Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 990 Likes Search this Thread
07-25-2019, 10:17 AM - 3 Likes   #781
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
The main reason the NX1 and NX500 had such great specs beyond the 28mp sensor which is excellent was Samsung used UHS-II. That was back in 2014. There would have been no 4K video, fps with 28mp sensor etc without it. Fuji also in 2014 used USH-II in the release of the XT-1. The reviews of these cameras reflect the advantage UHS-II brings in performance and responsiveness etc. The DPR review of the XT-1 points this out.

The main reason Samsung shut down the camera division was the on going corruption charges with senior executives. The camera division was a victim of the ongoing scandal.
Same old USH-II horse.
Maybe Pentax will make you happy by using Samsung processor, which apparently does it .... maybe not.

07-25-2019, 10:33 AM - 6 Likes   #782
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The main reason the NX1 and NX500 had such great specs beyond the 28mp sensor which is excellent was Samsung used UHS-II. That was back in 2014. There would have been no 4K video, fps with 28mp sensor etc without it. Fuji also in 2014 used USH-II in the release of the XT-1. The reviews of these cameras reflect the advantage UHS-II brings in performance and responsiveness etc. The DPR review of the XT-1 points this out.

The main reason Samsung shut down the camera division was the on going corruption charges with senior executives. The camera division was a victim of the ongoing scandal.
Good Grief, Rico, you are a one trick pony, Dude. What do you do daily, sit around and wait for an opening to post another UHS-II blurb. You can't influence Ricoh/Pentax in any way, why not sit back and wait to see what they bring to market then post .........and then stop after that post whether your wish was fulfilled or not.
07-25-2019, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #783
Banned

Photos: Gallery

Well writespeed wasn't what you think not reaching 60 MB/s

Samsung NX1 SD Card Comparison Fastest Write Speed Tests for Memory Cards - Camera Memory Speed Comparison & Performance tests for SD and CF cards

Wich is still a lot faster then the K-3ii wich topped at 37,2 MB/s.

Fast writespeed for 4K video is only if the date rate per second film is larger then can be handled with slower cards.
07-25-2019, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #784
Pentaxian

What, the mighty NX-1 couldn't even write as fast as the GR III?

07-25-2019, 12:15 PM   #785
Pentaxian

From the above link.
Although the NX1 supports UHS-II, the camera does not take advantage of the additional write speed provided by these cards, and fast UHS-I cards provide nearly the same performance in the camera.
07-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #786
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"PETNAX" is the correct spelling though
(few years ago, they misspelled their own name on some webpage - the Pentaxians remember )
As do we Petnaxians, an even rarer breed.
07-26-2019, 02:30 AM   #787
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe the camera division was shut down due to poor overall sales. It is expensive to launch a new camera and mount and Samsung decided they had lost enough money on the project and ended it.

07-26-2019, 04:07 AM   #788
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
At CP+ the word was that K3ii replacement would be next out the door - but we don't have a time for that, so lots of time for speculation.
Was there anything any words about the KPii?
07-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #789
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I believe the camera division was shut down due to poor overall sales. It is expensive to launch a new camera and mount and Samsung decided they had lost enough money on the project and ended it.
My guess at the time, and I still feel that way, was that someone important decided Samsung needed to focus resources on competing the the smart phone market.
07-26-2019, 06:52 AM - 3 Likes   #790
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
As far as I can remember, Ricoh has never said anything about a possible KPii - my personal opinion is that the KP might be a one-off like the K-S1.
07-26-2019, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #791
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Outside of the "J Limited" KP series, nothing. It's the same KP camera with different colors & add-ons along with a "special user setting" in programed into the dial.

Their next camera is the upcoming APS-C flagship that is meant to replace the K-3II. When is it coming? Who knows. Maybe sometime next year. Hopefully around CP+ 2020.

Who knows what they plan on doing after that. The 645 line needs help, the FF users want more lenses, some want newer FF bodies, & a lot of APS-C users also want updated lenses. Probably too much for Ricoh to handle. Hahaha!
07-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #792
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
From the above link.
Although the NX1 supports UHS-II, the camera does not take advantage of the additional write speed provided by these cards, and fast UHS-I cards provide nearly the same performance in the camera.
This is completely misleading statement. It only addresses how UHS-I and UHS-II SD cards perform in the NX1's UHS-II bus. This in no way means there is no difference between what a camera delivers using UHS-II bus over UHS-I. The specs of the NX1 proves that. A comparison of the specs of the NX1 and the KP shows what a camera using UHS-II and UHS-I deliver. People using the KP for action photography would welcome the NX1 specs.
07-26-2019, 09:25 AM - 2 Likes   #793
Pentaxian

*cough* GR III writes as fast as the NX-1 *cough*
Why do I bother? He will continue to ignore this, as it doesn't fit the narrative.
07-26-2019, 09:27 AM   #794
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Rondec the camera division was closed during a major South Korean political scandal involving Samsung that lasted years. The closing of the camera division was a victim of that scandal.
07-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #795
Pentaxian

This is completely misleading statement.
I think it shows that uhs-2 is not the limiting factor but something else. Thus I think saying uhs-2 will speed up things is misleading. It may be necessary but not sufficient.