Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
09-12-2019, 11:30 PM - 6 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

If I know anything about Japanese companies this means we're definitely getting a camera announcement this fall.

09-12-2019, 11:59 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
If I know anything about Japanese companies this means we're definitely getting a camera announcement this fall.
So true, just when you expect nothing.......
Oh and don't forget it's Spring here in Australia
09-13-2019, 01:05 AM   #18
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

finally the fairy tale of pentax is over !!!!!

no new cameras and i guess also no new lenses.

at the end of november pentax is gone!!
09-13-2019, 01:06 AM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
So true, just when you expect nothing.......
Ricoh monitor social media content. They wait for customers to jump ship, and release the new cam the next day after they jump ship. This happen with the K1, some people got impatient, Ricoh released the K1 right after jumpers spent 10 Grands into the EF or F mount system, and after that, Canon and Nikon announced they'll develop the RF and Z mounts (and let the EF and Z mounts witter) but there would be an adapter for their Old lenses. Some people are really not lucky

09-13-2019, 01:50 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote

Fairy tales are for kids. The reality is, whether-or-not we see anything new from Pentax this year, Pentax is well and truly "here"
09-13-2019, 02:06 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I ve read in some rumors thread that new camera is for this time next year...
09-13-2019, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote

Come on, don't be this negative - we should let this slide. I think you are focusing on the wrong subjects; lenses (and Pentax bodies, hah) last for a *very* long time. There is no need to rush the development; the end result will be good, I'm sure of it . In the meantime, shoot what you have. We get superb performers, built to last, at very reasonable prices. The not-free lunch is the time between releases.

09-13-2019, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

Ok. Im waiting for new DA lenses. I dont need a new camera. My KS1suits me just fine
09-13-2019, 02:19 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, perhaps a camera next fall?
09-13-2019, 02:36 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

I've read the question and reply... here's what I see:
- that guy or gal from Ricoh Imaging USA didn't say they won't release a camera this fall. He/she said they don't have the plans. Probably, Japan didn't sent them.
- Canon, Nikon and Sony were listening carefully... very carefully...
09-13-2019, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not a particularly trustworthy source.

That said, I've been gearing up for releases the first part of 2020.
09-13-2019, 02:51 AM - 5 Likes   #27
Pentaxian

Why are so many people so desperate for a new camera anyway? What is it you need that you haven't got now, that's so vital that Ricoh should invest the research and development funds necessary to give it to you?

What are the specific photographs that you need to take that you can't take now with a K-1ii or a KP? And I'm not talking about technologically unavailable fantasies like: "Yeah, cos I wanna get shots of owls in total darkness with instantaneous autofocus and no noise at ISO 500,000."

And don't just give us a list of things that other manufacturers are doing that you think Pentax should be doing, because its the other camera makers who are blowing millions on R&D for unnecessary new product lines that are really in trouble. It's exactly by accepting that the technology is now mature and slowing down the pace of development that Pentax will survive.
09-13-2019, 03:07 AM - 4 Likes   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Why are so many people so desperate for a new camera anyway?
There is a miss-understanding here. Pentaxians (and others) want Ricoh to make new cameras, doesn't mean they want to buy one, they don't even know what the specifications and advantages would be over what they already have. It's all because people think that no new camera means no revenues for Ricoh. As a matter of fact, some of the most vocal complainers use old Pentax models with old lenses, they didn't even buy anything for two or three generations of Pentax cameras.
09-13-2019, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

It's the quiet(er) ones which are/will be buying.

Remember the ever present MILC requests? Most cases, the author should add, "not for me, I already have my Sony/Fuji/whatever".
09-13-2019, 03:14 AM - 3 Likes   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
There is a miss-understanding here. Pentaxians (and others) want Ricoh to make new cameras, doesn't mean they want to buy one, they don't even know what the specifications and advantages would be over what they already have. It's all because people think that no new camera means no revenues for Ricoh. As a matter of fact, some of the most vocal complainers use old Pentax models with old lenses, they didn't even buy anything for two or three generations of Pentax cameras.
I'll upgrade my k10d when the new camera REALLY speaks to me!

CCD or a bust!