Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I hope this ISNT the only big NEW release they think we have all been waiting for in 2019 ?
I see it as yet another quirky release that only pleases a few …Im Very Disappointed so far !
Now we know why Pentax has been so slow in upgrading the long overdue K-3ii ! They have been working on this not so "Earth Shattering" feature instead.
Wow ! Wonderful !

07-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think this doesn’t even count...

It’s a low volume industrial thing that didn’t even warrant a press release...

-Eric
07-12-2019, 01:46 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I hope this ISNT the only big NEW release they think we have all been waiting for in 2019 ?
Probably not. Aside from the page and a link to it from the products page, this camera does not exist. There was no product announcement, no news item on the site, and no listing outside of Japan. The page just magically appeared sometime in the last six weeks or so.

So sorry to break your gloom

Steve
07-13-2019, 12:04 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
I can't speak for sure about UV photogtaphy, but Klaus Schmit can. He is in that field and as I remember he uses special lenses (quartz), because ordinary multicoated lenses block UV.
Yes, I know his web page. There's an even better resource: Ultraviolet Photography He is one of the contributors there, too.

Those dedicated UV lenses are not for normal people, costing between 5000-8000 euros a piece. We could have afforded one at work, of course, but the focal lengths are useless for our work: the shortest of the dedicated quartz/fluorite lenses is 60mm. We need 35mm. Fortunately there are dozens of old, simple lenses that pass UV well enough. Those are what we use. It is the lack of multicoating, use of UV-passing lens cements and overall simple construction.

07-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #35
Veteran Member

If they consider selling this to the general public, it would be an awesome astro camera...
07-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #36

Sigma foveon cameras have had this IR option for quite a some time. I don't recall it getting much traction as a popular feature.
07-23-2019, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I see it as yet another quirky release that only pleases a few …Im Very Disappointed so far !
Now we know why Pentax has been so slow in upgrading the long overdue K-3ii ! They have been working on this not so "Earth Shattering" feature instead.
Wow ! Wonderful !
If they put KP IR and KP J as a big surprise for 2019, then I leave this brand, disappointing too.
Is Ricoh kidding me for using these EMBARRASSING products as 100 years anniversary present ?

07-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Consumership and waste era is ending.

Time for recycling, polyvalent use, and product life expectancy prolongation
07-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #39
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Very cunning. I wonder why they won't sell it to the general public? (Not that I would buy one - but, there's bound to be some who would.)
It can be used to take "through the clothing/swimsuit" shots of unsuspecting victims.
07-23-2019, 01:19 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
It can be used to take "through the clothing/swimsuit" shots of unsuspecting victims.
Based upon what I can find online, not very successfully.

(Not my image)
07-23-2019, 01:29 PM - 5 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Karen the Star Quote
If they put KP IR and KP J as a big surprise for 2019, then I leave this brand, disappointing too.
Is Ricoh kidding me for using these EMBARRASSING products as 100 years anniversary present ?
Who in the heck told you that? Why is it embarrassing to you? You don't have to use those products. All of this whining from a few "so called" Pentaxians has gotten ridiculous.
07-23-2019, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Okay, there are a bunch of months left and the anniversary proper is in November. Things will come when they come. And if they don't, well, they didn't. It's not like the available gear is unbelievably outdated.
07-23-2019, 02:37 PM - 1 Like   #43
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Who in the heck told you that? Why is it embarrassing to you? You don't have to use those products. All of this whining from a few "so called" Pentaxians has gotten ridiculous.
I wonder if some of those even own or use Pentax. It is only in the Pentax world where people can get credits without ever showing images with exif. In most other hobby's that won't work....you need pigeon's to be some body in the pigeon racing world, a stampcollection to be a stampguru and on and on.
07-23-2019, 05:23 PM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Love doesn’t mean blind faith
(●´ω`●)
07-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Okay, there are a bunch of months left and the anniversary proper is in November. Things will come when they come. And if they don't, well, they didn't. It's not like the available gear is unbelievably outdated.
I totally agree.