Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 635 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2019, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #676
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by house Quote
bang, bang, bang, bang
Ah, the sounds of new, satisfied Pentax owners capturing the beautiful moments of life.

10-12-2019, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #677
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Ah, the sounds of new, satisfied Pentax owners capturing the beautiful moments of life.
OKAY. Spanish policemen, friends of 'Serkevan' shot in the direction of 'pentaxian house' in Sweden and 'MikeyBugs95' saw all this in New York. OKAY. This is the real globalization of the Pentax idea
10-17-2019, 04:14 AM - 1 Like   #678
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I have a belt holder nowadays, it's great ti have the camera on your hip, one barely feels the weight... Although I did get a look or two from local police
A few years ago, I did consider buying a TAIR-3S 300mm F4.5 - Fotosniper. But I decided against it. Carry that around might have resulted in more than a look or two from the police.
10-18-2019, 03:35 AM   #679
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
A few years ago, I did consider buying a TAIR-3S 300mm F4.5 - Fotosniper. But I decided against it. Carry that around might have resulted in more than a look or two from the police.
I just bought my beloved Pentax KP, but I haven't sold the Pentax K-50 yet. The look of my beloved wife was worse than the look of 100 policemen

10-18-2019, 07:22 AM   #680
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fotus Tuus Quote
I just bought my beloved Pentax KP, but I haven't sold the Pentax K-50 yet. The look of my beloved wife was worse than the look of 100 policemen
My issue is more practical - the selling price of a K-30 isn't much, and for years I have kept my old camera as backup of my new camera - so I kept old K-30 when I purchased KP.
10-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #681
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does your beloved personal "policeman" (your wife) know this?
OK, OK, just kidding. My wife is an angel
10-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #682
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fotus Tuus Quote
Does your beloved personal "policeman" (your wife) know this?
OK, OK, just kidding. My wife is an angel
This practice started before our marriage forty years ago and has continued ever since; when she allocates space in our walkin closet, she includes space for my camera gear. She is glad on those occasional times when a camera acts up that I have something to fall back on.

10-19-2019, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #683
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This practice started before our marriage forty years ago and has continued ever since; when she allocates space in our walkin closet, she includes space for my camera gear. She is glad on those occasional times when a camera acts up that I have something to fall back on.
Lucky for you she allocates space for your gears in the closet. Mine are filled with my clothes and my dry box ends up under the bed.
10-19-2019, 02:32 PM   #684
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
While some sites are gleefully reporting newsworthy subjects like "no Pentax this fall" or "Sigma gave up on Pentax", Imaging Resource...
Theta in space: Ricoh partners with JAXA for out-of-this-world spherical panos
And now Digital Photography Review with a report including a 360° video:

Ricoh shares 360º photos, videos from space captured in partnership with JAXA | Digital Photography Review
11-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #685

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
And now Digital Photography Review with a report including a 360° video:

Ricoh shares 360º photos, videos from space captured in partnership with JAXA | Digital Photography Review
Something i didn't really get, will this camera be out there like forever or will come back eventually?
11-07-2019, 09:57 AM   #686
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CapitanXeon Quote
Something i didn't really get, will this camera be out there like forever or will come back eventually?
It is being used to monitor some equipment on the ISS. Will the ISS be out there forever?
http://www.ihub-tansa.jaxa.jp/english/theta_photo_en.html

11-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #687

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I hope that, if it does come back, it does it on a soft manner
11-07-2019, 12:33 PM - 4 Likes   #688
Pentaxian

So they "launched" a new camera this fall unless they bought it used.
11-07-2019, 12:44 PM - 2 Likes   #689
mlt
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few hundred years in the future can just see Spock asking the captain what this strange two eyed thing they just beamed aboard is

Last edited by mlt; 11-07-2019 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Typo
11-07-2019, 12:48 PM   #690
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mlt Quote
A few hundred years in the future can just see Spock asking the captain what this strange two eyed thing they just beamed aboard is
LEO {Low Earth Orbit} objects tend not to last that long. The ISS is so large I'm sure the appropriate scientists have already planned how to destroy it over the Pacific when "its time has come".