Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2019, 04:01 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2019 Pentax Forums T-shirt Contest!

It's that time again- our annual T-shirt contest is back for a 2019 edition!

For inspiration, you may view prior designs on our Teespring store.

Theme: incorporate the PF logo (download here) in a camera, lens, and/or photography-themed T-shirt. Let your imagination rule!

This year, given the celebration of Pentax's 100th anniversary, bonus points go to shirts that feature vintage themes. However, do not include any text that references the 100th anniversary, as there is official merchandise for this.

We can print shirts in multiple colors. You may therefore submit light and dark variations of your design if you wish to support both types of material.

Deadline: October 7th, September 30th 2019, by the end of the day your time

To enter: post each submission in a reply to this thread, as an attachment (be prepared to e-mail a high-res version if you're a winner)

You can choose to enter as many designs as you'd like.

Prizes: Each winner will each receive two free shirts shipped to their door, plus a Site Supporter forum account upgrade

Requirements and restrictions:
  • Important! Your design can't have more than 10 colors (preferably 4 colors or fewer), so avoid the use of photos
  • Unedited photos can NOT be printed - you must either vectorize the image or reduce the number colors
  • Only the central area on the front of the shirt will be printable. We can't print on the sides, above the neckline, or on the sleeves
  • Your design must include the Pentax Forums logo. You may alter the colors or make minor changes / additions
  • You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos (i.e. K-1, K-3, etc), and traces of official product photos, or any product photo found on PF's homepage
  • You may not use any other photo or work subject to copyright, without permission
  • You may not use the official Pentax logo font (type out Pentax instead)
Once we're closed to submissions, we'll have members vote to select the winning designs. We plan to pick three winners, but may opt for more if there are many exceptional designs.

I'm excited to see what you guys will come up with, and I'm sure many other forum members are, too. Good luck!

This year, we will continue T-shirt production through Teespring. With two different fulfillment locations, simple storefronts, and prints every 3 days, shipping is cheaper and faster than it's ever been before.

To get you started, here are four top designs from the past 3 contests:

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-01-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Plain white, like the camera body introductions . . .
09-07-2019, 01:55 AM - 2 Likes   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK - I'll go to the head of the Q

09-10-2019, 03:47 AM - 6 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I thought I'd go for a Takumar theme:

(Edited slightly to make lettering clearer)

Last edited by Dartmoor Dave; 09-10-2019 at 09:18 AM.
09-11-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You may use specific Pentax product names and product logos
You may not use the official Pentax logo font
Would it go against the rules if the AOCo logo and/or a hand-drawn likeness of the Pentax logo were incorporated into my design?
09-11-2019, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by impossibro Quote
Would it go against the rules if the AOCo logo and/or a hand-drawn likeness of the Pentax logo were incorporated into my design?
I wouldn't do either. You could, however, use the PF logo in place of the Pentax logo, and perhaps draw inspiration from the Asahi prism logo without directly using it.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-11-2019, 08:30 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote

Holy crap, I didn't realize I needed this.

09-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #8
Site Supporter

I wouldn't do either.
Well, I guess it's back to the drawing board.

I might upload the design with the logos anyway (along with the rule-abiding design of course) for feedback.
09-11-2019, 08:51 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by impossibro Quote
Well, I guess it's back to the drawing board.

I might upload the design with the logos anyway (along with the rule-abiding design of course) for feedback.
Definitely feel free to do that- I would recommend starting a dedicated thread so that it's not overlooked as a submission.

Adam

09-13-2019, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

I'd like a version without the "go screwy" since I'd hate to have to explain it to everyone who asks.
09-14-2019, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
I'd like a version without the "go screwy" since I'd hate to have to explain it to everyone who asks.
Your wish is my command.

I was playing around with various "witty" ideas based on the filmstrip lettering before I settled on "Go screwy". One I liked was: "Pentax Spotmatic. Better than your camera since 1964."

09-15-2019, 02:12 AM - 5 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

I'd like to nominate four designs from user sharadalways (who made the sixth place 2018 with 29% approval / 10% of all votes):

2018 Pentax Forums T-shirt Contest! - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com

And maybe some of the 2016 designs are interesting:
T-shirt Contest Voting: General Designs - PentaxForums.com
09-15-2019, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #13

Your wish is my command.

I was playing around with various "witty" ideas based on the filmstrip lettering before I settled on "Go screwy". One I liked was: "Pentax Spotmatic. Better than your camera since 1964."

I think the logo should be above the film strip. Right where the IZOD alligator would be. Then this will be the winner.
09-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
These would have to be resubmitted (and updated) by the OP himself to be considered.

Adam

09-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #15
Sid

Tee.

Here's my entry!
Attached Images

Closed Thread