Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 319 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2019, 11:39 PM   #706
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the Sigma 24-70 2.8 which the AF motor died on in the middle of a shoot... I replaced it with the 15-35 art 1.8 love the lens and use it for a mobile studio set up my record is shoot 75 photos and 6x4 print in 1.5 hours... I have a laptop set up with Canon Selphy and use the flu card only problem is when the battery dies.

12-31-2019, 07:24 AM   #707

Curious if I should buy this used Sigma DG 20-40mm f2.8 as a collector's item...I feel it'll be worth something maybe.
12-31-2019, 08:16 AM   #708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
My point is that all recent Pentax bodies - the K-70, the KP, and the K-1ii - are strong in high ISO settings. That seems to be where Pentax has put most of the effort lately. That is the Pentax strength right now. If you want lots of new lenses, you are playing to Pentax's weakness. Neither they nor others are going to produce lots of new lenses in the future. If your goal is lots of new lenses, you are already facing disappointment in Pentax - you can either switch or complain, but you will not receive.
Many of us are not looking for "lots of new lenses", but rather just the option to purchase the one lens that fills our need (real or perceived). I, for one, would love to have the option of one of the long Sigmas, 150-600 specifically. Having recently returned from Africa, the extra reach over my Pentax lens combo would have been appreciated. And it would have come at lower cost than our native 150-450. I would have gladly ponied up for one had it ever been available in k-mount. Other than that and possibly a good macro lens, I don't have any desire, much less need, for "lots of new lenses".