Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2019, 11:58 AM - 1 Like   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well they did say that HD FA 35/2 will not be last of it’s kind with some treatments. Still there is little note on this 10-17 that border performance will not be ideal for FF even if it is there(180 ˚). If one would want better performance with DA*55 on FF, there is actually a possibility to just get DFA*50 instead. Better hood won’t solve all the problems with DA*55 on FF. having that said, removing baffle from 60-250/4 and giving it new motor would be good, since glass is great.

07-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The HD treatment is quite a good way of cleaning up the lineup. Corralling it into understandable segments, the price reductions make them a bit more appropriately priced for a lower tier range. If the upper tier is filled with new high end lenses things might start to make sense. I hope they only do the HD thing to good glass though.
07-09-2019, 01:41 PM - 1 Like   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Nifty looking Hot Shoe cover on the K-1II in those photos of the revamped 10-17 Fish Eye. Wonder where one can get one of these?
07-09-2019, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
I don't think it is my reading comprehension that is the problem. It is clearly your writing skills that lack coherence.
Yep... reading comprehension issue... nothing to add here...

07-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Trickortreat Quote
Like I said you should just move on to another brand. If you can not avoid touching the moving focusing ring during autofocus using a non-QuickShift lens how will you manage using QuickShift lenses? It will be unbearable for you to use a QuickShift lenses in AF because you will always be inadvertently changing focus by always touching the focus ring.
07-10-2019, 12:06 AM - 8 Likes   #186
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Trickortreat Quote
Like I said you should just move on to another brand.
I think both of you have the same issue, getting the mind thinking process into a deadlock: one loop is about the rotating focusing ring of the 10-17, one loop is about UHS II memory cards. Normally in such situation we try to switch off and back on, and if on/off isn't enough we remove the battery, let the capacitors discharge for awhile, and insert the battery again. Can you ask relatives to pull the plug, then do a full reboot?
07-10-2019, 03:49 AM - 2 Likes   #187
Veteran Member

Like I said you should just move on to another brand. If you can not avoid touching the moving focusing ring during autofocus using a non-QuickShift lens how will you manage using QuickShift lenses? It will be unbearable for you to use a QuickShift lenses in AF because you will always be inadvertently changing focus by always touching the focus ring.
I dont know... maybe Ricoh wont implement QS in lenses im talking about but will find a way to decouple focusing ring during AF? But anywho - dont own a single QS lens and was never talking about QS.
And like i said - i will see what happens in near future and make a decision.

---------- Post added 07-10-19 at 12:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I think both of you have the same issue, getting the mind thinking process into a deadlock: one loop is about the rotating focusing ring of the 10-17, one loop is about UHS II memory cards. Normally in such situation we try to switch off and back on, and if on/off isn't enough we remove the battery, let the capacitors discharge for awhile, and insert the battery again. Can you ask relatives to pull the plug, then do a full reboot?
Your way of thinking is false. Reboot doesnt help here. Its a hardware issue

Last edited by Trickortreat; 07-10-2019 at 03:57 AM.
07-10-2019, 04:01 AM - 2 Likes   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Nifty looking Hot Shoe cover on the K-1II in those photos of the revamped 10-17 Fish Eye. Wonder where one can get one of these?
I would rather mount a little fan on the hotshot in order to cool down the forehead of the photographer when on vacation during the summer season.
07-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #189
Pentaxian

It just occurred to me that when Pentax supposedly upgrades the FA ltds, the only new thing could be HD coating and removable hoods
07-10-2019, 06:49 AM   #190
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
It just occurred to me that when Pentax supposedly upgrades the FA ltds, the only new thing could be HD coating and removable hoods
Hoods on the FA ltd are already suited for the FF image circle. I guess the FA limited would get at least an anti-ghosting coat at the back element of the lens (what is done on digital lenses to prevent multiple reflections from the sensor surface).
07-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #191
Pentaxian

they said that they did think(perhaps even try) possibility of doing HD FA lim. but tey said that it would have taken negative impact on limiteds classical rendering what they are known and loved for(pixie dust). This is not word to word from what they said, but one can just check it them selves. only FA 31 lim. has fixedhood, if one would think of using different kind of filters with it than round 58 mm one. othervice there are no ’problems’ with those hoods.
07-10-2019, 02:29 PM - 3 Likes   #192
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sundown Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Hoods on the FA ltd are already suited for the FF image circle. I guess the FA limited would get at least an anti-ghosting coat at the back element of the lens (what is done on digital lenses to prevent multiple reflections from the sensor surface).
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
they said that they did think(perhaps even try) possibility of doing HD FA lim. but tey said that it would have taken negative impact on limiteds classical rendering what they are known and loved for(pixie dust). This is not word to word from what they said, but one can just check it them selves. only FA 31 lim. has fixedhood, if one would think of using different kind of filters with it than round 58 mm one. othervice there are no ’problems’ with those hoods.
As an avid FA ltd user I personally have no desire for HD coating on this lens, some flare is part of the magic;

I would not want to lose this effect. I feel the FA ltd's are first and foremost portrait lenses, some flare can be a welcome addition. A landscape lens wants HD coating imo.
07-11-2019, 05:05 AM   #193
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
It would seem that this discussion has taken a turn towards politics, and we all know that is not allowed.

The moderating team is reviewing a report regarding a small detail on a costume that apparently may be offensive to some. When we have discussed the issue and have decided on a course of action, this thread may be reopened.

Until then, this thread will remain closed.

Closed Thread