Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 990 Likes Search this Thread
08-19-2019, 02:14 PM   #976
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
Is 26Mpix sensor viable option for top level APS-C camera if we already know that camera of such level as K3 replacement would have to survive on market for 5-7 years before being replaced by underfunded R&D?
I can easily imagine much better cameras coming in next 3 years or so. Just take a look where A7R IV is now.. such beast.
I think a 26MP sensor is absolutely a viable option. Let's wait and see what it's capable of before we judge. 24MP has become something of a "sweet spot" for the combination of resolution, SNR and dynamic range. The jump from 16MP to 24MP in K-5 vs K-3 resulted in a reduction of dynamic range. It's still very good on the K-3 / K-3II, but I don't think we'd want to see it drop further. How much has sensor technology advanced? We can hope that the new 26MP sensor at least matches, and preferably bests the previous 24MP sensor in dynamic range... but for any additional improvement in resolution with future sensors, what would be the cost in dynamic range and SNR?

We'll have to wait and see

08-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #977

wont be easy..

Canon Australia shares accidental ?first look? at EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D cameras: Digital Photography Review

90D will feature a 32.5-megapixel sensor with a Digic 8 processor behind it (presumably the same combination found in the EOS M6 Mark II). IThe 90D appears to be limited to 10 fps continuous shooting, but it too has Dual Pixel AF, Eye Detection AF and a 45-point all-cross-type autofocus sensor with a joystick for navigating through the AF points.

---------- Post added 20-08-19 at 01:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
LOL. Sony A7 (2013): 24 MP. Sony A7iii (2018): 24 MP. What a difference . Just because they oversized the A7Riv because the Z7 had more MPs than their A7Riii doesn't mean anything.

No, A7RIV certainly is not beast only thanks to sensor resolution. Check how the AF works for example.
08-19-2019, 08:53 PM - 12 Likes   #978

Photos: Gallery
Dear lord, some of the usual suspects behave like childrens.
You don't own Ricoh shares nor they owe you money. Also, Ricoh isn't a sport team competing against others, doesn't have a race to win nor make you happy

Don't like their line up or the release rate of products?
Please move on and buy a 32.5 mp Canon, a 425 focus point Sony or a 6K video Fujifilm and stop torturing us!

Thank you!!!
08-19-2019, 09:47 PM - 3 Likes   #979
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gianclaudio Quote
stop torturing us
Some people won't buy anything new, they use decade old equipment and are looking after getting good deals out of used equipment sold by people switching over to another brand.
The more FUD they do online, they increase their odds of having someone selling all of their Pentax gear.

---------- Post added 20-08-19 at 06:51 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote
90D will feature a 32.5-megapixel sensor with a Digic 8 processor behind it (presumably the same combination found in the EOS M6 Mark II). IThe 90D appears to be limited to 10 fps continuous shooting, but it too has Dual Pixel AF, Eye Detection AF and a 45-point all-cross-type autofocus sensor with a joystick for navigating through the AF points.
This is rumored information, not even released and available for sale, and obviously it shouldn't come as a surprise that new models have something more than 3 years old models, otherwise what would be the point of making new products. At any point in time, there is always a new product that does something better then other products, but if you already want to have the latest feature you would switch from camera brand to camera brand.

---------- Post added 20-08-19 at 06:52 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Gianclaudio Quote
Dear lord, some of the usual suspects behave like childrens.
That's something that ultimately destroys the value of this kind of forum. Honestly, I waste my time when reply to such comments.

08-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #980
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
(...)

This is rumored information, not even released and available for sale (...)

Source: Canon Australia EOS 90D Tech Sheet.pdf - Google Drive via Nokishita Camera Twitter
08-20-2019, 05:16 AM - 1 Like   #981
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you !!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Folks - I think we've all probably had enough of the discussion as to whether Ricoh is arrogant, treating its users badly etc. We're all pretty clear as to each other's opinions, and we're going round in circles now, so let's move on, please.

I'll be deleting any further messages on the matter.

Thank you!
08-20-2019, 05:30 AM   #982
Veteran Member

Leaking is a nice way to entice buyers, I just don’t understand why they have to say it was accidental when it’s obviously deliberate.

Last edited by Zooland; 08-20-2019 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Crt
08-20-2019, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #983
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
And just like this the megapixel race is onnnnnn. The DPR commenters, stirred by Sony's almighty whipping, are already yelling NO IBIS NO IBIS NO IBIS.
08-20-2019, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #984
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
And just like this the megapixel race is onnnnnn. The DPR commenters, stirred by Sony's almighty whipping, are already yelling NO IBIS NO IBIS NO IBIS.
Hehe they must be shaking while saying that.
08-20-2019, 06:39 AM - 2 Likes   #985
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
Leaking is a nice way to entice buyers, I just don’t understand why they have to say it was accidental when it’s obviously deliberate.
Claiming it is "accidental" is a standard click-bait tactic. People want to read "leaked secrets" more than corporate marketing publications even if they are the same.
08-20-2019, 07:11 AM   #986

32.5mp, if this CMOS has a good dynamic range, it will be the the best APS-C perhaps?
but the pixel range get more, the iso noise will hard to control especially on APS-C
08-20-2019, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #987
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
32.5mp, if this CMOS has a good dynamic range, it will be the the best APS-C perhaps?
but the pixel range get more, the iso noise will hard to control especially on APS-C
Unlikely. Canon does not have a history of good low iso performance with regard to dynamic range. It doesn't bother the Canonites, but for anyone used to Sony's sensors, I doubt that this sensor will be all that.
08-20-2019, 07:27 AM - 4 Likes   #988
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
There is no such thing as the best camera, it’s either the right camera for you or not.
08-20-2019, 07:29 AM   #989

QuoteOriginally posted by Zooland Quote
There is no such thing as the best camera, it’s either the right camera for you or not.
I mean, the best IQ on APS-C
08-20-2019, 07:41 AM   #990
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Claiming it is "accidental" is a standard click-bait tactic. People want to read "leaked secrets" more than corporate marketing publications even if they are the same.
A lot of camera customers still believe in genuine information leak like kids believe in Santa Claus. In fact, as I was going to my camera shop during closed hours, I bumped into the Fuji rep who was going to present a prototype of the XT3 to the shop owner, and this was 3 months before the release. The shop owner knew the specifications, how the camera looked like and how much would be the price range, under NDA, months ahead of the internet leak. I asked the show owner information , and his response was a big smile, I obviously got zero info, beside that he confirmed that some representative of an unknown brand presented him a new product.