Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2019, 08:51 PM   #136
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
The Japanese website DC Watch has an interesting report on the KP J Limited Night at Ricoh's Shinjuku showroom.

I think the Google translation is understandable for the most part. What struck me was the following.
- The KP J seems to have been successful beyond their expectations (I don't agree with the Google translation "beyond imagination" - too extreme)
- Only Ricoh would be flexible enough about branding to let TKO try this and do things like bring back the old logo. Actually they did this by letting Marc Nelson use the old font on the K-01 too. If they are going to use the old logo, I'd like them to use the old font too. The irony is that design preferences go round and the old logo/font looks more contemporary, while the official 80s-tastic one looks old hat to me. I'd like them just go over to the old brand identity - not for nostalgic reasons but because it just looks better.
- It looks like they are thinking for doing this again with other models, especially the K-1
- It's interesting that there is a strategy behind this camera to get away from homogeneity in the market - the idea that cameras have become "all the same if you cover the logo"

Japanese article
??????????????"1%er"????PENTAX KP J limited NIGHT? - ???? Watch

Through Google
Google Translate
This is all very good, but at some point we'll get tired of cosmetics and want something internal.

08-10-2019, 04:00 AM - 2 Likes   #137
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Twitter
08-11-2019, 07:27 AM   #138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
'Any lens may be used'.
08-16-2019, 06:49 AM   #139
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This is all very good, but at some point we'll get tired of cosmetics and want something internal.
Not sure I agree that it's all cosmetics. The shiny mount would be more durable, for instance, and the grips are a different shape than the original ones. The K-30 had the best grip of any camera I've ever tried, so I would love to see them continue their relationship with TKO.

---------- Post added 08-16-19 at 06:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
'Any lens may be used'.
That could mean they just take the hat off if the lens doesn't fit.