Or end 2020 as already rumored ?
09-05-2019, 04:11 AM - 2 Likes   #1068
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Or end 2020 as already rumored ?
The Pentax executive Iwasaki has *never* given a date.

He said only that a product is in development.

Forget '100 years of Pentax', he did not connect that with the eventual APS-C flagship at all.

Last edited by clackers; 09-05-2019 at 04:30 AM.
09-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #1069
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
The Pentax executive Iwasaki has *never* given a date.

He said only that a product is in development.

Forget '100 years of Pentax', he did not connect that with the eventual APS-C flagship at all.
All the rumors say next year and probably towards the end of it, but I don't know that there is any official confirmation of any part of the year or that there wouldn't be something yet this fall (although that soon feels unlikely right now).

If we see any new gear this year, my guess would be on a K70 sequel and the DFA 70-200 f4 and maybe a variable aperture 70-300 zoom. Otherwise, probably nothing till next year...

09-05-2019, 06:00 AM   #1070
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Otherwise, probably nothing till next year...
Iwasaki and all the other Ricoh executives interviewed by the different magazines at CP+ did not say this year or next year or the year after that.

So what is the source of these 'rumours', Rondec? People keep repeating them.

09-05-2019, 06:06 AM   #1071
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Iwasaki and all the other Ricoh executives interviewed by the different magazines at CP+ did not say this year or next year or the year after that.

So what is the source of these 'rumours', Rondec? People keep repeating them.
OoKu was the most recent source and to this point he has been pretty accurate, although fairly cryptic in his comments. But I said "rumors" meaning exactly that. This is unfounded and unsubstantiated. If you want anything but rumors, you had best stay out of this section of the Forum...

Mistral75 also posted that Kimio Tanaka indicated that K3 sequel would be in the first part of 2020.
09-05-2019, 06:23 AM   #1072

I think they don’t have confidence to make sure the date that new gear will release, may research is lack of funds I guess?

09-05-2019, 06:31 AM - 4 Likes   #1073
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
I think they don’t have confidence to make sure the date that new gear will release, may research is lack of funds I guess?
Logically it is not from funding as from what we hear from Pentax, they have small teams and development has been ongoing with no news of lay-offs, so it is more likely to be deciding on parts and then making sure the overall experience and quality is up to Pentax standards. Just the software for a different processor and sensor package could be a sticking point, especially if they are moving to a larger buffer, (hopefully,) and or UHS-II. (Just for you Rico!)
09-05-2019, 06:32 AM - 2 Likes   #1074
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
I don't think it's anything to do with confidence or lack thereof, Karen. Ricoh will only announce new gear when development and testing is complete and production is more or less ready to roll...

Folks read all sorts of things into lack of announcements, but the simple fact is there's no point announcing something until it's nearing availability to ship.
09-05-2019, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #1075
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
OoKu was the most recent source and to this point he has been pretty accurate, although fairly cryptic in his comments.
Accurate?

For fun, I've just scanned through every post he's made on this forum going back twenty one months.

His only prediction was in April of 2018 where he confidently declared:

"K3III will be 2019
GRIII will be this year. "

He was wrong about the GR III, and I guess he has three months to be right about the K3III, even though no one's ever seen one or talked about one.

I also see posts where he's begging Asahiman for rumours and information.

I don't think he knows at all. For some reason, maybe he's connected with retailers or distributors, he can get his hands on official Ricoh documents (like firmware contents) in advance, but if I was an industrial counter espionage consultant, I'd say he's not a Pentax employee, he guesses at anything else like the rest of us.

I don't rate him as a clairvoyant, sorry!

Asahiman comes up with some very specific hints only known to insiders (again, the way he says" Sorry no,I got only anything about the 3 new primes" says he's not an employee but a receiver of leaks), but on this forum he has made no prediction about an APS-C flagship.

Last edited by clackers; 09-05-2019 at 06:44 AM.
09-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #1076
ogl
Banned

More expensive than K-3 or not - it doesn't matter. It will be successor of K-3. September was traditional month for Pentax announcements before.
But no any hints these days...
09-05-2019, 06:40 AM - 6 Likes   #1077
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

For fun, I've just scanned through every post he's made on this forum going back twenty one months.
Your definition of "fun" and mine are wildly divergent
09-05-2019, 06:44 AM   #1078
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Accurate?

His only prediction was in April of 2018 where he confidently declared:

"K3III will be 2019
GRIII will be this year. "

He was wrong about the GR III, and I guess he has three months to be right about the K3III, even though no one's ever seen one or talked about one.

I also see posts where he's begging Asahiman for rumours and information.

I don't think he knows at all. For some reason, maybe he's connected with retailers or distributors, he can get his hands on official Ricoh printed material in advance, but if I was an industrial counter espionage consultant, I'd say he's not a Pentax employee, he guesses at anything else like anyone.

I don't rate him as a clairvoyant, sorry!

Asahiman comes up with some very specific hints only known to insiders (again, the way he says" Sorry no,I got only anything about the 3 new primes" says he's not an employee but a receiver of leaks), but on this forum he has made no prediction about an APS-C flagship.
Well, Mistral75 6 months ago made a post about the K3 II sequel. Lens roadmap: Tanaka-san spills the beans - Page 10 - PentaxForums.com But clearly we are dealing with an absence of information. And into this void come rumors, some of which will be true and some fantasy.
09-05-2019, 06:44 AM   #1079
ogl
Banned

KP had been announced on January, 2017.
K-70 had been announced on June, 2016....

Only two APS-C cameras of Ricoh are selling now. I don't remember so narrow line of Pentax cameras at the market.

Last edited by ogl; 09-05-2019 at 06:51 AM.
09-05-2019, 06:55 AM - 7 Likes   #1080
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Your definition of "fun" and mine are wildly divergent
Attached Images