actually makes a difference.

Good on Pentax for thinking outside the box. And now the first time I see a pretty lady with one of these I'll immediately have a conversation starter.
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM   #42
Site Supporter

I hate pink.

That must be scary for the receivers!
10-10-2008, 12:06 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I hate pink.

Like most women but industry being mainly led by men, they just did not realize that yet... they are men after all

Seriously this modded K-m is just something to brag about, nothing that will be ever marketed... like usual transparent Pentax cameras.

I do not understand why people react so much over this...
10-10-2008, 12:41 AM   #44
Damn Brit

I'm a Pentaxian and I'm ok,
I BLING all night and I sleep all day

I shoot celebretees, I eat my supper
and I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays I go lens shopping
and have buttered scones for tea.

10-10-2008, 12:55 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Light_Horseman Quote
Who's missing the point here. The K-m is NOT designed for women! The K-m version that they Pentax got Bling-my-thing (whoever the hell they are) to dress up is.

It's just like a putting a decal on your cell. It's an image thing only targeted at those people who think that such a thing actually makes a difference.

Good on Pentax for thinking outside the box. And now the first time I see a pretty lady with one of these I'll immediately have a conversation starter.
No one missed the point. What you missed is the talk sometime ago about the Japan Pentax site showing the K-m being marketed some towards women.