Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2019, 03:11 AM - 1 Like   #436
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I wonder what the official Ricoh USA Imaging Twitter Rep is thinking right now...

().
I think the official Ricoh Twitter person is sitting back and thinking “fall starts tomorrow”...

-Eric

09-20-2019, 03:13 AM   #437
Pentaxian

I wonder what the official Ricoh USA Imaging Twitter Rep is thinking right now...

(Looks like all good news, although this is still an unfinished prototype and the release will be a ways down the road).
Actually, what the official Ricoh USA Imaging Twitter Rep wrote was right: Ricoh Imaging won't launch (launch, not announce; such was the question and their answer) any new camera this fall, simply they confirmed at the end of summer that a new APS-C flagship is in development, will show a prototype at 100th anniversary events and launch the camera in 2020.
09-20-2019, 03:13 AM - 3 Likes   #438
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(Looks like all good news, although this is still an unfinished prototype and the release will be a ways down the road).
"Got them good, did I"

The tweet has been proven to be *very* accurate:
-The camera was not announced this fall
-The camera will not be released this fall

Technically correct is the best kind of correct
09-20-2019, 03:24 AM   #439
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Actually, what the official Ricoh USA Imaging Twitter Rep wrote was right: Ricoh Imaging won't launch (launch, not announce; such was the question and their answer) any new camera this fall, simply they confirmed at the end of summer that a new APS-C flagship is in development, will show a prototype at 100th anniversary events and launch the camera in 2020.
The answer still carries with it the weight of a lack of knowledge. Saying "Ricoh Imaging won't launch a new camera this fall," and "Ricoh Imaging is currently working on several things that we plan to tease this fall and release in 2020," are two different things.

I just am not convinced at all that Ricoh Imaging USA knows anything about Pentax plans and developments more than a day or two prior to us knowing about them here. This tweet confirms that fact and while it is technically correct, it would be better to say "We are working on several things right now, but the release schedule has not been finalized," than to say what they did.

09-20-2019, 03:57 AM   #440

Something can still be released in the winter.
09-20-2019, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #441
Pentaxian

...or later.
09-20-2019, 04:18 AM   #442
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The answer still carries with it the weight of a lack of knowledge. Saying "Ricoh Imaging won't launch a new camera this fall," and "Ricoh Imaging is currently working on several things that we plan to tease this fall and release in 2020," are two different things.

I just am not convinced at all that Ricoh Imaging USA knows anything about Pentax plans and developments more than a day or two prior to us knowing about them here. This tweet confirms that fact and while it is technically correct, it would be better to say "We are working on several things right now, but the release schedule has not been finalized," than to say what they did.
I suppose that this thing also applies elsewhere. There was one nordic ambassador who got fed up fot Pentax/Ricoh being so tight lipped, even for them.

09-20-2019, 04:24 AM   #443
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'll just leave this here!

The K series digital SLR camera currently under development will be exhibited at the PENTAX fan event.?RICOH IMAGING

"2019.09.20

The K series digital SLR camera currently under development will be exhibited at the PENTAX fan event."
09-20-2019, 05:35 AM - 4 Likes   #444
Pentaxian

Ha ha, you suppose all the negative nellies are now going to turn up and apologize for their chicken little type behaviour. Not a chance.The arrogant never apologize, for anything.

Here's the tweet

QuoteQuote:
Hi Jen, we don't have plans for any new cameras this fall.
From Ricoh.
QuoteQuote:
The K series digital SLR camera currently under development will be exhibited at the PENTAX fan event.

Apparently this will be the first camera ever announced for which there are no plans. (Hint, they obviously have had plans for this camera for quite a while now. Anyone still trying to make something of the tweet of this ignorant twit should be banned.)
The problem with constantly and incessantly complaining about Pentax R&D over and over is you are constantly shown to be fools over and over. I can't understand for the life of me why you keep it up. By now you have to know, we pay attention, and your track record is dismal. I didn't believe the tweet, if you did, ask yourself, "why was I so easily made a fool of?"

Last edited by normhead; 09-20-2019 at 06:23 AM.
09-20-2019, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ha ha, you suppose all the negative nellies are now going to turn up and apologize for their chicken little type behaviour. Not a chance.The arrogant never apologize, for anything.
Norm, haven't you seen that the new camera doesn't have a tilt screen/eye AF/flash/gps/enough FPS/weighs 200 g/pick_your_lacking_feature?

There's always something to complain about. I personally think the camera looks perfectly swell. Let's see what they tell us tomorrow.
09-20-2019, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #446
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
Norm, haven't you seen that the new camera doesn't have a tilt screen/eye AF/flash/gps/enough FPS/weighs 200 g/pick_your_lacking_feature?

There's always something to complain about. I personally think the camera looks perfectly swell. Let's see what they tell us tomorrow.
My problem is, I own a K-3 that still does what I want for the most part, although the accelerator chip would be nice, but I have my K-1 which has the tilt screen and GPS so some of the things I want in the new flagship I already have access to. It's 50/50 I buy the new body even if it has everything I want.

I'm not sure I've ever been happier with any set up as i am with my K-1 and K-3 combo. It's going to be hard to part with them before they fail.
09-20-2019, 06:04 AM   #447
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had to return the K-1 I bought some weeks ago (it had a pretty annoying e-dial problem), so I feel exactly like that. Now the K-7 feels... constricted. I cannot go out at sunset and take pictures with amazing colours without a tripod.
09-20-2019, 06:08 AM - 2 Likes   #448
Veteran Member

This thread summarizes the highs and lows of being a Pentax user. Either giddy elation of something actually on the pipeline, or utter depression of being a lonely photographic soul in a sea of Canikon or Sonys.
09-20-2019, 06:30 AM - 2 Likes   #449
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
This thread summarizes the highs and lows of being a Pentax user. Either giddy elation of something actually on the pipeline, or utter depression of being a lonely photographic soul in a sea of Canikon or Sonys.
All you need to do to avoid the depression is go out and shoot. Actually using cameras dispels all the negativity, and if it doesn't, you're not a photographer.
All the negativity I experience is the negativity posted on the forum. And depression? Seriously. That's an insult to people with real depression.

All the nonsense about "we gotta have this and we gotta have that" that goes on here, I go out and take a few images with my old FA 35-80, of F 70-210 and come back happy. I used something different from my normal shooting experience. With Pentax, you don't have to go for the "new latest greatest" to give yourself a new interesting take on your shooting experience.

Last edited by normhead; 09-21-2019 at 07:14 AM.
09-20-2019, 06:41 AM - 2 Likes   #450
Pentaxian

I look forward to Ricoh's developments.