Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #841
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
They only things I do know is that a couple days ago, I got an email from Ricoh with massive rebates on KP and K1II.

What we may or may not conclude though....

300 on KP (body only)
300 on K1II (body only)
200 on K70 (body only)

IMO this is massive.
There is a lot of creativity in their promotions over the last 12 months. Some weeks ago they had a free 100mm macrolens with a body (K-1ii or KP) wich makes this around the same deal I guess. The K-70 is now 499 euro, so that is a good price, almost like K-50 long ago.

07-29-2019, 03:31 PM   #842
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
So tell me actually what was in it?
?

How weird.

And posting at 4am asking for someone's help about a camera you don't own, double weird.

Last edited by clackers; 07-29-2019 at 03:55 PM.
07-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #843
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
?
What particular cores make up the quads?
07-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #844
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I guess we'll see what happens on November 27, 2019. It's still about 4 months from now. We're either going to be surprised, disappointed, or puzzled. Hahahaha!
Whatever they do, I'll just go out and take a few pictures with the KP I got last Black Friday - I'd have trouble justifying a new camera this soon unless it were really really really special.

07-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #845
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
The main reason the NX1 and NX500 had such great specs beyond the 28mp sensor which is excellent was Samsung used UHS-II. That was back in 2014. There would have been no 4K video, fps with 28mp sensor etc without it. Fuji also in 2014 used USH-II in the release of the XT-1. The reviews of these cameras reflect the advantage UHS-II brings in performance and responsiveness etc. The DPR review of the XT-1 points this out.

The main reason Samsung shut down the camera division was the on going corruption charges with senior executives. The camera division was a victim of the ongoing scandal.
Using Samsung parts seems less likely than it did in the past - Japan and Korea are getting along even worse than they had in the recent past.

South Korea-Japan trade war threatens to disrupt the global tech industry - CNN
07-29-2019, 06:54 PM   #846
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
And posting at 4am asking for someone's help about a camera you don't own, double weird.
Up early for the Dawn patrol, and I'm asking about a processor that you know all about,don't you?
07-31-2019, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #847
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Whatever they do, I'll just go out and take a few pictures with the KP I got last Black Friday - I'd have trouble justifying a new camera this soon unless it were really really really special.
I have to say, my Pentax kits are pretty much in place for the next few years. I'm sure attrition will wind down a couple of the units I have (the K-S2 first IMO), and then as the shutter counts move into the 10's of 1000's I will seek replacement. Until then, I see no need, regardless of the anniversary.
07-31-2019, 09:49 AM   #848
Forum Member

It's bad when you have to look back most of the way through a thread this size to find out what the hubub is about a Samsung angle "re-ignition" comment. One of the many downsides to social media particularly when search engines dump you into the middle or a debate with no context to go along with it.

07-31-2019, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #849
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by solitudebound Quote
It's bad when you have to look back most of the way through a thread this size to find out what the hubub is about a Samsung angle "re-ignition" comment. One of the many downsides to social media particularly when search engines dump you into the middle or a debate with no context to go along with it.
No, if you go to page 1, this thread started off with talk about a new Sony sensor {look at last line} - it transitioned to a "Samsung angle" only after many pages of wandering.
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Don't know if this counts as a rumour, as the source to the rumour is "I've received a tip"..

But here's 'that other sites' rumour claiming that the new Pentax APS-C may have this new Sony sensor..

For your perusal:

Ricoh/Pentax rumored to be buying 26MP APS-C sensors for a new DSLR camera - Pentax Rumors

The latest Sony CMOS sensors product lineup for consumer cameras - Photo Rumors
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #850
Forum Member

Another site is claiming that Pentax is currently testing camera prototypes with this sensor.
3 Days Ago - 5 Likes   #851
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Odds are we will see something the end of this year or beginning of next. That means at a minimum 3 more months of angst and distress followed by 2 weeks of excitement, followed by 8 weeks of distress over the features that aren't present on the new camera.

And then the cycle will repeat.

"And what rough camera, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

(Reference The Second Coming by Yeats. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Second_Coming_(poem)

Last edited by Rondec; 3 Days Ago at 12:36 PM.
3 Days Ago   #852
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
That means at a minimum 3 more months of angst and distress followed by 2 weeks of excitement, followed by 8 weeks of distress over the features that aren't present on the new camera.
We shouldn't take angst too seriously. Even with Pentax , a small brand, there are still four product lines (GRIII, Kp, K1 II, and 645z), it would be a pity if photographers can take photos with one of those currently available models. And then there are the new features that the competition offers, which aren't essential to taking photos. I can hardly find a feature that is lacking on the Pentaxes that can't be worked around to achieve desired results.
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #853
Pentaxian

????? (@thisistanaka) on Twitter
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #854
JPT
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote
Thanks! So Tanaka-san's main points are:
- He's heard about a new camera this year, but probably only a minor update or a special edition.
- The new APS-C flagship in the second half of next year, but it looks like it will be worth the wait.
- He's not sure what's happening with the lightweight FF zoom lens he was expecting.
3 Days Ago   #855
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Thanks! So Tanaka-san's main points are:
- He's heard about a new camera this year, but probably only a minor update or a special edition.
- The new APS-C flagship in the second half of next year, but it looks like it will be worth the wait.
- He's not sure what's happening with the lightweight FF zoom lens he was expecting.
So don't be to excited for 2019.
« New zoom 70-200 F4 | - »