Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 990 Likes Search this Thread
06-28-2019, 03:38 AM   #466
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Higher level than K-3 series
Same level with the D500 and 7DII.
So the AF points will be between 153 (99 cross type) and 65 (All cross type, center double-cross) - cool, thanks for confirming.

06-28-2019, 04:47 AM   #467
Pentaxian

"I have a dream"...
06-28-2019, 05:01 AM - 2 Likes   #468
Pentaxian

not a dream.
06-28-2019, 05:34 AM   #469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

If I remember correctly, it was said in some interview that the camera would be top of the K-mount. Ie it will be placed above the K-1......

06-28-2019, 05:41 AM   #470
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
If I remember correctly, it was said in some interview that the camera would be top of the K-mount. Ie it will be placed above the K-1......
It is top apsc model not top priority.
" It is being developed as the highest (flagship) model in the APS-C lineup. "
06-28-2019, 06:20 AM   #471
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I assume you are correct, but whatever the new technology is (some of it may be hinted at in the GRlll) it will be shared across all three DSLR platforms. Sometimes Pentax releases cameras out-of-order for reasons that aren’t clear. For instance, K-01 was released in late February. It had a new smaller IBIS system and LiveView that were also used in the K-30, which came later in the spring. Essentially, K-01 was a K-30 without the viewfinder. It would not be unprecedented to release aa 645x shortly before an evolved K-3ll.

I don’t think they have made any promises, whatever we think we heard (or want to have heard).
Have they ever made any promises about any camera they released? I think they know better than to make promises, they would be slaughtered by the imaging media.

I'm not steeped in the release history of Pentax systems but were't the K-01 and the K-30 during the Hoya era? If so, many things have changed since then, there probably isn't enough development funds available to support simultaneous development of two different systems.

Last edited by Larrymc; 06-28-2019 at 06:26 AM.
06-28-2019, 06:29 AM   #472
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
It is top apsc model not top priority.
" It is being developed as the highest (flagship) model in the APS-C lineup. "
I remember (I think) another interview where it was said it was indeed the top of the K-line....

06-28-2019, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #473
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
K-1: Just Do It. You will be happy

.:
06-28-2019, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #474
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dieseler Quote
Do you shoot BIF, wildlife or sports/action?
What is the point to such a question? It doesn't matter what you are shooting the physics are all the same regardless whether you are shooting macro in a studio or birds in a forest. 99% to photography is preparation. The types of photography you listed ultimately depend on it for success.

Once Ricoh/Pentax finally moves to UHS-II in a KPII all the things people think are wrong with the KP disappear sans for the grip. The biggest obstacle using the K-1 is the camera is so slow to function entirely due to the UHS-I bus. I am always waiting on the storage bus to finish whether I have taken one image or half a dozen. There is no buffer problem. The sensor isn't to slow. The UHS-I storage bus is so inadequate the K-1 is always slow to respond from waking up the camera to single drive mode shot to shot. This isn't my experience this is what everyone is experiencing that is using a K-1 or KP.

Here is an example when shooting in Pixel Shift Mode it takes the camera around 5 seconds to recover. The actual Pixel Shift Capture and process is pretty instantaneous shooting at speeds faster than a second. What is taking 5 seconds is writing the 150mb file from the buffer through the slow UHS-I bus. Once Ricoh/Pentax moves to UHS-II it will only take one second for the camera to recover.

There is a lot more to UHS-II besides the needed bandwidth that greatly improves response time namely the second set of pins that allow bi-directional communication with the SD card. This will all transform handheld Pixel Shift. And everything else the perceived slow autofocus or perceived need for a larger buffer. Improved battery life. The GRIII is an example of why UHS-II is needed in that regard.
06-28-2019, 08:59 AM - 1 Like   #475
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dieseler Quote
Do you shoot BIF, wildlife or sports/action?
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
What is the point to such a question? It doesn't matter what you are shooting the physics are all the same regardless whether you are shooting macro in a studio or birds in a forest. 99% to photography is preparation. The types of photography you listed ultimately depend on it for success.

Once Ricoh/Pentax finally moves to UHS-II in a KPII all the things people think are wrong with the KP disappear sans for the grip. The biggest obstacle using the K-1 is the camera is so slow to function entirely due to the UHS-I bus. I am always waiting on the storage bus to finish whether I have taken one image or half a dozen. There is no buffer problem. The sensor isn't to slow. The UHS-I storage bus is so inadequate the K-1 is always slow to respond from waking up the camera to single drive mode shot to shot. This isn't my experience this is what everyone is experiencing that is using a K-1 or KP.
If you photograph wildlife or sports, your experience is relevant; if not, not so much, because you don't really know what kind of stream people want to collect; that is why the question was asked. Do you really think the KP can process images at 7fps? Otherwise it will need to keep some around while it is working through it's list
06-28-2019, 09:12 AM - 3 Likes   #476
Pentaxian

Once Ricoh/Pentax finally moves to UHS-II in a KPII all the things people think are wrong with the KP disappear sans for the grip. The biggest obstacle using the K-1 is the camera is so slow to function entirely due to the UHS-I bus. I am always waiting on the storage bus to finish whether I have taken one image or half a dozen. There is no buffer problem. The sensor isn't to slow. The UHS-I storage bus is so inadequate the K-1 is always slow to respond from waking up the camera to single drive mode shot to shot.
Ugh... nope.
But the next model, particularly if it will have UHS-II support, will also have completely different electronics and thus it will be much more responsive. And you'll believe it's all due to the "UHS-II bus"
06-28-2019, 11:06 AM   #477
Veteran Member

Now you made me curious. Shoud i start saving?
06-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #478
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Ugh... nope.
But the next model, particularly if it will have UHS-II support, will also have completely different electronics and thus it will be much more responsive. And you'll believe it's all due to the "UHS-II bus"
kunzite in your hypothetical camera all the completely different electronics i.e. new sensor processor units bigger "buffer" etc are all pointless without moving to UHS-II.

This has nothing to do with what I "believe" all the manufactures have moved to UHS-II Fuji Olympus Nikon Sony Panasonic Leica for a reason.
06-28-2019, 03:46 PM - 1 Like   #479
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kunzite in your hypothetical camera all the completely different electronics i.e. new sensor processor units bigger "buffer" etc are all pointless without moving to UHS-II.

This has nothing to do with what I "believe" all the manufactures have moved to UHS-II Fuji Olympus Nikon Sony Panasonic Leica for a reason.
I am sure the Pentax engineers know what they are doing in regard to the magic bits that go inside the new ASP-C flagship.
06-28-2019, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #480
Pentaxian

This is why your experience is so vital - different people with different patterns of use will have different needs. You are treating UHS-II as a magic bullet .... one change fix ..... but a camera is a system, and for a system you have to consider the contribution of each component. In a totally different area, consider AF speed, which requires both processing and lens reaction; if the 'weakest link' is lens reaction, then there might be very minor improvement from increasing how fast the body can process.