Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #91
Junior Member
miniheli's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth,USA,L.A and L.V
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 42
Thanks. I was almost going to dive into it. Glad I didnt. I was gonna get a k10d but with cameta.com package deal for $1000 I think Ill go with the k20d.

11-06-2008, 06:29 AM   #92
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 109
I have had the K20 in my "cart" 5 times now, but I am having major commitmwnt issues. Just saw on amazon it went down another $8 today. Down to $782.XX
11-06-2008, 07:29 AM   #93
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
Someone got a k200d body from PD2000 for 386 shipped.
11-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #94
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 109
amazon went back up to $790.XX for the K20. Don't know why it dropped $8 this AM and went back up.

11-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #95
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6
B&H has the K20D body now for $790 with free shipping and a $100 B&H gift card. That's effectively $690 from a reputable dealer like B&H. Not bad.
11-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #96
Veteran Member
SuperAkuma's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 445
QuoteOriginally posted by mike1000 Quote
B&H has the K20D body now for $790 with free shipping and a $100 B&H gift card. That's effectively $690 from a reputable dealer like B&H. Not bad.
That is a really good deal. Too bad my $100 gift card only works with amazon.com
11-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #97
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 356
Wonder why its so ridiculously cheap? Making room for a new model soon??
11-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #98
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 111
QuoteOriginally posted by kthung Quote
Wonder why its so ridiculously cheap? Making room for a new model soon??
I've had the K20D and accessories in my cart at B&H several times. The thought that there is something else being released soon (because of the more attractive pricing) has me hesitating. I'm tempted to hold out and get a better price on the K20D and pull the trigger simultaneously on the hypothetical new beast.

11-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #99
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,226
QuoteOriginally posted by kthung Quote
Wonder why its so ridiculously cheap? Making room for a new model soon??
May be, but also the retail market is not just soft, it's absolutely squishy. I noticed today that both Amazon and B&H are selling Canon 40D's for about 870 bucks; compared with that number, $790 for a K20D looks about right.

It could be a good time to "keep our powder dry" - retailers are likely to be cutting prices to the bone, and there's no telling how cheap some of this stuff is going to get.

Jer
11-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #100
Damn Brit
Guest




QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
May be, but also the retail market is not just soft, it's absolutely squishy. I noticed today that both Amazon and B&H are selling Canon 40D's for about 870 bucks; compared with that number, $790 for a K20D looks about right.

It could be a good time to "keep our powder dry" - retailers are likely to be cutting prices to the bone, and there's no telling how cheap some of this stuff is going to get.

Jer
Totally agree with you, let's see who blinks first. I can afford to wait (although I'd like another body so I can send my K10D into Pentax for some pixel mapping and check for adjustment).
Unfortunately, those who are buying as christmas presents might have to blink, I'm sure the retailers are holding out for this.
Maybe there will be a real frenzy once we hit December.
11-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #101
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangor, Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,382
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
May be, but also the retail market is not just soft, it's absolutely squishy. I noticed today that both Amazon and B&H are selling Canon 40D's for about 870 bucks; compared with that number, $790 for a K20D looks about right.

It could be a good time to "keep our powder dry" - retailers are likely to be cutting prices to the bone, and there's no telling how cheap some of this stuff is going to get.

Jer
The K10D got as low as $570. We very well may see the K20D hit the same price. With the K200D at $500 I'm wondering how low the K2000D will have to be to attract buyers.
11-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #102
Veteran Member
mattdm's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,964
QuoteOriginally posted by craig1024 Quote
I have had the K20 in my "cart" 5 times now, but I am having major commitmwnt issues. Just saw on amazon it went down another $8 today. Down to $782.XX
Remember that Amazon has a 30 day price guarantee if you buy now, you can get the lowest price available in the next 30 days.
11-09-2008, 05:34 AM   #103
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oslo
Posts: 5
Could it be related to the USD compared to other currencies
11-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #104
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,337
K10D got down to $510 delivered from BeachCamera

Actually after $100 rebate K10D sold for $510 delivered from Buydigg/Beachcamera. I know of several forum people who jumped in at this market low for brand new in the box K10D.

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
The K10D got as low as $570. We very well may see the K20D hit the same price. With the K200D at $500 I'm wondering how low the K2000D will have to be to attract buyers.
11-09-2008, 07:06 AM   #105
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 31
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Remember that Amazon has a 30 day price guarantee if you buy now, you can get the lowest price available in the next 30 days.
Amazon eliminated this price quarantee on September 1st.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cameras, k20d, kit, lens, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, price, upgrade
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D new price drop Damn Brit Pentax DSLR Discussion 48 10-23-2008 05:50 AM
Nice price drop on K20D! heatherslightbox Pentax DSLR Discussion 25 10-01-2008 07:05 PM
K20D and K200D Price Drop :) ... in Canada Jack Simpson Pentax News and Rumors 15 05-26-2008 07:44 PM
K20D Price drop gamgee Pentax News and Rumors 76 04-22-2008 09:36 AM
Very large price drop for K20D ;) Edvinas Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 02-07-2008 01:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top