Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 72 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2019, 06:47 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Announcement of the PENTAX 100 Celebration Instagram Photo Contest

PENTAX100 Celebration Photo Contest | RICOH IMAGING

In November 2019, RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the founding of Asahi Optical Joint Stock Co., the original manufacturer of PENTAX-brand products.
To celebrate this memorial year together with PENTAX users across the globe who have patronized and supported PENTAX-brandproducts over the years, we will conduct the PENTAX 100 Celebration Instagram Photo Contest over a three-month period.
This contest isn’t a strict competition by any means; all you have to do for application is upload your photo to your own Instagram account using designated hashtags. Share the fun of photography and your enthusiasm of picture-taking with other PENTAX users via the hashtags, making the memorial year even more memorable.

06-27-2019, 07:24 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The theme for July is "anything with 100". We can post photographs of the Fuji GFX100.

Or Pentax 645 100?

Last edited by biz-engineer; 06-27-2019 at 11:17 PM.
06-27-2019, 07:45 PM - 4 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This assumes you have an instagram account! I don't (and probably never will).
06-27-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
Yep, same for me. I'm not going to open an Instagram account just for that. "Social media" is a thing of the past.

06-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #5
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Instagram is that the new 'Pro's" way of featuring outstanding photographs..?
06-27-2019, 08:25 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Instagram is that the new 'Pro's" way of featuring outstanding photographs..?
Yeah, it's the one favoured over Facebook and Twitter, Dave. It's more about displaying, less about two-way interaction. The pros don't want to talk to peasants like you and me.
06-27-2019, 09:06 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

What really annoys me about Instagram is that it mandates a 1:1 aspect ratio or not too far from that, and the image size is so small. It doesn't really feel like a photographer's tool.

06-27-2019, 09:07 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

If I post photos to Instagram, do I have to push my butt out and make my lips look huge? When I take the photo with my Pentax, should I still cover my face with my iPhone? I’m so confused.
06-27-2019, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
Me too.

Sorry, this is for Instagram only people, it precludes any who have not an account, not for me, I will not be part of Instagram (or facebook or twitter or any of those ridiculous social media rubbish things) it is a phone thing as far as I know, I don't have a phone that can do instagram. Maybe the new camera is a Pentax phone camera
Too exclusive, if they were serious it would be open to anyone, at some web page.
06-27-2019, 10:16 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Me too.

Sorry, this is for Instagram only people, it precludes any who have not an account, not for me, I will not be part of Instagram (or facebook or twitter or any of those ridiculous social media rubbish things) it is a phone thing as far as I know, I don't have a phone that can do instagram. Maybe the new camera is a Pentax phone camera
Too exclusive, if they were serious it would be open to anyone, at some web page.
They’re trying to build some brand awareness with a different group of people than the everyday Pentaxian. Instagram is my only concession to social media, and only because I’m associated with so many entities that use it.
06-27-2019, 10:33 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Sorry, this is for Instagram only people, it precludes any who have not an account, not for me, I will not be part of Instagram (or facebook or twitter or any of those ridiculous social media rubbish things)
Be assured that you aren't the only one. Now I know more and more young people who do not want to be on sites such as tweeter, facebook, instagram etc. Privacy breach + waste of time.

---------- Post added 28-06-19 at 07:39 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They’re trying to build some brand awareness with a different group of people than the everyday Pentaxian.
They use instagram because it's free. They'd have to pay for organizing a program with DPReview or any other camera / photography specific site.
06-27-2019, 11:06 PM - 1 Like   #12
PDL
Pentaxian

And yet, they have killed off their own sponsored supply of "free" images.

Pentax Photogallery

Marketing fools trick only themselves. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer eh?
06-27-2019, 11:56 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They’re trying to build some brand awareness with a different group of people
Maybe ?

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Be assured that you aren't the only one. Now I know more and more young people who do not want to be on sites such as tweeter, facebook, instagram etc. Privacy breach + waste of time.
Yes I have heard this, but I think the minority, so much addiction to phones and social media, even when driving.
06-28-2019, 01:13 AM - 13 Likes   #14

How typical: Ricoh does something that potentially can be a lot of fun and all you see on PF is a ration of snark. Not For Me So Not for Anybody.
06-28-2019, 01:19 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Not For Me So Not for Anybody.
No, those who participate, good on them, but I think it should be open to anyone on a neutral platform.