Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2019, 11:05 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Understood Given your close interest in the commercial and financial performance of the company and brand, it would be nice to see you using its equipment again...
I easily spend 15k euro on new Pentax gear over the course of 6 years. On lenses, camera body's and flashes. Next to that I did have a lot of side stuff for studio work and field work from other brands and some second hand goods of Pentax. Good spend money, since most of it was good and doing the job and others where easily to sell off. When I look at it as a hobby, then things have to contribute to my fun in life and needs to be easy, good images delivering and not to expensive.

09-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #17
Pentaxian

If confirmed, that's probably worse news for Sigma than for Ricoh Imaging.
09-07-2019, 01:12 PM - 3 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Why should that even concern you, Ron??
I guess we are too happy with Pentax and in general, and that's not allowed
09-07-2019, 01:13 PM - 3 Likes   #19
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I guess we are too happy with Pentax and in general, and that's not allowed
Shiny Happy People, that's us

09-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #20
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
If confirmed, that's probably worse news for Sigma than for Ricoh Imaging.
I think the if is in place here. This could well be an answer to a not fully understand question. Not developing new lenses for K-mount is very different then stopping sales of currently offered lenses. There is no sign on this stopping on the site for the BeNeLux at the moment. Ofcourse some of the currently offered lenses will stop eventually.
09-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
To be found on photorumors.com. Reason is the concentration on mirror less mounts.
Less options for Pentax users, but the selection was small anyways.

Not a great loss, but a sign. Pentax can now present their own large aperture 35, tele zooms, ...
Actually, the list of manufacturers with pentax frames is being reduced.
As soon as they are left, it will be necessary to make a list of manufacturers of lenses with K mount that remain ... Although it will be short.
09-07-2019, 01:48 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So far no any notes on Sigmaphoto USA web
11 lenses for now with 4 sale price
09-07-2019, 03:30 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gopersuel Quote
Actually, the list of manufacturers with pentax frames is being reduced.
As soon as they are left, it will be necessary to make a list of manufacturers of lenses with K mount that remain ... Although it will be short.
Ricoh (Pentax)

Sigma
Tamron

Arax
Dongzheng (Kerlee)
KMZ
Lomography
OPC Optical Precision Components (Meyer Optik Görlitz)
Samyang
TH Swiss (Irix)
Venus Optics (Laowa)
Zhong Yi (Mitakon)

09-07-2019, 07:33 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I just saw a glowing review of the new Tamron 35/1.4. Sounds like it's significantly better than the Sigma 35 Art, which was already pretty good.
I'd have now hesitation getting some of the new Tamron lenses rebranded as Pentax. That would easily make up for the loss of Sigma.
09-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Ricoh (Pentax)

Sigma
Tamron

Arax
Dongzheng (Kerlee)
KMZ
Lomography
OPC Optical Precision Components (Meyer Optik Görlitz)
Samyang
TH Swiss (Irix)
Venus Optics (Laowa)
Zhong Yi (Mitakon)
Don't forget Zeiss with their M42 lenses!
09-07-2019, 11:22 PM   #26
Pentaxian

After limiting lenses being offered in the k-mount, I was expecting that Sigma will soon stop making lenses for Pentax. It's all about business. Why make lenses if the demand isn't that much. I felt sad years back when 3rd party manufacturers abandoned Pentax. It reminded me how the 4/3 system died years after it was abandoned by Tamron and Sigma. But on the brighter side, Pentaxians are forced to buy original Pentax gears. More likely that 95% of revenues will go to Pentax. All they need to do is make our gears better and better.
09-08-2019, 12:37 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly, I had some hopes that Sigma would actually release something new for the K-mount, seeing how the other DSLR companies are focused on mirrorless now, while most of the Sigma's lineup still consists of lenses designed for the flappy mirror. The demand for those falls, so every bit sold counts a lot more, right?

However, if Pentax comes up with their own 85/1.4 and a F/1.4 UWA prime, there won't be that much to miss really. Their zooms have notorious AF accuracy problems, and primes like 105/1.4, 14/1.8 or 40/1.4 are vanity projects - nice to have such an option, but it's nothing essential.
09-08-2019, 02:01 AM   #28
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

and now waiting on the following message:

ricoh pentax can't no more support the ricoh pentax lenses:

less of selling!
09-08-2019, 03:14 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Don't forget Zeiss with their M42 lenses!
  1. The question was a 'list of manufacturers of lenses with K mount'
  2. Zeiss discontinued their ZS lenses years ago.
09-08-2019, 03:56 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
  1. The question was a 'list of manufacturers of lenses with K mount'
  2. Zeiss discontinued their ZS lenses years ago.
I think that was meant to emphasize, that most lenses from companies you listed are quite old, and same companies haven't released anything new with K mount for quite a while. I'd wager that only Irix is truly still committed, seeing how the latest macro Laowa didn't get Pentax version...