Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 990 Likes Search this Thread
08-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #871

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by OoKU Quote

oh, oh,...........my Chinese is not so good today.

08-15-2019, 02:46 PM - 3 Likes   #872
bxf
Veteran Member

My my, so much optimism here. I don't know if I can take all this enthusiasm.
08-15-2019, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #873

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
Disgusting as in gold version with crocodile leather?
Also any product only with new skin and old inside, such as KP-J

---------- Post added 08-15-19 at 03:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dicki Quote

It’s Japanese
08-15-2019, 06:23 PM - 2 Likes   #874
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris Mak Quote
..... it was supposed to be early 2020....
Who said that, Chris?

Just real interested where you got that from, that you'd repeat it here as fact!

08-15-2019, 09:03 PM   #875
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dicki Quote

It's Japanese. Someone beat me to it. Further down, Tanaka-san says that a limited edition of 50 Leica cameras were made for the 50th anniversary of the Jaguar XK series.
Gah! The price tag on that camera is $43,000!!!

Last edited by RobG; 08-15-2019 at 09:15 PM.
08-16-2019, 04:28 AM   #876
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Who said that, Chris?

Just real interested where you got that from, that you'd repeat it here as fact!
I don't keep track any longer, because the wait for the K3II successor took too long for me, but I did read pretty much all the info that came round on the new APS-C flagship, as I then really wanted one for the DA560, and I am pretty sure several "sources" including interviews with Pentax officials, put the release of the new APS-C flagship in early 2020.
08-16-2019, 04:59 AM - 2 Likes   #877
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't keep track any longer, because the wait for the K3II successor took too long for me, but I did read pretty much all the info that came round on the new APS-C flagship, as I then really wanted one for the DA560, and I am pretty sure several "sources" including interviews with Pentax officials, put the release of the new APS-C flagship in early 2020.
This could be my fault. I said after seeing the Iwasaki-Wakashiro-Tanaka discussion at CP+ that I thought spring 2020 was a possibility for the new camera. It was a very vague discussion and that was my interpretation. If it is going to cause so much angst, perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut.

Anyway, I do hope your decision to go with Canon is working out well for you.

08-16-2019, 05:56 AM - 2 Likes   #878
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

and I am pretty sure several "sources" including interviews with Pentax officials, put the release of the new APS-C flagship in early 2020.
Again, where?

You're the one telling the story, Chris.

You can't just write things down for us that you don't know are true.

JPT thinks you somehow were mistakenly quoting his speculations, and he's just one of us, a fellow forum member, not a Pentax official!
08-16-2019, 05:58 AM - 7 Likes   #879
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
This could be my fault. I said after seeing the Iwasaki-Wakashiro-Tanaka discussion at CP+ that I thought spring 2020 was a possibility for the new camera. It was a very vague discussion and that was my interpretation. If it is going to cause so much angst, perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut.

I have read a big part of your comments, and i would apreciate it if you would keep posting like you did until now. All your posts were informative, and it was clear that the dates provided were your assumptions and not facts.

There are some forum members that feel limited by the gear they posses, but there are also members that have no need to update their gear, myself included. Every purchase (except items under 100€) decision that i take is calculated, and i still have a large (or a few smaller ones) hole in my limited collection. Even if Pentax would launch a camera tomorrow, it would not affect me, as a hobbyist. I, like any other human, feel attract by high res cameras, or with high frame rate, and then i take a look at my camera that sat unused for a few weeks (and my wallet) and it all goes away.

Of course i want Pentax to release new stuff, so i can buy old stuff cheaper, but at the same time we have to let them take their time, not rush things - the products they are releasing (talking more about lenses here) are top of the line, that will be part of the lineup for 10+ years; time in which technology will advance - more megapickles, faster af and such - and if they are not up to standard, well i think we all know what will happen to Pentax in the future.

And lastly, i think the future apsc flagship will surprise most of us, some in a good way, and, inevitably, some in a bad way. Pentax/Ricoh has some interesting patents that could end up in the next camera or cameras. Ever since the K3, most of the new pentax cameras had at least a new, genious feature (Pixelshift, K1 articulated screen, and last but nit least, one of my favs, the normal/live view/video toggle of the KP), and i dont think they are about to give up on innovating.
08-16-2019, 06:07 AM - 2 Likes   #880
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

If it is going to cause so much angst, perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut.
It's real handy to have someone who reads Japanese on this forum, JPT, but normal news standards apply - be sure of the phrasing, getting confirmation from a third party if possible. Any journo does that. The test is … would you be afraid to show your translation to the person who wrote the original?

And that's because otherwise your brave attempt can be misinterpreted, misquoted, and misused on the Internet. Pentax Rumours can jump on it as they have Mistral75 in the past, and quite possibly Chris here.
08-16-2019, 07:41 AM - 2 Likes   #881
Pentaxian

No, it's not your fault - and FTR I truly appreciate your contribution here.

I remember arguing about another made-up "deadline", a promise-that-was-never-promised. Spring 2019? People are making up whatever they want; perhaps to claim that a fake promise was broken, perhaps because their patience had run out and they really want the product NOW!!!, perhaps because they jumped ship and want to "validate" their decision by making up a "nothing will happen until 2022" nonsense.
You may stop contributing here - I hope you won't - but you would not stop such speculation.
08-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #882

Photos: Gallery
It's real handy to have someone who reads Japanese on this forum, JPT, but normal news standards apply - be sure of the phrasing, getting confirmation from a third party if possible. Any journo does that. The test is … would you be afraid to show your translation to the person who wrote the original?

And that's because otherwise your brave attempt can be misinterpreted, misquoted, and misused on the Internet. Pentax Rumours can jump on it as they have Mistral75 in the past, and quite possibly Chris here.
Why not a lawyer to check it?
08-16-2019, 08:28 AM - 1 Like   #883
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, newspapers have the funds to keep lawyers on retainers.

But you and I can double check our own claims with another source, right, Ulrich?

It's not even just about cameras, it's about evidence on any matter in our lives.
08-16-2019, 09:11 AM - 2 Likes   #884
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JPT thinks you somehow were mistakenly quoting his speculations
In JPT's defense. It was Tanaka-san's speculation. I think JPT's translation was quite accurate. Watching the discussion between Iwasaki-san and Tanaka-san on youtube lead me to believe the K3 replacement may be out early 2020 if not end of 2019. But Clakers is right, Iwasaki-san did not confirm and so no promises were made by Ricoh.
I too appreciate all of your reports, JPT
08-16-2019, 09:38 AM   #885
Pentaxian

It may have been your post, but certainly not only. I remember an extract from an interview with a lady working for Pentax in the USA or Canada, and she said something along the lines of "look for a high end APS-C camera in the not too distant future". That has been some 10-12 months ago now....
Pentax just has a peculiar sense of "not too distant future"...
Anyhow, I hope they simply don't let the brand fully whither due to inertia.
Myself, I am now happily fully converted to Canon and Sony, but am looking to go fully Canon, because I'd rather shoot just one system.

Chris