Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2019, 01:04 AM - 8 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery
Exploring Pentax Lenses with Richard Wilford, Manager of Garden Design, Kew Gardens,

07-27-2019, 02:38 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice low key advert - making the camera incidental but singing its praises all the same
07-27-2019, 03:30 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Very nice. Gentle.
07-27-2019, 04:05 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a great "office" to work in

07-27-2019, 05:28 AM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, a very nice, understated and gentle video, enjoyable to watch. An almost "passive" style of marketing

I'm fascinated by his left hand hold on the lens... Quite unconventional, but it obviously works for him
07-27-2019, 04:26 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Yes, a very nice, understated and gentle video, enjoyable to watch. An almost "passive" style of marketing

I'm fascinated by his left hand hold on the lens... Quite unconventional, but it obviously works for him
Nice low key advert video. His technique probably works pretty well with light lens.......not so much with larger lens.
07-27-2019, 04:43 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

This is the way I hold the lens also, even with a large lens. I find the 'underhand' support very awkward.

07-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
This is the way I hold the lens also, even with a large lens. I find the 'underhand' support very awkward.
I'm a big believer in the "right way" of doing something being whatever works best for an individual, rather than some prescribed method or approach. Personally, I get on well with the underhand method, but it's not the only one I use, and I'll happily adapt depending on my kit and the situation. Furthermore, when using my mirrorless gear with larger lenses, my left and right hands alternate - and sometimes share - responsibility for supporting my combo, depending on what I'm doing. So, I completely support whatever method you (and the chap in the video) use if it works for you. Go for it, I say!
07-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very nice video; Pentax needs more like this.

One thing I would say is that this video, with its serious but low-key and thoughtful tone, plays right into the wheelhouse of we Pentax users, and the potential users Pentax should be trying to attract. It plays to Pentax's strengths. Let's face it, Pentax isn't really the brand associated with World Cup, Olympics, NFL sidelines, & etc. Or a lot of other flashy types of photography. So, let's go with what's great about Pentax, and accentuate that.

And let's see more of this sort of thing....a lot more. Pentax/Ricoh should be reaching out to every top amateur and dedicated pro using Pentax gear and select more of these people to do more of these videos.
07-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #10
Pentaxian

No wonder Pentax don't sell enough cameras!

Where are the "K1ii BEST CAMERA OF ALL TIME!" "WHY I'M DITCHING SONY AND SWITCHING TO PENTAX!" "PENTAX DFA15-30 EPIC FAIL!" (bold is intended)
Loud headlines and over the top commentators stir "shix", create clickbaits and drive traffic (and maybe interest).
Sadly, I think the younger crowd also gets attracted by such gimmicks more.

Nice, video btw...