Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 64 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2019, 02:01 PM - 1 Like   #121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If they sell 5,000 or 10,000 of these and make $200 a pop its no skin off my nose. That seems like easy money they can use for R&D. I think its an attractive mod to a good little camera that might pique the interest of some younger buyers who haven’t thought about Pentax (seems to me to be pointed at gamers).

I’m not in the market for the APSc flagship so I’m not waiting with bated breath for every little rumor. The 85/1.4 however interests me.

07-21-2019, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Can the wood grip be ordered separate?
07-21-2019, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #123
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
Can the wood grip be ordered separate?
I guess if you look for a good wood worker craftsman. .....they could make one for you.
07-22-2019, 12:41 AM   #124
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
So... just a few days until the KP J Limited Yoshimura custom settings are leaked. 😉
Settings and neck-strap

07-30-2019, 05:36 AM - 3 Likes   #125
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Being delivered to stores that ordered them now.

07-30-2019, 06:01 AM - 2 Likes   #126
Pentaxian

The box will be a collectors item as well
08-02-2019, 05:13 PM - 4 Likes   #127
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
At a recent event they were showing off versions with the AOCO logo printed on them (i.e. not a sticker applied). Looks better without the cover in my opinion.

It does appear that the reaction to these models is quite positive.

There is something quite interesting about they way they are handling this marketing. The guy who designs this "TKO" is always present at the events, getting reaction from the visitors. He is the person I spoke to at CP+, by the way. He is very friendly, passionate about his project and speaks good English.

When I mention events, I'm talking about the KP J Limited Nights at Ricoh's own Imaging Square locations and the KP J Limited Tour at rented event spaces in other cities.

What I'm interested in seeing is:
- whether they continue the KP J initiative and make some of the other colours they were showing at CP+
- whether they extend it to other models - the K-1 II would be the obvious choice
- whether any of the features they are experimenting with end up in future "regular" models. I'm sure some people would like the AOCO logo, and if the new mount material is really better, they it might make sense to make it standard.

08-02-2019, 11:46 PM - 1 Like   #128
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
At a recent event they were showing off versions with the AOCO logo printed on them (i.e. not a sticker applied). Looks better without the cover in my opinion.

There is something quite interesting about they way they are handling this marketing. The guy who designs this "TKO" is always present at the events, getting reaction from the visitors. He is the person I spoke to at CP+, by the way. He is very friendly, passionate about his project and speaks good English.

When I mention events, I'm talking about the KP J Limited Nights at Ricoh's own Imaging Square locations and the KP J Limited Tour at rented event spaces in other cities.

- whether they continue the KP J initiative and make some of the other colours they were showing at CP+
- whether they extend it to other models - the K-1 II would be the obvious choice
- whether any of the features they are experimenting with end up in future "regular" models. I'm sure some people would like the AOCO logo, and if the new mount material is really better, they it might make sense to make it standard.
AOCO logo would sell cams IMO.
08-03-2019, 02:04 AM   #129
Veteran Member

Very classic. I would love to hold one to see how it feels, but I get everything online now.
Is it correct that some lenses cannot be mounted because of its design?
08-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Very classic. I would love to hold one to see how it feels, but I get everything online now.
Is it correct that some lenses cannot be mounted because of its design?
The AOCO is printed is on the standard KP pop up flash cover not on the garish snap on cover. With this configuration there should be no problems with mounting any lens. I hope they do this with the up coming APSC High spec model.
08-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote

This needs to be standard on all future Pentax bodies!
08-03-2019, 08:02 AM - 2 Likes   #132
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you think shooting Pentax is obscure . . . .
  • What brand of camera is that?
  • It’s an Asahi.
  • So is that some Chinese knockoff or something?
08-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
This needs to be standard on all future Pentax bodies!
+1
08-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #134
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Complete camera kit I suppose, the grip is customer but also the KP model name and case paint are custom.
Only in Japanese, it must be really limited then.
its good
08-09-2019, 06:44 PM - 1 Like   #135
JPT
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The Japanese website DC Watch has an interesting report on the KP J Limited Night at Ricoh's Shinjuku showroom.

I think the Google translation is understandable for the most part. What struck me was the following.
- The KP J seems to have been successful beyond their expectations (I don't agree with the Google translation "beyond imagination" - too extreme)
- Only Ricoh would be flexible enough about branding to let TKO try this and do things like bring back the old logo. Actually they did this by letting Marc Nelson use the old font on the K-01 too. If they are going to use the old logo, I'd like them to use the old font too. The irony is that design preferences go round and the old logo/font looks more contemporary, while the official 80s-tastic one looks old hat to me. I'd like them just go over to the old brand identity - not for nostalgic reasons but because it just looks better.
- It looks like they are thinking for doing this again with other models, especially the K-1
- It's interesting that there is a strategy behind this camera to get away from homogeneity in the market - the idea that cameras have become "all the same if you cover the logo"

Japanese article
??????????????"1%er"????PENTAX KP J limited NIGHT? - ???? Watch

Through Google
Google Translate