Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2019, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Kerrowdown will be passed out on the couch in his underwear, and there'll somehow be a tiger in the bathroom.
Wot's with this underwear nonsense?

As for the Tiger... it'll just have to take it's chances and hope I don't feel peckish.

06-07-2019, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
They don't know what is under the Kilt, My guess is that the Whiskey has prevailed
06-07-2019, 05:42 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote

As for the Tiger... it'll just have to take it's chances and hope I don't feel peckish.
If you're going to walk around our apartment au natural the least you can do is tidy yourself up 'down there'. Sure, a motorized brushcutter might be needed.

06-08-2019, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Pentax is doomed by the fact that people post such threads in the news section of the site. So, anyone could create a damage to the pentax brand by posting anything that did not happen in the Pentax news section of Pentax forum, that's evil.

06-08-2019, 04:56 AM   #20
Pentaxian

This will be great news again on Pentaxtrollings.com I bet.
06-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I remember really enjoying Subsea's writeup of a previous PP, but of course several companies now obviously see it as a waste of their time and money, not just Pentax as the OP implied.

09-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photokina 2020 (27-30 May):
  • Confirmed exhibitors: Arri, Canon, DJI, GoPro, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Sigma, Sony, Tamron, Zeiss
  • Confirmed non-exhibitors: Leica, Nikon, Olympus

No mention of Ricoh (or Phase One) in either list.

Source: Photokina's official statement reported by Nikon Rumors Nikon, Leica and Olympus will not take part in the next 2020 Photokina show - Nikon Rumors

09-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Photokina 2020 (27-30 May):
  • Confirmed exhibitors: Arri, Canon, DJI, GoPro, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Sigma, Sony, Tamron, Zeiss
  • Confirmed non-exhibitors: Leica, Nikon, Olympus

No mention of Ricoh (or Phase One) in either list.

Source: Photokina's official statement reported by Nikon Rumors Nikon, Leica and Olympus will not take part in the next 2020 Photokina show - Nikon Rumors
So if Nikon, Olympus, and Leica cancel their Photokina presence before Ricoh, does that make them more doomed?

-Eric
09-17-2019, 03:17 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

So this is bad news for... I guess photo fairs.
09-18-2019, 05:05 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Ricoh won't take part in the 2019 Salon de la Photo (Paris, 7-11 November) either.

[18/09/2019] Vers la fin des grands salons photos ? (cliquez pour lire +)
09-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh won't take part in the 2019 Salon de la Photo (Paris, 7-11 November) either.

[18/09/2019] Vers la fin des grands salons photos ? (cliquez pour lire +)
Perhaps Photokina 2020...?

Although Leica, Nikon and Olympus will not be there: https://petapixel.com/2019/09/17/nikon-leica-and-olympus-are-not-going-to-at...hotokina-2020/
10-25-2019, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #27
Pentaxian

I visited the show today. In and out within 45 minutes. There was no Pentax or Ricoh presence, as expected.

The show continues to shrink in size and attendee count. Exhibitor booths used to completely fill the main hall. This year 2 aisles were cordoned off due to lack of exhibitors. Walkways were nearly empty rather than the packed crowds I recall from 10 years ago, but that may be because I visited early morning instead of the busier afternoon. [PhotoPlus is doomed]

Most exhibitors are still dealing with professional photography, but there's an increasing pivot to the selfie crowd. Many of exhibitor presentations were aimed at a less experienced audience. Several exhibitors had selfie stations in their booth areas.
10-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Ricoh Will attend CP+ Photokina is probably as dead as Photoplus. Camera introductions will probably move to consumer electronics fairs, as they have become consumer electronics. CES en IFA and the likes
10-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #29
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Camera introductions will probably move to consumer electronics fairs, as they have become consumer electronics. CES en IFA and the likes
or on-line. The younger generation seems totally comfortable with learning that way; only us older ones want to actually hold something before purchasing it, and even I purchased the KP without ever holding one.
10-25-2019, 12:50 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I visited the show today. In and out within 45 minutes. There was no Pentax or Ricoh presence, as expected.

The show continues to shrink in size and attendee count. Exhibitor booths used to completely fill the main hall. This year 2 aisles were cordoned off due to lack of exhibitors. Walkways were nearly empty rather than the packed crowds I recall from 10 years ago, but that may be because I visited early morning instead of the busier afternoon. [PhotoPlus is doomed]

Most exhibitors are still dealing with professional photography, but there's an increasing pivot to the selfie crowd. Many of exhibitor presentations were aimed at a less experienced audience. Several exhibitors had selfie stations in their booth areas.
Well, as I see it, "Professional Photography" in the USA at least in 2019 means a mom with kids in school and a Canon 70D and Rebel shooting portraits and weddings for kicks and giggles and some cash on the side when convenient. Not anybody likely to care what the latest and greatest might be.

I know Photography has become a "hobby" instead of my means of earning a living. Can't shoot a wedding for $200. (Or free for my portfolio... LOL )

---------- Post added 10-25-19 at 12:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
or on-line. The younger generation seems totally comfortable with learning that way; only us older ones want to actually hold something before purchasing it, and even I purchased the KP without ever holding one.
So true... remember going to book stores to peruse the magazines to find out what cameras were coming that had been announced 2 months prior? LOL