Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2019, 01:01 PM   #31
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That’s why almost all print photo magazines are gone now and weddings are becoming just have your friends/attendees upload their phone pics to instagram affairs. Photography is doomed /s

10-25-2019, 01:15 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
us older ones
Speak for yourself
10-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh won't take part in the 2019 Salon de la Photo (Paris, 7-11 November) either.

[18/09/2019] Vers la fin des grands salons photos ? (cliquez pour lire +)
Sad news. I remember there often were offers during Salon de la photo, such as free grip when buying a body etc.
Probably a cut in Ricoh's marketing spendings or re-allocation to other more accurate channels
10-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
or on-line. The younger generation seems totally comfortable with learning that way; only us older ones want to actually hold something before purchasing it, and even I purchased the KP without ever holding one.
If it means anything, I'm in the "I wanna touch first" camp. I plunged into the K-7 because I paid it 170€ with lens. A year later I plunged into the K-1 because I knew that grip would fit like a glove after the K-7. I would still very much like to be able to try lenses and cameras anywhere nearby...

10-25-2019, 02:56 PM   #35
Pentaxian

@DeadJohn Thank you for your report.
10-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Sad news. I remember there often were offers during Salon de la photo, such as free grip when buying a body etc.
(...)
The big retail chains (e.g. Camara) will still be there.

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
(...)
Probably a cut in Ricoh's marketing spendings or re-allocation to other more accurate channels
Both actually. I had the opportunity to discuss this topic with Yazid Belmadi, communication manager, Ricoh Imaging Europe. He told me that these fairs had become increasingly expensive with meagre returns.

In lieu of attending the Salon de la Photo Ricoh Imaging are organising a three-day 'Pop-Up Cafe' close to Place de la République in Paris, in a restaurant/bar/club named L'Atelier des Artistes from 7 to 9 November.

L'Atelier des Artistes - Restaurant / bar / club à Paris République
10-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The big retail chains (e.g. Camara) will still be there.

Both actually. I had the opportunity to discuss this topic with Yazid Belmadi, communication manager, Ricoh Imaging Europe. He told me that these fairs had become increasingly expensive with meagre returns.

In lieu of attending the Salon de la Photo Ricoh Imaging are organising a three-day 'Pop-Up Cafe' close to Place de la République in Paris, in a restaurant/bar/club named L'Atelier des Artistes from 7 to 9 November.

L'Atelier des Artistes - Restaurant / bar / club à Paris République
B&H is advertising a bunch of "show specials" - but I'm not sure if you have to go to the Javits Center to get them.... and since the cameras are all Nikon and Canon bodies I didn't beyond the e-mail advertising them.