Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2019, 09:22 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Newest Pentax Ricoh imaging catalogue

"The report of my death was an exaggeration.”

To balance some doom spreading here, this is a link posted by Ricoh on german facebook pointing to their newest catalogue of imaging equipment

RICOH-IMAGING-04/19

I like it, looks professional, and quite alive.

Last edited by MMVIII; 09-10-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling errors
09-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Very nice it is IMO
09-10-2019, 09:55 AM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes I agree

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Very nice it is IMO
Only its in German. I did French at school. My bad.
09-10-2019, 10:25 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin KP Quote
Only its in German. I did French at school. My bad.
So did I. Dont need to read german to get the point though (IMO)

09-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like the photograph page #10 of the catalogue, this is the symbol of the Pentaxians waiting for a new full frame lens," pleeeease Richo, please..."
09-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I like the photograph page #10 of the catalogue, this is the symbol of the Pentaxians waiting for a new full frame lens," pleeeease Richo, please..."
Well, she certainly does look to be the median age of Pentax users...

It does look to be a very nicely put-together catalog, perhaps Ricoh HQ should take note.
09-10-2019, 10:41 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Nice.... even if it's not in English.

09-10-2019, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ha, I thought about posting it here but was not sure if it'd be appreciated. Couldn't find a version in English either. There is one to be found for the K-1 II (even one in French) and the Theta V here though.

About the professional look - yeah it looks very good, but there are a few typos in there which shouldn't happen imho. And I guess they made this by translating some previously existing materials about cameras and lenses that were in English, and they kept quite close to the words that were probably used in the English original that are not typically used in German. Also the "buzzword density" is quite high. There might be some truth to everything they claim, but it has been condensed down so much that it sounds like pure marketing mambo jambo.

On the one hand it's a nice sign showing that Ricoh Imaging / Pentax is still alive, on the other hand this makes me believe that there is nothing new on the immediate horizon (like this year still) - or the European part of Ricoh Imaging doesn't know what and when is about to drop either, just like us.

I also stumbled upon this because it was posted by the German Ricoh account on Facebook. And only because I then tried to find an English version of it did I also find the PxP website, where they show the work of Pentax ambassadors, photographic techniques and such... I'll certainly have a look at that when I have time to kill. The forum on the site seems to be quite dead, but that's not surprising considering that not many people will know about the site and who needs someplace else than here to discuss everything Pentax anyway?
09-10-2019, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mtgmansf Quote
Hate to spoil the party, but this catalog is five months plus old...
"Ausgabe 4/19" just means it's the 4th edition of the year, not the April edition.

How else would the HD 10-17 be in there that was only released in July?
09-10-2019, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Thanks for the clarification!
09-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Very interesting, or in German. Tolle Information
09-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

.... ahhhh a new catalog just in time for the holidays. Pentax does not have to spend much, just supply the simple basics. Take some pages from guerilla marketing 101.

I was over at a local camera shop back in - April. I saw that they had a 645Z and an way overpriced K5IIs on the shelf. The sales person was telling me that with a bit of marketing on Pentax's part they could sell a lot more Pentax products. I then pointed out that I bought my K5IIs new for $425 (about 8 years ago), and with a price of around $1K on their shelf, was a real stretch.

09-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
The sales person was telling me that with a bit of marketing on Pentax's part they could sell a lot more Pentax products. I then pointed out that I bought my K5IIs new for $425 (about 8 years ago), and with a price of around $1K on their shelf, was a real stretch.
Saving customer's money does not benefit retailers. It's up to a point that my local shop got rid of the 645z because he wasn't selling enough lenses for it, because 645z owners keep using their FA 645 lenses. The shop owner tries to have his 645z customers migrate from 645z to Fuji GFX because there is no legacy glass for the Fuji , customers buying into GFX mostly end-up buying the new Fuji GF $$$ lenses. Switching from Pentax 645 to Fuji GFX means $$$ for the camera shop.
09-10-2019, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #14

But where is Q... ?
09-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Saving customer's money does not benefit retailers. It's up to a point that my local shop got rid of the 645z because he wasn't selling enough lenses for it, because 645z owners keep using their FA 645 lenses. The shop owner tries to have his 645z customers migrate from 645z to Fuji GFX because there is no legacy glass for the Fuji , customers buying into GFX mostly end-up buying the new Fuji GF $$$ lenses. Switching from Pentax 645 to Fuji GFX means $$$ for the camera shop.
Well the point that I was inferring here was that for the K5IIs, it was a discontinued model (in 2014) that was very good, however at the price it wasn't going to be moving really any time soon (turnover).

In the case of the 645Z, the camera store has a very large rental business supporting the local state university (ASU), and they were telling me that their rental for the 645 was very good. Lots of old 645 lenses floating around, so the photography and fine arts students have a good selection to choose from.

Basically it appeared that they have a number of bodies supporting their rental business and one on display for someone to acquire.