Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2019, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #826
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
APS-C seems to have stalled in terms of pixels, not sure if that’s deliberate or technical...
It is not until now that FF has catched up APS-C in terms of pixel size.

In a declining camera market I think it is smart by Sony to use same sensor/pixel tech on 26MP APS-C, 61MP FF and 100/150MP mediumformat.

Last edited by Fogel70; 07-28-2019 at 08:31 AM.
07-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #827
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Extraordinary.

Anyway, I just want to point out to you that the 15 fps of the NX1 was possible due to the Quad Core processor derived from Samsung's phone lines.
The Samsung engineers knew what they were doing. Sad the executives were so corrupt it shut the whole thing down. Along with the Quad Core Processor to handle the 28mp sensor to deliver everything they wanted out of it in particular 4k video they needed the support and leverage of the thing apparently can no longer be mentioned you know i.e. it starts with U and ends with II. :^)
07-28-2019, 07:27 PM   #828
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Was it a quad core processor?...I haven't seen anything to say it was.NX1 had a superior Cessor to NX500 and the 500s Cessor also went in the Gear 360.
07-29-2019, 01:53 AM - 2 Likes   #829

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Where and when was this confirmed, Karen? There's been plenty of speculation, and folks assuming that the "something special" for the 100th anniversary is going to be the new APS-C flagship... and I do hope that's the case; but I've not read anything official from Ricoh that confirms it. What did I miss??
Greetings Comrade, Пролетарии всех стран, соединяйтесь!
I find this video for you, even you can't understand Japanese, I can translate for you

From 35:00
They talk about new flagship of APSC is under researching, however when Tanaka ask when it will be release,
the Responsible person said: maybe next year?
Tanaka said : At least this year is unavailable right?
the Responsible person said nothing but a smile
I guess he may want to give us a big present for 100 anniversary on November so he hide exact time purposefully

Also yesterday I heard a people who is responsible for China's Ricoh Pentax supply chain said that Ricoh Pentax is getting faster on producing extant camera model with parts for cleaning the stock quickly

That's another evidence.

07-29-2019, 02:42 AM - 1 Like   #830
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
From 35:00
They talk about new flagship of APSC is under researching, however when Tanaka ask when it will be release,
the Responsible person said: maybe next year?
Tanaka said : At least this year is unavailable right?
the Responsible person said nothing but a smile
I guess he may want to give us a big present for 100 anniversary on November so he hide exact time purposefully

Also I heard something from China supply chain said that Ricoh Pentax is getting faster on produce camera with parts for clean the storege quickly

That's another evidence.
Thanks for this!

So... it hasn't actually been confirmed, then. I think we'd all like the new APS-C flagship to be released this year, but I'd hate for Ricoh to be criticised for failing to deliver on a commitment when they haven't actually committed to anything...
07-29-2019, 03:05 AM - 1 Like   #831
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for this!

So... it hasn't actually been confirmed, then. I think we'd all like the new APS-C flagship to be released this year, but I'd hate for Ricoh to be criticised for failing to deliver on a commitment when they haven't actually committed to anything...
Overall, I would surprised if there wasn't a K mount camera released this year and APS-C seems likely, although it could just be a K70 sequel. Full Frame sequel can easily wait till next year.
07-29-2019, 06:29 AM   #832
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Was it a quad core processor?...I haven't seen anything to say it was.
But what would you know?

"The quad-core DRIMe V processor (derived from the*Exynos SoCs Samsung uses in its high-end smartphones)" according to DPR.

07-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #833
Pentaxian

Thanks for this!

I guess we'll see what happens on November 27, 2019. It's still about 4 months from now. We're either going to be surprised, disappointed, or puzzled. Hahahaha!
07-29-2019, 10:11 AM - 4 Likes   #834
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I guess we'll see what happens on November 27, 2019. It's still about 4 months from now. We're either going to be surprised, disappointed, or puzzled. Hahahaha!
I’m going to guess we’ll be surprised, disappointed, AND puzzled... and maybe delighted as well...

-Eric
07-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #835
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I’m going to guess we’ll be surprised, disappointed, AND puzzled... and maybe delighted as well...

-Eric
Exactly, I still remember my excitement when my K-3 came, leading to me eventually selling my K-5. If it's that feeling all over again, there's going to be some real excitement around here.
07-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #836
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
"The quad-core DRIMe V processor
So tell me actually what was in it?
07-29-2019, 01:33 PM - 1 Like   #837
Pentaxian

They only things I do know is that a couple days ago, I got an email from Ricoh with massive rebates on KP and K1II.

What we may or may not conclude though....

300€ on KP (body only)
300€ on K1II (body only)
200€ on K70 (body only)

IMO this is massive.
07-29-2019, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #838
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
They only things I do know is that a couple days ago, I got an email from Ricoh with massive rebates on KP and K1II.

300€ on KP (body only)
300€ on K1II (body only)
200€ on K70 (body only)

IMO this is massive.
one way or another they are cranking up their promotional efforts here too - clearing out inventory, incfeasing their market presence or just sales promotion during a slack period - who knows, as you say
07-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #839
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote

300€ on KP (body only)
300€ on K1II (body only)
200€ on K70 (body only)

IMO this is massive.
I think I saw that Nikon had a big stack of rebates as well, so it could be something as simple as trying to keep pricing in line with the competition.

Or it could mean something bigger...

The optimist in me wants this to mean a price drop on the KP as it replaces the K70, a new flagship APS-C body, and something new in full-frame land.

But I won't get all excited about those possibilities without something more than my own speculation...

At the very least, I would want to read someone else's speculation

-Eric
07-29-2019, 02:22 PM   #840
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I won't get all excited about those possibilities without something more than my own speculation...
Same here. As with all other aspects of life, I strive to remain positive and optimistic, whilst setting my expectations relatively low, and I don't allow myself to get excited whilst waiting for something - whether it's for a new purchase to be delivered, or a new product to be released. I wasn't always this way, but in recent years I've conditioned myself to have this outlook. It's liberating and cathartic... I'm very rarely disappointed, and often quite pleasantly surprised