Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 97 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #91
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I can't prove it.

But I think it's true.

My guess is if you buy one of the remaining models they have to wipe a thick layer of dust off the box.
Well if you are planning to dust of a lot then why not go all retro and buy a new K-3 Silver with your selection of Sigma lenses.....

Kamera Express - Pentax K-3 zilver limited edition met grip, batterij en lederen riem

08-21-2019, 03:00 PM   #92
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well if you are planning to dust of a lot then why not go all retro and buy a new K-3 Silver with your selection of Sigma lenses.....

Kamera Express - Pentax K-3 zilver limited edition met grip, batterij en lederen riem

At that price, it's obvious why they still have it in stock

08-21-2019, 04:08 PM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
The death of A-mount has been the worst kept secret for years Even when I bought my HV (back in early 2016, I think?), most folks thought the mount was finished, and they were basically correct. The A99 MkII was the A-mount's "Last Hurrah!", IMHO.

It's a shame, really, as the later SLT cameras were actually very good, let down only by the loss of light due to the semi-translucent mirror. AF performance from the dedicated off-sensor phase detect system on my HV is stunningly good...
Yeah I always thought that the SLT tech was really interesting, always woundered how far the tech wouldve gone if Sony's had stuck with it a few more years before doing a full cannon-ball into mirrorless.
08-21-2019, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #94
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote

(Laughs) I had a silver K-S1, and my silver FA31 and FA77 Limiteds looked sensational on it.

08-21-2019, 05:49 PM - 3 Likes   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Yeah I always thought that the SLT tech was really interesting, always woundered how far the tech wouldve gone if Sony's had stuck with it a few more years before doing a full cannon-ball into mirrorless.
Why would they stick with it? It was just a stopgap until they figured out on sensor Phase Detect.
08-28-2019, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #96
Forum Member

I quit buying lensbaby after they passed the $100 mark. Now they're selling for hundreds of dollars to produce an effect I can do in Photoshop.

Creating the Lensbaby Effect - Photo.net - Articles

Do you know what I can't create in Photoshop? A sharp clean image from a cheap lens. I'd rather spend my money on Pentax LTD autofocus automatic lenses than gimmicks and lomography. If I want to get creative I just buy some cheap skylight filters, Vaseline, clear nail polish, stockings, etc.
08-29-2019, 02:52 AM   #97
Pentaxian

I wouldn't care much if there will be limited 3rd Party lens producers for Pentax. Just my observation, 3rd party lens manufactures compliment camera manufacturers. Some of the lenses they offer have a different zoom range compared to OEM. My only wish is for Pentax to survive the camera industry. Not just making new cameras but keeping the K-mount whether they go mirrorless or not.

08-29-2019, 03:07 AM - 1 Like   #98
Forum Member

Pentax has already said they're not going mirrorless, which is not surprising since it was they who introduced the SLR to Japan back in the day. "Mirrorless" is a campaign by Canon to recoup sales lost to cell phone shooters while Pentax is more concerned about image quality than the slight reduction in weight at the expense of loosing the viewfinder and battery life for something which does not take as good of photographs than an SLR.
08-29-2019, 03:15 AM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by h.butz Quote
Pentax has already said they're not going mirrorless, which is not surprising since it was they who introduced the SLR to Japan back in the day. "Mirrorless" is a campaign by Canon to recoup sales lost to cell phone shooters while Pentax is more concerned about image quality than the slight reduction in weight at the expense of loosing the viewfinder and battery life for something which does not take as good of photographs than an SLR.
Agree, they said they won't go mirrorless. But who knows, someone in the board might convince them all to go into mirrorless something I don't like myself.
08-29-2019, 08:33 AM   #100

Give me that mythical hybrid viewfinder and use lighter (stronger) materials in the construction of the next FF body and I'm happy. Video wouldn't hurt. Charge $2500

08-29-2019, 09:33 AM - 2 Likes   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nzondlo Quote
Charge $2500

Man talk about a death wish for Ricoh/Pentax! Probably not a lot of customers will spring for that priced Pentax DSLR!
08-29-2019, 01:21 PM - 3 Likes   #102
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by h.butz Quote
Pentax has already said they're not going mirrorless
No, they have said they are studying it very carefully.

Obviously they are seeing what happened to Nikon and Canon's sales going down after FF mirrorless releases and will need to take their experiences into account.

Nikon and Canon are big enough to recover from a single mistake.

A similar one by Pentax would probably cause Ricoh to shut it down, since the division is so small and the camera industry as a whole is crashing.

Last edited by clackers; 08-29-2019 at 04:29 PM.
08-29-2019, 03:55 PM - 2 Likes   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Weird. I thought Pentax had been including a free mirrorless camera with every SLR since the K7...

-Eric
08-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #104
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Weird. I thought Pentax had been including a free mirrorless camera with every SLR since the K7...

-Eric
Quite right, Eric, if someone says they need to have the electronic viewfinder next to their eye instead of a flat screen, a Hoodman loupe fixes all of that!
08-29-2019, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #105

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Quite right, Eric, if someone says they need to have the electronic viewfinder next to their eye instead of a flat screen, a Hoodman loupe fixes all of that!
Yes indeed. sometimes I attach my loupe and use it when using my lensbaby lens. But most of the time I prefer using focus confirmation with the magnified eye piece instead. Can I get the same effect using software? Maybe. But it is definitely more fun to do it for reals.