Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 990 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2019, 10:53 AM - 5 Likes   #706
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Are there any parts inside K-1ii, KP or K-70 that Ricoh-Imaging makes themselves?
The Pixie Dust

-Eric

07-04-2019, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #707
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Are there any parts inside K-1ii, KP or K-70 that Ricoh-Imaging makes themselves?
Yes, the firmware part is make by Ricoh.
07-08-2019, 03:21 PM - 1 Like   #708
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
It is still a Pentax camera if you can sand it, shower it , and take pictures after the shower. Also, by definition, even after a Pentax camera doesn't take pictures anymore you can still use it as a paper press or as a hammer.
And if you can see clearly through the viewfinder without artifact, rolling effect and lag, chances are it's a Pentax.
You can also do what "BigMackCam" does and sell old Pentax bodies refurbished into desk clocks. Bought one and it looks great on my mantle....
07-09-2019, 09:37 AM   #709
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is not BigMackCam. That is a reseller on the forums from Canada, not Mike.

07-09-2019, 07:26 PM   #710
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
You can also do what "BigMackCam" does and sell old Pentax bodies refurbished into desk clocks. Bought one and it looks great on my mantle....
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
That is not BigMackCam. That is a reseller on the forums from Canada, not Mike.
Yup. It's this Marketplace seller, MightyMike.
See: Gift Or Collectors Idea ~ Camera Clocks ~ Giving New Life To Old Broken Cameras - PentaxForums.com
07-10-2019, 05:51 AM   #711

Wow. Even after about a month away not much has changed (sarcasm). Well see ya in another month.
07-10-2019, 06:27 AM   #712
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by solitudebound Quote
Wow. Even after about a month away not much has changed (sarcasm). Well see ya in another month.
Classic quiet from mid July to mid August, you can logout your computer and go on vacation.

07-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #713
Forum Member

Let's hope the new Pentax 26 Mpx will be one for action and wild life.
07-11-2019, 03:43 AM   #714
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Valeriu Quote
Let's hope the new Pentax 26 Mpx will be one for action and wild life.
They would be setting themselves quite a challenge if they went that route - all out action cameras, even from companies with a proven track record if CAF, are aroud 20 - 24 Mp
07-11-2019, 04:34 AM   #715
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
They would be setting themselves quite a challenge if they went that rout
Sometimes companies do like having challenges, designing new cameras would be boring otherwise.
07-11-2019, 04:58 AM   #716
Pentaxian

They would be setting themselves quite a challenge if they went that route - all out action cameras, even from companies with a proven track record if CAF, are aroud 20 - 24 Mp
Pentax always stands out from the popular companies as she differentiates from the competition. A 26MP crop sensor with IQ even better than the KP would make a lot of sense as it would offer the best IQ in the APS-C market. A new AF module I think is necessary (maybe combined with a processor too) to close the gap with the Nikon D500, and sincerely I would be really surprised if Ricoh/Pentax can offer such an advanced AF performance. It would be a huge step!
So a new 24 or more MB sensor in fast APS-C body with a good FPS and buffer would surely put Pentax again on the top of the market!

I once wrote in here that Pentax should also make a prototype super-camera that incorporates their best technologies, just for advertising! Pentax cannot release a D5/1DX body as their marketshare is too small and they don't have the glass (at least yet) to attract pros or even enthousiasts like us to make such an investement. But such a prototype would show what the company is capable of, as what is finally released is very different to what could be released (the market/marketing policy dictate the products that are more likely to be profitable).

Since a totaly new AF system and maybe a new sensor and other innovations that Pentax includes in their cameras would require the new camera to be as expensive as their K-1II, it would be tough to sell it to us Pentaxians. What could be done IMHO is to offer a super APS-C action/wildlife camera with an advanced AF system in prices comparative to the competition and also release a downgraded less fast model with the existing AF-module but the same high IQ that would be offered in super competitive price, that would fit those who are not looking for an action/wildlife camera but mostly shoot landscapes, portraits etc...

Something like a K-3 and K-3II which were different but this time it would be more like the Nikon D7*** VS D500 cameras in the same body.
07-11-2019, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #717
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote

Since a totaly new AF system and maybe a new sensor and other innovations that Pentax includes in their cameras would require the new camera to be as expensive as their K-1II, it would be tough to sell it to us Pentaxians. What could be done IMHO is to offer a super APS-C action/wildlife camera with an advanced AF system in prices comparative to the competition and also release a downgraded less fast model with the existing AF-module but the same high IQ that would be offered in super competitive price, that would fit those who are not looking for an action/wildlife camera but mostly shoot landscapes, portraits etc...
Yes, you could be right, Redpit.

I have a hunch that there are very few Pentaxians who would actually pay north of 1200, 1300 USD for an APS-C camera.
07-11-2019, 06:02 AM   #718
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Sometimes companies do like having challenges, designing new cameras would be boring otherwise.
Seems a step too far to me, though I'd love to be proven wrong - also, as redpit says, no full-on sports lenses currently available - not that stopped Sony releasing the A9, of course.
07-11-2019, 06:10 AM - 5 Likes   #719
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I have a hunch that there are very few Pentaxians who would actually pay north of 1200, 1300 USD for an APS-C camera.
Come on, Pentaxians claim to be poor, but they aren't. As Denzel Washington said, “You will never see a U-Haul behind a hearse. I don’t care how much money you make; you can’t take it with you. It’s not how much you have, it’s what you do with it". I agree. Money has been invented for a reason, what you do with it is buy new Pentax cameras.

Anyway, it's better to be poor , in good health and have a Pentax camera, than being in bad health, rich and own a Sony.
07-11-2019, 06:12 AM   #720
Pentaxian

I don't think so.
Pentax is Pentax - I doubt they'd try to outdo the likes of D500.
But a faster camera, (hopefully) with a new, fast AF with better coverage and more AF points should work nicely. AF-C has nothing to do with the sensor resolution, and this camera doesn't have to be a FPS monster.